PDA

View Full Version : Seat frames (Upholstery)

Wetracer
04-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know where to get info on building different kinds of seat frames?? I need to build some for my upholsterer to do my boat. I searched this section and could not find anything. Mike

hbpdub
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
instead of the cleats I used fiberglass matting on all the corners and now the seats are bomb proof.

marty722
05-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Do you have to use marine wood or can you use reg plywood and do some treatments on it? I'm going to add to my seating also but can't find marine wood anywhere local. Thanks

sleekcraft78
05-25-2006, 09:57 AM
I just did the interior in my boat, I didn't use marine plywood. For my new dog house i used birch hardwood. It was really nice to work with and very clean. I resined over all my wood. To make it strong I spread a polyester blanket over the inside and resined it. Sweet shit to work with. front seats I went cheap and puschased tem already done and put them on swivaling pedistals. The seats were cheaper than getting the old ones reupolstered but the swivels wernt cheap. I figured instead of everyone sitting sideways in the seats to talk to everyone they can turn it. Hopfully be easier on things.

jimslade
05-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Cheap wood works fine. I layer of cloth and drill ventilation holes in the bottom and it should outlive most of us. Make sure all wood even holes get resin.