PDA

View Full Version : BBC Oil Pan

Fired Up
02-19-2002, 09:07 PM
I'm looking for a v-drive oil pan for my flatbottom. Prefer a 9qt.+ Milodon type with the tray in the pan or I'll have to stud the mains. Anyone have a good used one lying around at a decent price? (mark IV)

HUFFPOWER
02-19-2002, 10:12 PM
give phil bergeron a call , he has a few oil pans.

76 sanger hydro
02-19-2002, 11:14 PM
call mikes marine in dixon cal. they had a few great used ones for cheap i got one

picklefork1
02-20-2002, 06:57 AM
So are you saying that I will need a new oil pan when transplanting my bbc from my jet application over to my V-drive, and if so why, does it have to do with the alignment of the motor or is it just because it's a flattie and doesn't have enough room for the bigger pans. Or are you talking about something different.
I'm new with V-drives can you tell.

schiada96
02-20-2002, 07:17 AM
Pklfrk the motor is backwards from a jet. It's not for lack of room in a flat/v-drive the oil gets pushed away from the pickup under acceleration.

picklefork1
02-20-2002, 07:18 AM
So they have a special oil pan that keeps the oil up in front? I need one also then.

Fired Up
02-20-2002, 11:15 AM
I've tried calling Mikes Marine, but keep getting a recording. How do I get in touch with Phil Bergeron? Thanks....

boat030
02-20-2002, 11:25 AM
fired up, i might have a pan off my race motor it's a stephs i had a guy looking at it but no cash yet i will call him and let you know what's up. if your going to bakersfield on march 2nd i could bring it if it works out.

126driver
02-20-2002, 01:57 PM
The phone number for Bergeron is (480) 834-1531. They're closed on Mondays I believe.
Scott

Costello
02-20-2002, 04:19 PM
030, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 470 ci program? What are you racing this year?

Jetboatguru
02-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Costello, I will answer for you. The 470 program ran more like a 327 program and was a bonified bust. Manny Mike is now crewing for Dave Lipinski.

boat030
02-20-2002, 05:36 PM
cos, the 470 has become a blown 540 and is going to be installed in a brand new eliminator 26' daytona http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I'm not supposed to say yet what i'm driving this year but i do have a ride and i will be at ming next weekend. are you going? what's going on with the taf deal? are you still helping them out? are they ready for this season? any testing at ming? good talking too you hope to see you next weekend.

boat030
02-20-2002, 05:42 PM
jetboatguru, tell that to the guys in pgf that got spanked by that LITTLE motor at bakersfield last year.

Jetboatguru
02-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Why all the secrecy 030? Are you wooried someone will steal your ride? Come on and spill the beans. The whole world is on Pins and needles waiting to hear the news.
My prediction is a tow vehicle. Possibly a brown Van with a Pro limited flat behind it.

boat030
02-21-2002, 04:46 PM
jetboatguru, it's not my choice to keep it from anyone. and it's really not that big of a deal, it is a little better than a brown van with a pro limited flat behind it of course anything with a pro limited behind it would be pretty bad. i don't know why it's any big deal?

Jetboatguru
02-21-2002, 06:04 PM
Come on Mikey, email me the skinny on the ride and I will email you the skinny on my new ride!!!!!!! I promise to keep it quiet.

Heads up
02-22-2002, 10:45 AM
What PGFs got spanked last year by the little motor?

boat030
02-22-2002, 12:30 PM
heads up i think you caught me in a little bit of an untruth i went back through the schedule last year to see what pgf's were at the race where we ran the 470 in pgf and i saw that was the race we qualified on saturday and then left sat. night to get ready for red bluff the next weekend so although we did qualify number 1 in pgf with the 470 we didn't race on sunday so i think it is only fair that i reccend my earlier statement.

boat030
02-22-2002, 12:34 PM
jetboatguru why don't you e-mail me your info first and then i will decide if i will e-mail you back. Yeah that sounds like a good plan to me.

