PDA

View Full Version : Cheney keeps a low profile

nodigg
10-06-2004, 06:18 AM
and has no further political aspirations according to last night. Maybe that is why he made Edwards look like a bumbling, stump jumping, self serving, ex-ambulance chaser turned politician last night.
I especially liked the SLAM of Cheney reminding Edwards, who constantly rants about businesses not paying their fair share, of using S-Corp "loop" holes to avoid paying $600,000.00 in personal taxes! :wink:
Cheney appeared calm, cool, sharp and wise. I was impressed! I am more comfortable thinking of Cheney having to take over as president than I would be with Edwards, that's for sure after last night.

OGShocker
10-06-2004, 06:23 AM
I have to agree! I thought DC did a fine job.
Now let's see how the spin machine plays with some of his flubs. I bet they will pop him on the I never met you line, big!

nodigg
10-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Yeah, he already got some bashing for mistakes last night. I can't even imagine how anyone can stay that calm, collected and focused for so long. Kudos to anyone who has that power.

JustMVG
10-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Did you see where Cheney mentioned FACTCHECK.COM when he should have said .ORG, well the DNC gobbled up FACTCHECK.COM and linked it to the Soris website, within minutes of DC saying that too. amazing!!!
DC held his own and showed Edwards for what he is and thats waaaay over his head as VP, Kerry and Edwards are just made for each other. W and DC for me!!!!

Essex502
10-06-2004, 06:57 AM
and has no further political aspirations according to last night. Maybe that is why he made Edwards look like a bumbling, stump jumping, self serving, ex-ambulance chaser turned politician last night.
I especially liked the SLAM of Cheney reminding Edwards, who constantly rants about businesses not paying their fair share, of using S-Corp "loop" holes to avoid paying $600,000.00 in personal taxes! :wink:
Cheney appeared calm, cool, sharp and wise. I was impressed! I am more comfortable thinking of Cheney having to take over as president than I would be with Edwards, that's for sure after last night.
As I sat last night and watched the debate, when Cheney came to the S Corp comment I wondered...wouldn't I do the same thing and use every LEGAL way to reduce my taxes? Doesn't Cheney? Don't all of US?
Cheney did come off better in the debate than the "excitable" Edwards.

572Daytona
10-06-2004, 07:42 AM
I think the point that Cheney was trying to make on the taxes is that while it sounds like good rhetoric that you will just raise taxes on the "millionaires", it is basically a no win proposition since there are so many loopholes that the really wealthy use and will continue to use. So the tax burden will still be borne by the upper middle class and not the ultra rich. All I know is that if Kerry gets elected either my wife or I are going to have to quit our jobs because I'm already paying way more than my fair share of taxes.
I have always thought Cheney has a better grasp on the facts behind the issues than any of the other candidates, unfortunately as we know, facts aren't allowed to get in the way of liberal rhetoric. Even immediately after the debate I heard liberal commentators re-emphasizing the same points that Edwards got beat down on, i.e. we've had 90% of the casualties in Iraq, paid 90% of the costs, that there were no ties between Saddam and Al Queda, etc

Steve 1
10-06-2004, 08:01 AM
The last I read the upper 50% pay 96% of the taxes..

nodigg
10-06-2004, 08:05 AM
The last I read the upper 50% pay 96% of the taxes..
Yeah, the demos get hung up on percentages of income and fail to recognize the math. Higher income with lower tax rates still means more tax dollars paid in.

kahanamoko
10-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I especially liked the SLAM of Cheney reminding Edwards, who constantly rants about businesses not paying their fair share, of using S-Corp "loop" holes to avoid paying $600,000.00 in personal taxes!
The FACT is that if Edwards had violated the tax code he would have been under IRS investigation at the behest of Bush/Cheney in a heartbeat (no pun against Cheney intended). The FACT is that nobody in this country is obligated to pay any more in taxes than whatever he is capable of paying through the LEGAL use of the tax code, to include every provision regarding S Corporations. At least Edwards was honest enough to admit that many of these provisions of the tax code should be changed to eliminate the currently legal avoidance of taxes. Where the real bitch slap came was when Edwards pointed out how much Cheney and his cronies avoided in taxes by moving companies off-shore. Everyone knows how slimy this tax avoidance practice available only to the rich truly is. Cheney did not respond to that bitch slap. Somewhere in the myriad of responses to this email, I am hopeful that at least one of you responds to that comment. Why did Cheney think he could insult Edwards for the LEGAL use of the tax code while he himself in a much more slimy manner moved companies off shore to avoid paying any taxes?

