PDA

View Full Version : Pictures not loading fully

burbanite
12-20-2001, 06:29 AM
Over the last month or so I have been experiencing problems with pictures that have been posted not loading fully.
It seems the more pictures in a thread the worse the problem, the first five or six are ok but after that there is less and less of each successive picture - the bottom section is the part that is missing.
This never used to happen, I have always been able to view even the longest threads that contain lots of pictures up until recently.
This occurs at work where I have an ISDN line and a computer with plenty of "grunt", and at home where I am still limited to 56k. Both computers at home have a stack of memory and space, the common factor amongst all three is the Netscape browser.
Any ideas?
I'm missing out on some cool photos, love those old boats - I'll have some for you as soon as I get my scanner situation sorted out!

126driver
12-20-2001, 08:30 AM
Same thing has been happening to my lately also. Running IE 5.5 and lousy 56K.
Scott

superdave013
12-20-2001, 12:24 PM
I just hit the refreash button and all is good.

burbanite
12-20-2001, 12:46 PM
I do the same thing, the page loads up quicker but the images are the same as they were previously.
Does the cache contain the url information or does it contain the images and therefore shows what was there before? Just a thought, I am wondering why it should be doing this all of a sudden.

burbanite
12-23-2001, 08:40 AM
O
[This message has been edited by burbanite (edited December 23, 2001).]

burbanite
12-23-2001, 08:40 AM
OK,
this seemed to help, not want I want to have to do each time but I'll keep working on it, there must be a clue in this somewhere.
Right click on the page, choose "page info".
Screen will be split in two horizontally, top portion has a list of the images on that page in the form of a clickable link, (mostly icon and add. gifs and jpgs)
Scroll down this list until you find the first picture link, (will be a long url and will contain the source e.g. webshots)
Click on this link, picture will appear in the lower portion of the screen, click on the picture, this will bring it up by itself, if it is fully loaded, click back on its link, it will go back to the bottom of the screen.
Move down to the next link until you find one that is incomplete, click on that picture and bring it up.
Now click on a previous link that has loaded fully and then back to the link of the incomplete photo, it should now load up properly.
Continue to do this until all of the links (pictures only) are fully loaded.
Close that page, you will be back on the thread and things should be good now.
This is a hell of a way to go about things but at least I got to see the pictures, I save them to a file to view at my leisure as well.
Does this make any sense? 126driver may get something out of it, it is actually not as complicated as it sounds once you do it once.

burbanite
12-23-2001, 08:41 AM
OK,
this seemed to help, not want I want to have to do each time but I'll keep working on it, there must be a clue in this somewhere.
Right click on the page, choose "page info".
Screen will be split in two horizontally, top portion has a list of the images on that page in the form of a clickable link, (mostly icon and add. gifs and jpgs)
Scroll down this list until you find the first picture link, (will be a long url and will contain the source e.g. webshots)
Click on this link, picture will appear in the lower portion of the screen, click on the picture, this will bring it up by itself, if it is fully loaded, click back on its link, it will go back to the bottom of the screen.
Move down to the next link until you find one that is incomplete, click on that picture and bring it up.
Now click on a previous link that has loaded fully and then back to the link of the incomplete photo, it should now load up properly.
Continue to do this until all of the links (pictures only) are fully loaded.
Close that page, you will be back on the thread and things should be good now.
This is a hell of a way to go about things but at least I got to see the pictures, I save them to a file to view at my leisure as well.
Does this make any sense? 126driver may get something out of it, it is actually not as complicated as it sounds once you do it once.

burbanite
12-23-2001, 08:59 AM
What the hell is all that about?
It posted three times, now won't let me edit?????

126driver
12-24-2001, 11:05 AM
buranite,
That deal only works with netscape, not IE. I found out that at least in my case, the problem was with the amount of disk space allotted to temporary internet files. For IE, on the toolbar, go to Tools>Internet Options>General tab. Halfway down the popout page, go to "Temporary Internet Files" and click on settings. Increase the amount of disk space allowed for temp files. Mine was set at 32MB and I just bumped it up to 680MB. There has to be something similar in netscape. Pics load completely now.
Hope this helps,
Scott

Tinkerboater
12-24-2001, 09:42 PM
Hey your good-much better now. With windows right click on the internet explorer icon under the general tab left click on temporary internet files-settings button then move the slider up to the amount you want. works great now.

burbanite
12-26-2001, 09:19 PM
Yep, tried that. Was at 125mb, went to 700mb - no change. Went up even more and nope, nothing different.
Still working on the scanner to get some old pictures up here - hope I can see them.......

Blowin Mud
12-30-2001, 08:36 PM
I usually go to Walmart and use their computers for all my huge downloads.