PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Sub..

CornWater
10-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Just bought a new Tahoe, and would like to utilize the space for an 8" sub where the jack storage is. Anyone have any ideas on which sub to buy? I do not want to change out the head unit because I have the steering wheel controls. Is there any chance that this stock radio comes with a pre out? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
BTW, do I need to use a free air sub in this enclosure as I am sure it is not that air tight? :confused:

riverbound
10-02-2004, 06:07 AM
We can put a shallow 10" sub in their in an enclosure. In mine I have a JL 10W0 in a box hidden behind the factory panel. The box will be mostly fiberglass. If you want more details call Robert at (909)481-8411 and tell him you are from ***boat. We also have pictures of it at the shop.

Havasu Hangin'
10-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Also, PAC makes a steering wheel control interface for aftermarket head units (uses the remote IR or plug in). I think the Tahoe is a 1 1/2 DIN unit.

Kachina26
10-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com) makes custom enclosures for that.

riverbound
10-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Also, PAC makes a steering wheel control interface for aftermarket head units (uses the remote IR or plug in). I think the Tahoe is a 1 1/2 DIN unit.
New tahoes are double din. Pac also makes adapters for onstar and the door chime so you don't lose anything going to aftermarket radios.

CornWater
10-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Any recomendations as far as an amp, obviously going to have to use a converter if I keep the stock head unit, which I am going to do at this time. I like the way the system sounds now, I just want to add a little low end, without draining out the mids and highs.
Thanks, Jeff :)

riverbound
10-02-2004, 08:54 PM
which amp and sub you use will depend on your budget. We use Rockford Fosgate amps most of the time.
Any recomendations as far as an amp, obviously going to have to use a converter if I keep the stock head unit, which I am going to do at this time. I like the way the system sounds now, I just want to add a little low end, without draining out the mids and highs.
Thanks, Jeff :)