PDA

View Full Version : I voted!

Seadog
11-02-2004, 06:24 AM
I have never seen it so crowded at my polling place! Normally, I am the only one there and then only 3rd or 4th to vote. Today there were 30+ there.
Post here that you voted and any observations about where you vote.

Back Forty
11-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Just got to work.
Voted...
Ops normal in small town SW Ohio.
Except for some old lady who was breathing at the top of her lungs like she was going to have a heart attack. This is while I'm doing the voting bit. Then I here here out loud telling somebody how to vote... :confused:
I turn around and I guess it's her husband... This old battle axe is giving him the riot act. "STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC" she say's. Now thats their business but how fu*king annoying... The old lady was most disturbing...
Now, as far as the process... I "think" it went alright. I checked for the chad afterwards and made sure the proper hole per number was punched and I guess thats all I can do now.
I had it easy. I've already been hearing about problems up in the Cleveland area. People showing up and finding out that somebody already voted for them... :mad:
Driving in to work I noticed lots of election sign vadalisim that is fresh from last night... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Jeanyus
11-02-2004, 06:59 AM
I voted, by absentee ballot. They closed our polling place this year, for some reason. Since I'm from Californicated, it feels like my vote for president, gets flushed down the drain. It seems no matter how bad the Democratic candidate is, California always goes Democrat. I think the Dems have bought all the minority votes, with programs like Afirmative Action (which is a discriminatory law, that targets white males) welfare, teaching classes in foriegn languages, and free everthing, for illeagels. Well I'm hoping things turn out good today, and if they don't that, means I'll have to spend the next 4 years, with the tv remote in my hand, so I can mute out Kerrys snob voice, while he talks down to me.(Is it just me, or does he sound like Mr Howell, from Gilligans Island). Any way get out and vote.

Cas
11-02-2004, 09:01 AM
it's done, I voted. There was only 1 other person there voting but a couple of others were in the parking lot as I was leaving.
I have the same feeling as Jeanyus, it's very apparent I'm in a very big minority in my area as far as my party affilliation and beliefs.
I'll be real curious to see the map of CA on how the different areas voted. 4 years ago, most of the precincts voted Repub but the problem was those were the areas of much smaller population. Maybe I'll pack up and move to one of those areas........

cdog
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
I voted, by absentee ballot. They closed our polling place this year, for some reason. Since I'm from Californicated, it feels like my vote for president, gets flushed down the drain. It seems no matter how bad the Democratic candidate is, California always goes Democrat. I think the Dems have bought all the minority votes, with programs like Afirmative Action (which is a discriminatory law, that targets white males) welfare, teaching classes in foriegn languages, and free everthing, for illeagels. Well I'm hoping things turn out good today, and if they don't that, means I'll have to spend the next 4 years, with the tv remote in my hand, so I can mute out Kerrys snob voice, while he talks down to me.(Is it just me, or does he sound like Mr Howell, from Gilligans Island). Any way get out and vote. If you are a Democrat, and you have been contemplating suicide (can't say as I blame you) today would be a good day to do it.
I agree. We live in OC and did the absentee ballot. We voted two weeks ago. I saw a map yesterday on the news about the red/blue states and 3/4 of the US is voting republican. But the 9 or so heavyly populated states with the greater number of poor and minorties have the power in the greater number of electoral votes. I feel kind of disinfranshized that my Republican vote really means nothing here in cali. I see myself in AZ in the future due to the communist over tones that cali is heading down. I think people don't realize that the more minorties we allow to hop the border means the death to the Republican party. Cali has proven that. I respect both Dems and Republicans alike. I know we really need both to make our country better. Were we are going wrong is alowing lawyers/liers ot run for offices. They get paid to find loop holes in law's and to F people and buisness out of money. When that happens we all lose.

Cas
11-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Were we are going wrong is alowing lawyers/liers ot run for offices. They get paid to find loop holes in law's and to F people and buisness out of money. When that happens we all lose.
see the Kerry/Edwards ticket...........

cdog
11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
see the Kerry/Edwards ticket...........
Exactly what I was refering to.

Boy Named Sue
11-02-2004, 05:36 PM
:confused: Just got home from voting. Small town in No. Cal. It seemed like everyone there (including myself) was having to fill out provisional ballots because we were listed as "absentee voter". None of us had voted absentee and the election people were saying it was very unusual and were sending out for more provisional ballots. I've never voted absentee, some wacky mix-up or foul play? I don't know.

Cas
11-02-2004, 07:26 PM
all kinds of weird stuff happening, according to the news mostly for the Repubs. Lawyers just might have a hayday with this one....

Mrs CP 19
11-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Well I'm hoping things turn out good today, and if they don't that, means I'll have to spend the next 4 years, with the tv remote in my hand, so I can mute out Kerrys snob voice, while he talks down to me.(Is it just me, or does he sound like Mr Howell, from Gilligans Island). Any way get out and vote.
His voice sounds sooo fake to me...if you listen to his traitor testimony in front of Congress years ago, his voice was a few octaves higher. By the way, I think they want to rename our state Mexifornia...lets hope they'll print DMV stuff, election stuff, etc in english too for us minorities! Hey, maybe we can start getting everything free too...Jill