nodigg
10-06-2004, 02:03 PM
The FACT is that if Edwards had violated the tax code he would have been under IRS investigation at the behest of Bush/Cheney in a heartbeat (no pun against Cheney intended). The FACT is that nobody in this country is obligated to pay any more in taxes than whatever he is capable of paying through the LEGAL use of the tax code, to include every provision regarding S Corporations. At least Edwards was honest enough to admit that many of these provisions of the tax code should be changed to eliminate the currently legal avoidance of taxes. Where the real bitch slap came was when Edwards pointed out how much Cheney and his cronies avoided in taxes by moving companies off-shore. Everyone knows how slimy this tax avoidance practice available only to the rich truly is. Cheney did not respond to that bitch slap. Somewhere in the myriad of responses to this email, I am hopeful that at least one of you responds to that comment. Why did Cheney think he could insult Edwards for the LEGAL use of the tax code while he himself in a much more slimy manner moved companies off shore to avoid paying any taxes?
Nobody said a tax code was violated, only that Edwards is a flip flopper like his boss.
The difference is, Edwards hastily formed an S-Corp AFTER he learned he could avoid the $600,000.00 in taxes that would be due from him as a result of income resulting from grabbing un-earned money from companies that he sued by trumping up get rich quick lawsuit plans for lazy 'ner-do-wells and loafers. If you set up a company in advance, promote american free enterprise, work hard within the system to establish, maintain and build a business and espouse the phylosophy that entails, more power to you.
When all one does in life is degrade, be-little and attempt to hamstring businesses with lawsuits under the guise of protecting the innocent, wronged or unjured and then keep half the awards to get filty rich on, then form an S-corp to further your personal wealth instead of donating a large portion to charities and welfare types.......well I just don't understand what he has to gripe about when it comes to big business. HE IS BIG BUSINESS!
I think we should limit the amount earned by these sleaze bag attorneys and ALL costs for the American people would come down. Most of what we pay for is heavily increased simply to defend against friggin money hungry attorneys trying to get rich off other peoples hard work! GET A REAL JOB!! EARN YOUR OWN! Yes, they attack me all the time! They see someone making headway and they want an un-earned piece of the action. Lazy Ass punks!
If he is against moving business offshore, (I'm not sure if you mean physically offshore or just incorporated off shore, IE: foreign corporation), why does he support buying drugs from other countrys and thereby hurting those earning good wages employed by american drug manufacturers? (I am for buying less expensive drugs in Canada BTW).
I'm not ALL in aggreement with Bush/Cheney but for the most part they are the intellegent, safer choice. I believe in working for what you receive, helping those that CANNOT help themselves, and throwing those that REFUSE to help themselves out in the street where they belong, I am not for those in government that expect some one else to earn it so they can give you some too for goofing off!
The fact that Kerry said "wrong war, wrong time, wrong reason", is going to kill more people than any other thing going on right now. What a great way to suport the insurgents and terroists and bolster their resolve! What a morron. Who wants ANYONE to die over there? Not me. But if we are there, you better keep you friggin' treasonist comments to yourself and help to get this thing over with all the quicker.
Make up your friggin' mind Kerry. Vote to support the effort then bad mouth it when it suits your election agenda...blah, blah,blah In war time such as this his comments should be considered treason and he should be tried before being convicted to a gag order sentence. Any body know a good attorney that likes Kerry :D
TBC I'm sure :coffeycup

