PDA

View Full Version : My Schiada horror story

EricU
03-01-2002, 11:19 PM
O.K. it could have been worse, but I was supposed to have been taking my 21' Schiada down to Fresno today to have Dustin Whipple install one of his chargers and convert it to EFI.
The day starts out with a meeting that I had to attend, which was supposed to last a hour then hook up my boat and head south for about a three hour drive. Well of course the meeting lasts three hours before I finally just excuse myself, it is my company and my clients, but hell this is my boat!
So my buddy is waiting for me and now quite pissed off. We get the boat hooked up and are now ready to go. A quick check of the trailer lights on the Ellis trailer (which I have never had a problem with) and I am hear from my buddy, "nothings working". Shit, this is a three hour drive down hwy 99 and my trailer lights arn't working?
Anyway we figure out the problem is that my Ford dealer put the wrong wire harness on my truck when they replaced my bumper, so now I just rewire the harness and well now it's too late to head to Fresno. So we decide to just take the boat to my house that I bought last year (it had been at a storage place) so we could leave early come Monday. Now this is a place that I bought last year and spent about eight monthes remodeling, so I have never had my boat at my house before.
As I am pulling off the main road down my little access road, like a ****ing idiot talking on the cell phone, I hear this crunch! and I see in my rearview my trailer fender bashed into the neighbors fence! I'vw had boats for twenty years and have never touched anything with a trailer. What a day!
So it wasted my trailer fender, but didn't touch my boat, bashed my cell phone into several pieces and didn't make it to Fresno, so if the weather here in Nor Cal holds up I'm going to Berryessa tomorrow and Fresno on Monday.
Just wanted to vent.
Eric.

Infomaniac
03-02-2002, 09:55 AM
EricU I feel your pain man.

roln 20s
03-02-2002, 03:06 PM
That sucks man, but I have been there too. When you are having one of those days I have learned it it best to sit on the couch and watch TV!

Dans66Stevens
03-02-2002, 05:25 PM
I have those kinda days all the time. A couple weeks ago we went snomobiling. First the chain in my chain case broke. 50 miles from the truck. Then my buddy and I are towing the sled off the ice. The tow rope gets wrapped around the ski. As we start up this little hill he realizes he can't steer,or stop(broken chain=no brakes} He crashes into a tree and does about $800 damage to my sled. So is this the end? Hell NO!! We get home and im dropping off a friend of mine. He says let me watch well you back out in the road. The dope watches as I jack the trailer around and put the trailer through the Fiberglass fender on my new dually........BAD ****ING DAY!!!!!

StealBlueZ
03-16-2002, 02:24 AM
Dammm, you guys, I'm sorry but I can't stop laffin! We've all had those days...... Where's my frigin video camera when this shit happens!

Thunderbutt
03-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Ericu? I see your from Napa. I lived there for 15 years and had a mobil home at Berryessa Marina. I'm sure our wakes crossed at on time. I have a 20' Spectra. We were just up at the lake last week, it looks good, has lots of water. Good luck on geting to fresno.

EricU
03-19-2002, 10:55 PM
Thunderbutt,
I just moved to Napa about a year ago. I grew up in Walnut Creek when it was blue collar workers (not meaning to affend anyone but Walnut Creek now has more Volvos and overpriced homes than I care for).
I've only been on Berryessa a few times as I used to ski the Delta, nothing better than Lost Isle on a hot weekend!
I finally got my boat down to Dustin in Fresno, and I ordered not one but two fenders for my Ellis trailer, so all is well for now.
On my limited time on Berryessa I have seen some pretty fast boats. I did get to dust a couple of new Hallets early in the season last year, but was outdone when the weather got warmer.
Do you still get up to Berryessa during the summer? If you do look for a bunch of us having fun and come on over (my boat is beige and red)
EricU.

03-20-2002, 04:31 PM
EricU, Where at Berryessa do you hang out?

EricU
03-21-2002, 04:55 PM
No place in particular. Sometimes I just go for the day and launch wherever, we try to go for a extended weekend a couple of times during the summer. The beaches kinda suck at Berryessa compared to the Delta (and Berryessa dosen't have Lost Isle!). But is about a half hour from my house.
What about yourself? What boat and where do you run up at Berryessa?
Eric.

03-21-2002, 06:01 PM
Eric, I usually go to Putah Creek, hang out under the bridge. PCR has a hotel, bar and restarant...all the comforts of home. I usually bring my blue Hondo but have been seen in a orange/brown Howard or a white/red Lavey-craft. And I do know about Lost Isle...

Stab-n-Steer
03-22-2002, 07:01 AM
Next time you go to Putah let me know, I'll meet you there. Man, you are my hero! THREE V-drives! Where do you keep 'em?
S&S

69 Elim
03-22-2002, 07:52 AM
Being a Central CA guy, I usually make it up to Berressa a couple of times a year. I've heard o lost isle, but never been. Can you safely take a flatty there, or just bigger boats. At Berryessa I've been to Spanish Flats but next time I'll think maybe Putah Creek.

03-22-2002, 11:10 AM
Stab-n-steer, You got it! A Berryessa trip is in the near future, its getting to that time of the year. I'll give ya a call at the first sign of sunshine, just need your number. 69Elim, I would NOT recommend taking a flat to Lost Isle, esp. a low profile flat. Docking is limited, water can get rough and its usually overrun with big boats, mostly offshore type. The place was so wild at one time the sherriff wanted it shut down completly and almost suceeded. You do NOT want to take the wife and kids to Lost Isle on a weekend...any weekend.

Stab-n-Steer
03-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Bigger boats won't fit in the harbor at Lost Isle. It's crazy on weekends. Lots of T&A.
Do you have a Delta Map? If not I can give directions.
S&S

EricU
03-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Lost Isle is no place for a low profile flat, some of the more well to do locals run some pretty big (and fast) boats through some small channels and can get the water pretty rough. That's one of the reasons that I now have my Schiada instead of the squirt boats that I used to run.
Lost Isle isn't that bad a place, you could bring your wife no problem, but it is like bringing sand to the beach!
Eric.