PDA

View Full Version : Blown, quick question

Kurtis500
09-25-2004, 06:29 AM
If it was 1936 all over again and you were faced with a dictator who was breaking international rules, would you invade his country to stop him from becoming a future threat? Even if the country only had 22,000 troops and had been defeated in a war once already?
cant use hind-sight either.

Dave C
09-25-2004, 09:50 AM
see nevel chamberline, prime minister of Britain. (sp?) .......

eliminatedsprinter
09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
see nevel chamberline, prime minister of Britain. (sp?) .......
Exactly. Neville Chamberlain should join Che' Guevara as the poster boys for todays Democratic Party.

Blown 472
09-27-2004, 02:27 PM
If it was 1936 all over again and you were faced with a dictator who was breaking international rules, would you invade his country to stop him from becoming a future threat? Even if the country only had 22,000 troops and had been defeated in a war once already?
cant use hind-sight either.
What international rules was he breaking?
Was this during the time of sanctions when our current vp was with halaburton and buying and selling to him even when there were sanctions?

Froggystyle
09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm not the sharpest candle in the drawer, but I have a suspicion we are not talking about Sadaam....

HighRoller
09-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Was this during the time of sanctions when our current vp was with halaburton and buying and selling to him even when there were sanctions?
How is our VP "with" Haliburton? He has no shares or any financial interest in the company so what are you saying? Because he used to have shares in a corporation that does business with the government he shouldn't be allowed to be VP? Did you protest when Al Gore passed legislation that benefitted OXY petroleum? I doubt it. You're another sad Democrat sympathizing hypocrit. Get a life.

Blown 472
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
How is our VP "with" Haliburton? He has no shares or any financial interest in the company so what are you saying? Because he used to have shares in a corporation that does business with the government he shouldn't be allowed to be VP? Did you protest when Al Gore passed legislation that benefitted OXY petroleum? I doubt it. You're another sad Democrat sympathizing hypocrit. Get a life.
What part of "was" dont you get? sheesh.
And for the record again, I am not a democrat, if there was one in the office pulling this shit I would be busting his chops too.

eliminatedsprinter
09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Wow, if you have to ask someting like this, you really arn't well informed enough to be critical of our current (or any other) administration. I mean, do you really feel quailified enough to put down the work of people like Condi Rice (with her CV) when you don't posses even this much basic info?? I know every american has the right to criticise the gov, but don't you think it should be informed criticism?
Some of your previous posts have inspired a little thought, but today, well, frankly, your writing as if your a bit high???

Blown 472
09-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, if you have to ask someting like this, you really arn't well informed enough to be critical of our current (or any other) administration. I mean, do you really feel quailified enough to put down the work of people like Condi Rice (with her CV) when you don't posses even this much basic info?? I know every american has the right to criticise the gov, but don't you think it should be informed criticism?
Some of your previous posts have inspired a little thought, but today, well, frankly, your writing as if your a bit high???
Ok, let me restate that, what was he breaking that other countries are doing but not getting pounded for? what about the nukes isreal has? why no inspectors for them??

Jeanyus
09-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Earth to blown, hello, Isreal is full of Jews they have not taken a vow to destroy the US.

Blown 472
09-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Earth to blown, hello, Isreal is full of Jews they have not taken a vow to destroy the US.
Really? huh, imagine that. We are talking about violating international rules.
The thing that cracks me up on here is there are some pretty smart peeps on here, but for some reason they cant think for themselves, they just take what is told to them via the tv and think that is it law. :rolleyes:

Jeanyus
09-27-2004, 08:14 PM
I guess you understand Isreal better than me. But truthfully I can't find in their religion where it calls for them to kill me.

Kurtis500
09-29-2004, 03:33 PM
No Blown. This is history. Would you or wouldn't you?

Blown 472
09-29-2004, 03:37 PM
No Blown. This is history. Would you or wouldn't you?
Sure, why not we are a big ol war machine and our it would help out all the contractors that build the war machine. Besides it is just some sub human country anyway.

