PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro? It's Awsum!!

Flying Tiger
05-19-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Pix_of_Ross-med.jpg
Came standard on the boat.
http://www.perfectpass.com/images/2005images/proseries_1black.jpg
Perfect Pass is Made in Canada, and it is Da Finest Kine.
Slalom control, Wake / Wakejumping control (holds the speed precisely) ski,,
Works teriffic.
Has room to program 8 different Wakeboarders speeds.
I'll be back with more on it with pix.
It's perfect like the name says.

Cole Sanger
05-19-2006, 05:59 PM
I have heard of it, but it is too expensive for me. I can train some of my friends for a whole lot less. Pretty cool though. I would use the crap out of it if my boat came with it.

lakewake
05-20-2006, 08:11 AM
When I was shopping for my last boat I ran across the Perfect Pass system a few times. Cruise Control for a boat.Very cool. Usually being the driver while pulling a boarder, I thought it would be nice not to have to monitor the dashboard and keep an eye on the water and boarder more . I settled on a Tige but it didn't have it. If I recall correctly it was more than 2 grand to install it aftermarket. Is this correct?

Flying Tiger
05-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Installed it's about $2 k.
The kids used to bitch when I'd let the speed lag or get too fast, which was all the time.
Amazing how this unit keeps it right on the money.
Along the river in Parker, the current speed varies with the width and depth of the river enough for a wakeboarder to really be effected, and when you turn of course, you have to adjust the speed.
Perfect Pass does all the thinking.
When the heavier kids jump the wake, the boat maintains correct speed rather that surge faster, then when they land,, the boat picks up power instantly.
I have 2 supercharged engines, , the unit controls just one engine, and power is slacked off slightly on the other.
What amazes me is how precise it is.
Has it's own pick up unit for the speed / RPM's ect.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Parker_June_04_036-med.jpg

Cheyenne19
05-20-2006, 05:10 PM
It makes towing a lot easier. You can actually watch the rider instead of the speedo.

inspectorscott
05-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone know of a discount place to buy the Perfect Pass units? The local shop has told me that the wb pro model is about 1300 installed. Not a bad price but, not discounted from the list price (as I understand, the list includes the installation cost) I would rather just buy the unit and install it myself, especially if I could save several hundred bucks.
Thanks,
Scott

Flying Tiger
05-31-2006, 07:04 AM
The pick up unit on mine required a special opening in the hull, that luckily, in my case, was already moulded in the hull from the factory.
$1300 bones is a good price.
Online is probably the best way to shop for it.

blown65
06-07-2006, 07:49 PM
We have one on ours and love it. Actually I love it since the wife isnt so good at keeping the boat at a good speed. hehe
Usually goes like this, get up, accellerate to about 30mph before it takes over cause she still has it gunned. PP starts to slow it down to 20 or so. Meantime im hangin on like a flat rock skippin along. lol

HM
06-08-2006, 06:35 AM
As a skier and a wake boarder, you get very spoiled very fast, and even the best drivers will be a dissappointment after using perfect pass. You can dial in the reaction sensitivity on some of them, which is really cool. I know for the salom skiers, it can even be programmed to come into the gates really hot (fast) and still keep within legal speeds once the skier enters the gates.
The nice thing is that it makes anyone that gets behind the wheel perfect - as far as speed goes. Some people could use a navigation system since they don't seem to know how to make a boat go straight.
They are worth every penny if you board or ski on regular basis. but, be careful, once you get it, no one, and I mean no one will ever be able to drive good enough for you again.