PDA

View Full Version : o no what size carb

76 sanger hydro
02-02-2002, 08:49 AM
i currently have a 76 sanger ski hydro . i built a 396 30 over good heads and solid cam . i have a early tunnel ram and now need carbs . i used holleys calculater on cfm and got 698 . so i figured 2 700cfm double pumps. problem i have is i see the predator carb takes up to 930 cfm . are those good ? easy to maintain and dial in ? or should i stick with the old holley and do you think a 700cfm is ok or should i use a 750? i see people put then sideways my dad always ran them inline. any difference or a new fad? please help carbs are alot of money to make a mistake thanks all

VD CRUISER
02-02-2002, 09:17 AM
76 Sanger hydro,
Been running a blower for quite a while, but when we used a tunnel ram we got really good results with 2 750 holleys, list # 6109. They were made for tunnel ram use and would mount inline, making the linkage really simple. These things worked great right out of the box. May need to decrease jet sizes a little, but thats all.

Thunderbutt
02-02-2002, 12:46 PM
76 sanger, You can't go wrong with Holleys. I have two 750's on a weiand tunnel ram. they work good, mine are on sideways. Put them inline if you can, as my even side pistons run fatter then the odd side at low rpm. At high rpm they are fine I'm not sure that's the reason. I would change them except I have this trick fuel log that is built with the linkage.

76 sanger hydro
02-02-2002, 08:35 PM
thanks for the info i see the 6109 will work i also see summit has a 750 mech secondary cant i have the choke removed whats the difference

Kurtis500
02-02-2002, 10:22 PM
A set of 660 center squirters work very well. If you can find a good pair, they were made specifically for the tunnel ram. List 4224 I think..?..The larger bowls on some of the larger holleys will not fit inline on the older tunnel rams. Run them inline if you can, but you may not get a choice depending on the carb bowls. Mounting sideways keeps you from popping a carb loose to change the jets. Unless you plan on doing that a lot just go inline, the linkage is so much cheaper! Also, I've removed the choke off any holley going in a boat when given the chance. I left one in on my first flats carburator and it gave me problems before I removed it.

Costello
02-03-2002, 01:30 PM
I have a couple of 4224 List Holley 660 Center Squirters that are ugly but rebuildable. If someone needs them (76 Sanger?), I'd sell them pretty cheap. A rebuild kit and some gold irridite paint and they'd be good.

Railton
02-03-2002, 06:44 PM
Hey Mr. 76 Sanger Hydro,
Contact me please
railton1@excite.com