PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio Help

bohica
09-13-2004, 08:52 AM
I want to run XM radio on my new boat system. Since no one has the XM satellite radio receivers, I went to ebay and bought the Sony XT-XM1 receiver. Now I find out that this is the older style receiver that has 2 inputs for the XM antenna. Car Toyz doesn't have nor can they get the older style antenna. All the new XM antennas only have 1 lead.
Where can I get an older style antenna? I'd buy one from ebay, but don't know which one I need. Anyone have a model number for an older style antenna? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On another note, I'd like to thank Car Toyz for stepping up and taking care of my amplifier issue. Even though I really thought Conquest should have covered the new equipment that was ruined because the speedo tube came off after the first hour on the water and sprayed down both of my amps and blew, Car Toyz replaced both amps on their dollar. Thanks for stepping up.

Party Cat
09-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Duane...you can get an adapter to go from one to 2 leads....I have the same unit in my Dmax and the factory antenna is a single lead one....I think I got the adapter from Circut City....

phebus
09-13-2004, 09:10 AM
I have the adaptor to go from the two lead antenna to the single lead, and it works great. The big advantage is the newer single lead antennas come in models that are very small. Much nicer than the large older ones. I purchased mine at Al & Ed's.

bohica
09-13-2004, 09:17 AM
Car Toyz thought about using the 2 to1 adapter, but said that I would lose the display on my head unit. They said instead of showing the channel, artist and song name, it would only display "antenna" on the head unit.

Party Cat
09-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Car Toyz thought about using the 2 to1 adapter, but said that I would lose the display on my head unit. They said instead of showing the channel, artist and song name, it would only display "antenna" on the head unit.
I'm using the same xm unit you have with the Sony in dash 7" screen (XVA-7W)....it shows all of the normal xm stuff...channel, artist, song name etc....

mbrown2
09-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Not too hijack, but what is the XM adapter model number that Sony use to make...it plugged right into the HU and allowed you to have XM along with pass through for CD Changer?

ROZ
09-13-2004, 01:25 PM
think it's the XA300

mbrown2
09-13-2004, 04:48 PM
think it's the XA300
You sure? that seems to be the adapter to plug in more sources to the headunit....I am looking to be able to get XM channels on my new 7055x; what do I need to make that happen...it says it is XM ready, but I don't see the XM-T adapter on Sony's site anymore, so I am trying to figure out the full name of the adapter so I can search ebay...

Party Cat
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
think it's the XA300
The XA-107 also will allow inline addition of a pair of audio rca's....

mbrown2
09-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Ok...AudioConcepts just explained it to me...it is the XT-XM1....can't believe Sony stopped making this.....

LAVEYSABRE575
09-13-2004, 05:50 PM
mbrown i have a brand new xt-xm1 receiver still in the box never opened it is very available, i run one in my boat ive never lost signal....derek