kahanamoko
10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
The difference is, Edwards hastily formed an S-Corp AFTER he learned he could avoid the $600,000.00 in taxes that would be due from him as a result of income resulting from grabbing un-earned money from companies that he sued by trumping up get rich quick lawsuit plans for lazy 'ner-do-wells and loafers. If you set up a company in advance, promote american free enterprise, work hard within the system to establish, maintain and build a business and espouse the phylosophy that entails, more power to you.
And again, if were illegal he would be in prison like many others.
GET A REAL JOB!! EARN YOUR OWN! Yes, they attack me all the time! They see someone making headway and they want an un-earned piece of the action. Lazy Ass punks!
It is a REAL JOB. I work as an attorney and put in 12-14 hour work days on a regular basis. Weekends as well. Plus my once a month military thing (which has become more than that lately). Lazy? Give me a break! Sounds like someone is a bit hurt by being sued. Go pay someone to give you a hug and get over it whiner!
The fact that Kerry said "wrong war, wrong time, wrong reason", is going to kill more people than any other thing going on right now. What a great way to suport the insurgents and terroists and bolster their resolve! What a morron. Who wants ANYONE to die over there? Not me. But if we are there, you better keep you friggin' treasonist comments to yourself and help to get this thing over with all the quicker.
Perhaps he meant the war on Iraq and not the war on terrorism or Afghanistan. Pay attention!

nodigg
10-06-2004, 02:38 PM
And again, if were illegal he would be in prison like many others.
Like I said, no one said it was illegal, don't read too well do you?
It is a REAL JOB. I work as an attorney and put in 12-14 hour work days on a regular basis. Weekends as well. :cry:
Talk about whinning. I was lucky to get 2 - 4 hours sleep a night when starting out. I did take half of Sunday off however.
Plus my once a month military thing (which has become more than that lately).
Are you and your family gonna cry if you have to go do what you signed up for like all the other welfare mothers do?
Lazy? Give me a break! Sounds like someone is a bit hurt by being sued. Go pay someone to give you a hug and get over it whiner!
If you chase ambulances like Edwards then the shoe fits. If you help people with their problems then kudos to you for the effort. BTW, I have managed to beat down all the attorneys who have come after me. All were trumped up ambulance chaser crap too. But they saw a chance to grab someone else's earnings and wasted my valuable time getting beat! :hammer2:
Perhaps he meant the war on Iraq and not the war on terrorism or Afghanistan. Pay attention!
I'm sorry, I don't understand the meaning of this last comment? Are you saying it is alright to cause more deaths by condeming the U.S. actions if it involves Iraq? Kerry saw the same data as Bush and was ready to jump in. Why beat up Bush over it now. So it was bad intelligence concerning the Nukes. Would it have been wrong to free the oppressed from Nazi Germany sooner that we did? Was the killing Saddam and his boys did okay as long as it was not on American soil?

nodigg
10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
So, now that we know we disagree on all things political, let's go surfing! :cool:

Essex502
10-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Nobody said a tax code was violated, only that Edwards is a flip flopper like his boss.
When all one does in life is degrade, be-little and attempt to hamstring businesses with lawsuits under the guise of protecting the innocent, wronged or unjured and then keep half the awards to get filty rich on, then form an S-corp to further your personal wealth instead of donating a large portion to charities and welfare types.......well I just don't understand what he has to gripe about when it comes to big business. HE IS BIG BUSINESS!
I think we should limit the amount earned by these sleaze bag attorneys and ALL costs for the American people would come down. Most of what we pay for is heavily increased simply to defend against friggin money hungry attorneys trying to get rich off other peoples hard work! GET A REAL JOB!! EARN YOUR OWN! Yes, they attack me all the time! They see someone making headway and they want an un-earned piece of the action. Lazy Ass punks!
If he is against moving business offshore, (I'm not sure if you mean physically offshore or just incorporated off shore, IE: foreign corporation), why does he support buying drugs from other countrys and thereby hurting those earning good wages employed by american drug manufacturers? (I am for buying less expensive drugs in Canada BTW).
I'm not ALL in aggreement with Bush/Cheney but for the most part they are the intellegent, safer choice. I believe in working for what you receive, helping those that CANNOT help themselves, and throwing those that REFUSE to help themselves out in the street where they belong, I am not for those in government that expect some one else to earn it so they can give you some too for goofing off!
Make up your friggin' mind Kerry. Vote to support the effort then bad mouth it when it suits your election agenda...blah, blah,blah In war time such as this his comments should be considered treason and he should be tried before being convicted to a gag order sentence. Any body know a good attorney that likes Kerry :D
TBC I'm sure :coffeycup
Just out of couriosity...have you ever gone to your tax preparer and have them tell you that if you did such and such you'd lower your taxes by X number of dollars? I have and will do it again.
I agree that the super rich pay less than the rest of us as a percentage of their income or assets whichever way you want to measure it. I wish I had such problems. :D

