PDA

View Full Version : Smelly Carpet

ultrapaul
06-08-2006, 09:48 AM
First post here...I have a walk thru Ultra 23xs. I store my ice chest in the walk thru area. With people pulling drinks and what not out of there water builds up and at the end of the season no matter how much i dry it out it still ends ups smelling like a bad party down there. Are there any suggestions on what i can use to get rid of the smell???

ThongMagnet
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
First post here...I have a walk thru Ultra 23xs. I store my ice chest in the walk thru area. With people pulling drinks and what not out of there water builds up and at the end of the season no matter how much i dry it out it still ends ups smelling like a bad party down there. Are there any suggestions on what i can use to get rid of the smell???
You can always replace the carpet.
1) My best guess is you might have a rodent that past away in your boat. Pull the seats out and inspect.
2) If boat is stored outside, it could be mold from the rain.
Do you wipe the boat down after eash use?

Mandelon
06-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Odors like that come from organic materials rotting. Beer, margarita mix, and the like leave a stink, you need something that will kill the the little fungi and bacteria that are eating your leftovers. Antibacterial, antifungal cleaner shouild do pretty well.
The secret is to get that area as dry as you can quickly. So it doesn't start getting funky in the first place. River water has organisms in it as well.
Maybe some simple green? Or try folex....

jbone
06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Use a shop vac to get most of the moisture out, then use one of the antifungal sprays in the area and let dry. Preferably with a fan to dry quickly.
Or, don't store the cooler in the walk through area. Take it out, or move it to a place with good ventilation.
J

Terminal Velocity
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Massengill? Sorry couldn't resist. All the other offers of help are good ones. Take care.

HotDogz
06-15-2006, 03:47 PM
An ammonia and water solution sprayed on carpet, brushed in with nylon bristle brush then vacuum with shop vac. Spray on water only, then vacuum again. Should remove smell.