PDA

View Full Version : Edwards......

Mandelon
10-26-2004, 08:43 AM
How the vaccine works:
Influenza vaccine is produced by growing the virus in eggs. The virus is killed and processed to create the vaccine, which is given by injection under the skin. The body then produces antibodies to the virus over the next two to four weeks. If the immunized person then comes into contact with the influenza virus, the antibodies attack and kill the virus before it has a chance to cause infection. The vaccine contains the 3 most likely strains to be active during the "flu season"
Why the shortage:
Almost half of the nation's flu vaccine will not be delivered this year. Chiron, a major manufacturer of flu vaccine, will not be distributing any influenza vaccine this flu season. Chiron was to make 46-48 million doses of vaccine for the United States. Chiron is a British company. Recently British health officials stopped Chiron from distributing and making the vaccine when inspectors found unsanitary conditions in the labs. Some lots of the vaccine were recalled and destroyed.
Why is our vaccine made in the UK and not the US?
The major pharmaceutical companies in the US provided almost 90% of the nations flu vaccine at one time. They did this despite a very low profit margin for the product. Basically, they were doing us a favor. In the late 80's a man from North Carolina who had received the vaccine got the flu. The strain he caught was one of the strains in that years vaccine made by a US company. What did he do? He sued and he won. He was awarded almost $5 million! After that case was appealed and lost, most US pharmaceutical companies stopped making the vaccine. The liability out weighed the profit margin. Since UK and Canadian laws prohibit such frivolous law suits UK and Canadian companies began selling the vaccine in the US.
By the way...the lawyer that represented the man in the flu shot law suit was a young ambulance chaser by the name of John Edwards.
Came by email, so it could be bullsh*t.......not verified.

bordsmnj
10-26-2004, 02:37 PM
if it wasn't him it coulda been any faggot trial lawyer just like him. the trail lawyers have pretty much trashed alot of good things and especially in california.

Jeanyus
10-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Wait a minute, I have been paying attention to the campaign adds, and according to them Bush is responsible for no flu shots, Right?
:confused: :( :messedup: :frown: :squiggle:

Rexone
10-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Wait a minute, I have been paying attention to the campaign adds, and according to them Bush is responsible for no flu shots, Right?
:confused: :( :messedup: :frown: :squiggle:
That's right. Everything is Bush's fault. Don't forget it.
I just had a hard drive crash on one of my PC's. I promptly sent a complaint off to the white house as I know of no government program that will replace my drive at no charge. It just ain't right that I should have to pay for it. After all I purchased the PC during Bush's term, I'm sure he should be responsible for this failure.
Rex(thetrueliberal)one
:D

572Daytona
10-26-2004, 05:17 PM
That's right. Everything is Bush's fault. Don't forget it.
I just had a hard drive crash on one of my PC's. I promptly sent a complaint off to the white house as I know of no government program that will replace my drive at no charge. It just ain't right that I should have to pay for it. After all I purchased the PC during Bush's term, I'm sure he should be responsible for this failure.
Rex(thetrueliberal)one
:D
Sorry to hear the Rexone, and I'm sure the catalog was 99% complete on on that drive when it crashed, right? :wink:

Rexone
10-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear the Rexone, and I'm sure the catalog was 99% complete on on that drive when it crashed, right? :wink:
how the f did you know that... :D

Blown 472
10-26-2004, 05:44 PM
how the f did you know that... :D
Sheesh, if I had a catolog I could look up the exhaust hose I need, now I have to chase you around. :hammerhea

Kachina26
10-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Snopes said it's bunk! Good story, you have my permission to spread it. Anyone who would change their vote based on an email shouldn't be voting :rolleyes:

spectratoad
10-27-2004, 06:48 AM
But I can't read the e-mail......No habla english :messedup:

OGShocker
10-27-2004, 07:10 AM
I wish this story were true HOWEVER... (http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/flushot.asp) :supp:
I am sorry to break this to y'all. John Edwards is a forkin jac off...IMHO

Mandelon
10-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Figgered as much. OH well, I still don't like him. :mad:

Steve 1
10-27-2004, 05:47 PM
The False rumor could be a Rat cover Story as well ;where they (Rats)are concerned always guilty is the norm.

572Daytona
10-27-2004, 06:25 PM
The snopes reasoning wasn't all that convincing, just their opinion. Litigation has been an issue for vaccine makers in the past and one of the reasons that it isn't all that profitable to make the doses. In addition they said they didn't know for sure whether Edwards ever has litigated such a case.

Forkin' Crazy
10-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Regarding the claim that John Edwards secured a $5 million judgment against a U.S. pharmacutical company on a flu vaccine case, while it is true he had a highly successful legal career representing individuals who had been badly harmed by malfunctioning products or the mistakes of doctors and hospitals, with some even saying he won $175 million for his clients over 12 years, at this point it's not known if he ever litigated a flu vaccine case, or if so, what the outcome of such a trial was.
Last updated: 22 October 2004
That's enough for me... damn ambulance chaser!!!