Heads up
02-22-2002, 02:27 PM
030 it's all cool. You still ran stronger than most pgfs all year long. Good luck with your new ride or rides. Maybe if I see ya at the lake this year you'll give me a ride??? Please say your not driving a hydro?

Costello
02-22-2002, 10:12 PM
030, YES I am still with Jones and Co. on the TAF BUT our driver jumped ship on us. (My turn to razz someone in here now). Yes it's true, he like you, now has a whizzy new top secret deal going on and leaves all of us to fend for ourselves without his driving excellence. I'm not like you guys though, I'll tell you and the rest of the folks what we're doing. The team is going to Ming next weekend without Costello. I made no plans to go and it is very last minute. The owner of the boat Mr. Jones will drive. I hope it runs "0's", but Don is just trying to get down the track for now. Depending on what happens, we may return in April to Ming. I would probably go. If we get going even back where we were last year, we'll go to Phoenix. I don't know if I will go or not. My deal is this. I sold my Harley and threw the money in my company. It is somewhat floundering at the moment, with no real return on my investment at this point. (There are some things in the works though, so it's not all bad) I miss my bike, I'm getting another one. I am ass deep in this 21' V-Drive cruiser project also at the moment, I need to finish it. I spent over $9,000 spectating and crewing at 11 races last year. That would almost replace my bike. On top of all that, my wife is at home more often than not with the baby now and her income dried up quite a bit. My good buddy Jetboatguru offered me a job on their new deal all expenses paid, but I do not have the vacation in the bank to run the whole east coast. Roger took 70 days off work last year to do it all. I couldn't even go 1/4 of that right now. Don is very happy with my lame ass "if I can make it I will" commitment to his operation and I will work with them at Red Bluff, Chowchilla, and The Finals for sure. So in a nutshell that's my plan for this year. I'll see you at a racetrack somewhere soon. Now, what was it you were doing this year???????? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Heads up
02-23-2002, 07:36 AM
Hmmm, sucks costello you guys looked like you had a good thing going. Top secret, yeah right.

Jetboatguru
02-23-2002, 09:07 AM
I am hereby announcing the break of Jetboatguru and Costello. While unfortunate and sad, it was inevitable. I leave him with great memories and wish him luck in all of his endeavors. Please give my regards to Leon.

superdave013
02-23-2002, 10:17 AM
Costello, Don is a pretty big guy. Will he even fit in that boat?
Oh, welcome to the can't justifiy the money and time to go racing club. How's the 21'er comming along. My project is making progress but it looks like I'll run out of funds before it's done again. Oh well, I'm used to it.
So, Fired UP, Did you ever get a pan? I use a 14 Qt. Dooley pan but that stephs that boat030 sounds like a nice one.
[This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited February 23, 2002).]

Fired Up
02-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Sure did ,Thanks. Picked one up from Phil Bergeron. He's sending it out next week with a "return it if your not happy" agreement. It needed some minor repair. He assured me it was not a "bag of marbles".

Costello
02-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Head-Up, it is a little bit of a set back for sure. As for the Jetboatguru, those are hard shoes to fill when it comes to driving a flat. I was over checking out their new operation today and I must say it's first class. I wish him and the whole BIO~HAZARD team a succesful bid at the 2002 championship. Once they get a setup together, they are likely candidates for a championship. SuperDave, Don would not fit in the boat before. He tells me he has modified the seat and moved the steering wheel and he now fits in the capsule. As for my 21'er it was possibly for sale "as is" to a couple of different parties, but neither has stepped up so Monday, without fail, the block and other miscellaneous goodies will be at the machine shop. I would say by the first part of April if I bust nuts on it I should have it on the water. I may sell it when it's finished.

boat030
02-24-2002, 03:55 PM
cos, did you get my e-mail?

boat030
02-24-2002, 07:04 PM
cos, nevermind i just checked my e-mail thanks for the info. hey send me some ca. cryo stickers if you get a chance.