PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my subs put in!

Some Kind Of Monster
11-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Props to those that do this all the time (or am I the only nut that would attempt this?). Laying on your back in tight spaces while cutting holes, assembling, and wiring is a pain in the ass! Literally! What's more, I decided that while I was in there I would repair the bow eye hook of my boat. It must have been pretty funny to see a 6'3 guy inching to the front of the inside of the boat. It was so tight, I could not go another inch to do the repair. :squiggle:
Excuse the mess. I am going to pay the neighbor kid to get in there and vacuum it all up..
And no... The wiring isn't quite done yet either :( Most of what you see there is for my bow lights.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1683CIMG0623.JPG

riverbound
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
now you know why labor rates are what they are. :wink:
looks good

Some Kind Of Monster
11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
looks good
No kidding.. I still have to fix the big hole I made and recarpet too!

mbrown2
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
looks good
That's funny, but damn true....good job Some Kind.. :)

ROZ
11-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Good to se you tackle it yourself SKOM... I'm 6'2" ,so I know what you mean about them tight spaces...
Keep us updated and feel free to post any questions you may have. There's quite a few of us here who can answer ya.

Some Kind Of Monster
11-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Good to se you tackle it yourself SKOM... I'm 6'2" ,so I know what you mean about them tight spaces...
Keep us updated and feel free to post any questions you may have. There's quite a few of us here who can answer ya.
Cool,
I have a sony X-Plod Amp and a new JVC deck going in hopefully tonight. I am concerned about the deck since it isn't waterproof. Should I put a splash guard on there? Where can I get one?

Sweet Addiction
11-10-2004, 02:53 PM
If you just want a cheap plastic one to put on there you can pick one up through Overtons.com or I guess any boating supply. I have been watching your post, and progess on your boat. Its looking good. When you get it done, you will enjoy it that much more because you built it yourselft. Props to you.

CEO
11-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Props to those that do this all the time (or am I the only nut that would attempt this?). Laying on your back in tight spaces while cutting holes, assembling, and wiring is a pain in the ass! Literally! What's more, I decided that while I was in there I would repair the bow eye hook of my boat. It must have been pretty funny to see a 6'3 guy inching to the front of the inside of the boat. It was so tight, I could not go another inch to do the repair. :squiggle:
Excuse the mess. I am going to pay the neighbor kid to get in there and vacuum it all up..
And no... The wiring isn't quite done yet either :( Most of what you see there is for my bow lights.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1683CIMG0623.JPG
At least you have a sub, mine is being held hostage by one of
our own ***boaters....... :argue: Who is that? Red Chicklets will
be coming if I don't it back soon