10-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Just out of couriosity...have you ever gone to your tax preparer and have them tell you that if you did such and such you'd lower your taxes by X number of dollars? I have and will do it again.
I agree that the super rich pay less than the rest of us as a percentage of their income or assets whichever way you want to measure it. I wish I had such problems. :D
The point was missed. Edwards is not being critized for forming/filing a 'S' corp. to avoid a big tax liablity, he is being critized for avoiding taxes when he avocated higher taxes from all citizens to finance government just as all liberals and Democrats do. THAT MAKES HIM A HYPOCRITE. :hammerhea

nodigg
10-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah, you bet I have. Of course that is all well and good anyone. I just don't like the way Edwards/Kerry puts down business people when we provide the jobs he is raving about creating and for making good use of tax advantages and then races out to be just like them..... and then condems us again the next day!
The government/tax laws are set up for all of us to benefit if we simply take the risk and put in the effort. (That is if we CHOOSE that way of life). I wish I could be happy working at the Potal Service still but it just wasn't for me.
I ALMOST went POSTAL!) :devil:
I think sometimes the general working public tends to forget how many taxes a business pays over the course of a single day. Even if not "Income Taxes" we pay and pay and pay! :cry: :rollside:

nodigg
10-06-2004, 03:33 PM
The point was missed. Edwards is not being critized for forming/filing a 'S' corp. to avoid a big tax liablity, he is being critized for avoiding taxes when he avocated higher taxes from all citizens to finance government just as all liberals and Democrats do. THAT MAKES HIM A HYPOCRITE. :hammerhea
HYPOCRITE! Now why couldn't I come up with that word when I needed it! LOL! Too much river time maybe!

kahanamoko
10-07-2004, 07:17 AM
The government/tax laws are set up for all of us to benefit if we simply take the risk and put in the effort. (That is if we CHOOSE that way of life). I wish I could be happy working at the Potal Service still but it just wasn't for me.
I ALMOST went POSTAL!)
Now whose whining?
If you feel so strongly about paying taxes, why don't you just tell your tax preparer which tax code provisions that could potentially save you money don't sit right with you and just pay more? At least then you would not be such a hypocrite yourself.

nodigg
10-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Now whose whining?
If you feel so strongly about paying taxes, why don't you just tell your tax preparer which tax code provisions that could potentially save you money don't sit right with you and just pay more? At least then you would not be such a hypocrite yourself.
WTF are you talking about? I don't think you can comprehend what you read!
At first it was fun dicing with you but you lack the inteligence to keep my interest any further.

Steve 1
10-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Now whose whining?
Spoken like a Real 4 percent Liberal/Marxist

10-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Now whose whining?
If you feel so strongly about paying taxes, why don't you just tell your tax preparer which tax code provisions that could potentially save you money don't sit right with you and just pay more? At least then you would not be such a hypocrite yourself.Spoken like a true liberal....makes no sense at all.....LMAO :p :p :p

kahanamoko
10-07-2004, 10:56 AM
WTF are you talking about? I don't think you can comprehend what you read!
At first it was fun dicing with you but you lack the inteligence to keep my interest any further.
It's never been fun messing with you. Just humorous.

Steve 1
10-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Kooko can't help it his parents were siblings?

kahanamoko
10-07-2004, 11:21 AM
"Cheney keeps a low profile"? Cheney is best not seen in profile. In fact, not seen or heard from again would be the best.

Steve 1
10-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Same with that pair of Rats Hanoi John and John boy.