Kurtis500
09-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Sure, why not we are a big ol war machine and our it would help out all the contractors that build the war machine. Besides it is just some sub human country anyway.
I'll rephrase it then. Would you have invaded Germany in 1936 when they occupied the Rhineland against the Armistice. When they had only 22,000 troops total with orders to retreat if France or Britain opposed them. Do you think, in looking back, stopping Hitler when he broke international sanctions against him would have been a good idea? After all, at the time, beating up on a country with 22,000 troops would have seemed FAR WORSE than you percieve Iraq.
So...would ya?

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Ok, let me restate that, what was he breaking that other countries are doing but not getting pounded for? what about the nukes isreal has? why no inspectors for them??
Isreal has had nukes for a long time. What treaty do they have with anyone that says they can't have them.
Saddam did stuff like puting the children of political prisoners into wood chippers and making them watch. He also had has troops shoot at planes that were patroling airspace that international treatys said they should be patroling etc....These types of things tend to violate international law.

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 03:52 PM
I'll rephrase it then. Would you have invaded Germany in 1936 when they occupied the Rhineland against the Armistice. When they had only 22,000 troops total with orders to retreat if France or Britain opposed them. Do you think, in looking back, stopping Hitler when he broke international sanctions against him would have been a good idea? After all, at the time, beating up on a country with 22,000 troops would have seemed FAR WORSE than you percieve Iraq.
So...would ya?
Don't bother...
I'm starting to think our friend blown is living proof that the old saying "those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it".
Hey Blown, remember when you sat in history and social studies class and said "why do we have to learn this dumb stuff". Well this is why. :wink:

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Really? huh, imagine that. We are talking about violating international rules.
The thing that cracks me up on here is there are some pretty smart peeps on here, but for some reason they cant think for themselves, they just take what is told to them via the tv and think that is it law. :rolleyes:
You gotta be kidding. If these folks got their views from TV, they would all be democrats just like 90% of the folks on TV are.
There is no logic at all in this last statement.... :rolleyes: It is a complete non-sequitur.

Kurtis500
09-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Well?? Would you have invaded the country?

Blown 472
09-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Don't bother...
I'm starting to think our friend blown is living proof that the old saying "those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it".
Hey Blown, remember when you sat in history and social studies class and said "why do we have to learn this dumb stuff". Well this is why. :wink:
Now that is funny, seems the brits forgot the asshanding they got in iraq a number of years ago, and what was it over??? oil.
I rather enjoyed history class.

Blown 472
09-29-2004, 05:02 PM
So...would ya?
Hell yeah, then we can expand our empire. :lightsabe

Kurtis500
09-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Hell yeah, then we can expand our empire. :lightsabe
So why did we go to war with Germany Blown? They didnt attack us.

Dave C
09-30-2004, 07:43 AM
hmmmm lets see........ try several U.N. security counsel resolutions that he was not complying with..... and most of those resolutions ending with the words "or else" Are you going to pretend now that those don't exist?
sorry your argument doesn't fly.... the U.N. was just too much of a pussy to enforce the words "or else" until W came along and did it for them.........
to answer your question..."He" was the only one the U.N. seemed to have a consensus on..... thats the "U.N." NOT the "U.S." (or Halliburton) ;)

eliminatedsprinter
09-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Now that is funny, seems the brits forgot the asshanding they got in iraq a number of years ago, and what was it over??? oil.
I rather enjoyed history class.
In 1932 when the Brits gave Iraq their independence they (the brits) were a small island nation that was spread way too thin all over the region and the world. They were not the worlds one and only superpower like we currently are. Plus, before the brits took it from them in world war I, the Ottoman Empire managed to control Iraq for several hundred years. Iraq has never had a track record of being very tough. Even the great civilizations of Mesopotamia got their butts kicked by Persians, Greeks, Mongols, and even weak a$$ Arab Muslims (who distroyed their culture completely)...

