PDA

View Full Version : Wake surfer?

Benjhamina
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
I saw what looked like a miniture surfboard with two skags and no bindings on a wakeboard boat in Havasu a couple weeks ago and the dude said it was a wake surfer and easy to ride. I don't wakeboard anymore cause I have a knee that gets twisted up easy but without the bindings I think I would be ok. Does anyone know anything about these? Where to get them, how much, easy hard to ride?

Flying Tiger
05-19-2006, 02:00 PM
We see it from time to time.
Slow moving,, but looks like fun.

Cole Sanger
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
It was either a wakeskate, or a wake surfboard. Wake skating is like wake boarding, only without the bindings. Realatively cheap. I am going to try it out in a couple of weeks. Wake surfing seems a little crazier to me. You are right behind the boat in it's wake riding it like a wave in the ocean. I have heard that it is easy to fall and hit the back of the boat, or worse the drive/prop. I have tried neither, so I can't give much help. Check out http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/how_to_guides

Cheyenne19
05-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Don't do it on an i/o you could hit the prop, but anything else is fine. It's a lot of fun, pretty mellow ride compared to the board. Most wakeboard companies make one, mine is a hyperlite. You would have to try pretty hard to hit the back of the boat. As an owner i'd be on your a$$ about being that close to my boat before you had a chance to fall.

NautiTwins
05-22-2006, 08:09 AM
I saw what looked like a miniture surfboard with two skags and no bindings on a wakeboard boat in Havasu a couple weeks ago and the dude said it was a wake surfer and easy to ride. I don't wakeboard anymore cause I have a knee that gets twisted up easy but without the bindings I think I would be ok. Does anyone know anything about these? Where to get them, how much, easy hard to ride?
If it had skags. it is most likely a wake surfer. Like mentioned earlier, it is done really close to the boat.
I wake skate usually does not have any fins, at least the ones I have ridden. It is done behind the boat like wake boarding. Really really easy to get up on.