Blown 472
09-30-2004, 03:40 PM
In 1932 when the Brits gave Iraq their independence they (the brits) were a small island nation that was spread way too thin all over the region and the world. They were not the worlds one and only superpower like we currently are. Plus, before the brits took it from them in world war I, the Ottoman Empire managed to control Iraq for several hundred years. Iraq has never had a track record of being very tough. Even the great civilizations of Mesopotamia got their butts kicked by Persians, Greeks, Mongols, and even weak a$$ Arab Muslims (who distroyed their culture completely)...
Yes, after the iraqi's killed thousands of brits just like they are doing right now, this is a fantastic example of history repeating it's self.

Dave C
09-30-2004, 03:43 PM
yes but there are SEVERAL examples in history of occupations working for the betterment of the population.... Japan and Germany are two recent ones.

Seadog
09-30-2004, 06:43 PM
I keep hearing about how Irag is another Vietnam. Why is this? There is no reason that we cannot win in Iraq. Let's look at the pacific action. We were getting our butts kicked. We were facing an enemy that would not give up. We sent more troops than we could spare, to a place where they faced disease, snipers, mortar attacks and other horrors. No matter what we sent at them, they hid and fought back. The smart thing to do would have been to pull out according to the liberals today. We stuck it out at Guadacanal and eventually defeated the Japanese. They are now one of our biggest allies.
When you go into a conflict, there is only one way to win. Totally and complete. You make sure that those who hurt for ideology, pay the ultimate price. Vietnam is what happns when you play at war. War is not a game. You either put your whole effort into winning, or you tuck tail and hide.

eliminatedsprinter
10-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Yes, after the iraqi's killed thousands of brits just like they are doing right now, this is a fantastic example of history repeating it's self.
It's not even close. We are stronger than the Brits were and our intentions are totally different. We are not attepting to make Iraq a colony or U.S. Territory.

Blown 472
10-01-2004, 04:14 PM
It's not even close. We are stronger than the Brits were and our intentions are totally different. We are not attepting to make Iraq a colony or U.S. Territory.
Funny from what I have read the brits are the ones that made iraq what it is today along with kuwait. :idea:

steelcomp
10-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Funny from what I have read the brits are the ones that made iraq what it is today along with kuwait. :idea:
News flash, Blown. The Iraqis aren't the ones killing us, nor are they the ones we are fighting. Get your story straight.

Blown 472
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
News flash, Blown. The Iraqis aren't the ones killing us, nor are they the ones we are fighting. Get your story straight.
Really?? holy shit, entire cities emptied out so people from other countries can come in and fight??? strange.

Kurtis500
10-03-2004, 08:44 PM
So why did we go to war with Germany Blown? They didnt attack us.
You there? Why would we go to war against someone who didnt attack us Blown? Do you think that decision was a good idea??

eliminatedsprinter
10-04-2004, 09:41 AM
They drew up the boundries etc... Of course, the Brits influenced the history of the region, but they are far from the main cause of the pathological culture that makes that part of the world the sh!# hole it is today. Remember societys and cultures are man made tools and some work better than others. What we are seeing in the mid east is, at least in large part, the result of a stagnant 6th centrury culture attempting to survive in a modern world.

Kurtis500
10-12-2004, 08:38 PM
You there? Why would we go to war against someone who didnt attack us Blown? Do you think that decision was a good idea??
I guess some questions are just too tough to answer..

kahanamoko
10-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Isreal has had nukes for a long time. What treaty do they have with anyone that says they can't have them.
Saddam did stuff like puting the children of political prisoners into wood chippers and making them watch. He also had has troops shoot at planes that were patroling airspace that international treatys said they should be patroling etc....These types of things tend to violate international law.
Horrible stuff to say the least but can you let us know which other world dictators the U.S. has driven from power in a preemptive first strike due to their torture and killing of their own people in the last 28 years? What happened to the republicans constant chanting that they didn't think the U.S. should be the police force for the world? It was one of their biggest criticisms of Al Gore and some other prior Democratic presidential candidates.