PDA

View Full Version : Lots of 100mph+ flaties on these vids whos next ???

V-Kid
03-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey Stabber got those videos last week watched em 4 times , thats some nice coverage of those classic V-drive members boats some of them were wicked fast seems like a fun group. very exiting was glued to my TV, got rid of my cabin fever ,I think Hotrodders next,I will email him and get his info.and they,ll be on there way
Kid

Stab-n-Steer
03-05-2002, 08:49 AM
V-kid,
I'm gald you enjoyed them. If you don't hear from hottrodder just return them to me and I will send them to him (I have his address).
Thanks,
S&S

hottrodder
03-05-2002, 11:49 AM
Alright the collection grows... V-kid check your email.
I get an error with your email. Please double check your profile to make sure it's current. Or email me.
[This message has been edited by hottrodder (edited March 05, 2002).]

picklefork1
03-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Can I be right after hottrodder since we live in the same area?, let me know

Stab-n-Steer
03-06-2002, 06:27 AM
Picklefork1,
You are more than welcome to watch them, I just want to keep track of them so I get them back eventually...
S&S

1quickjet
03-07-2002, 07:53 AM
S&S, I live less than a mile from picklefork, can I watch 'em after him? I will send them to the next guy, I promise. Just tell me when I can see 'em and where to send them next. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

picklefork1
03-07-2002, 08:20 AM
Perfect - When could I expect them, and what do I need to do to get them . Hey S&S I'm going to send you an e-mail, call me.

Stab-n-Steer
03-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Everyone's welcome. As I said, I just want to keep track of 'em...
20 years ago I lent out a trick motor stand that I built to friend, who lent it to his cousin, who lent it to his neighbor, who lent it to his sister's boyfriend, etc. The trail disappeared eventually. About 2 years ago I saw it for sale at a swap meet. I told the guy the story and that I was glad he took such good care of it and was ready to return it to it's rightful owner. He looked at me and said "Yeah right, pal!" I told him if I flipped it over and showed him that my SS# was stamped underneath would he believe me? Sure enough, there it was after 20 years...
I still haven't found out who ended up with my torque wrench...
S&S

Stab-n-Steer
03-07-2002, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,
I got a couple of other tapes you might want to see. One is "Bad Boats 2" which was filmed during the '94 World finals at Firebird. It's mainly Top Fuel coverage - It's awesome. I also have the World Finals from 1999. In the TF finals Shannon Stewart waited on the holding rope 'till dark for Braaksma to get his boat ready. They then ran side by side 5.14's! In the dark! Ron's victory interview was something to remember...
Let me know.
S&S

03-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Hey S&S, so did he give it back without a fight? Shoulda charged him rent, late fees and interest.

Stab-n-Steer
03-08-2002, 06:48 AM
He claimed he bought it some years ago which he probably did. I told him that he bought stolen property and we could get the police involved if he wished. I was probably being an asshole but I did want it back. He wasn't to happy about it but I left with the motor stand. I did buy some other stuff from the guy to try to make amends...
S&S

hulshot
03-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey video guys, This is a long shot but thought I would ask anyway. I am looking for a video of a boat crash at Lake camp far west that happened on 7/3/98. It was a boat called Hullshot #757. Yes it went well over 100. If anyone knows of someone who might have a video of this I would be willing to buy a copy.
Costello said he had seen it happen, it was at a Nor Cal classic V-Drive get together. Thanks for any help.

Stab-n-Steer
03-15-2002, 06:17 AM
Hulshot,
Based on the name I'll make a stupid assumption and guess it was your boat... I have the Classic V-drive video from '98 but it's not on it... You might call Brian Lynch, president of the club and ask him. 559-322-9340 (eve.)or e-mail cvdcoa@v-driveboats.com
So what happened to the boat? Hopefully, no one was hurt.
S&S

hulshot
03-15-2002, 10:50 PM
S&S, yes it WAS my boat. It was legging out the 60's in the box and not much in the water when I aparently came accros a roller from another flat at about the 750foot area and all I remember is going through the side of the boat and opening my eyes under water. Not fun . This is where a video would come in handy. It happend on July 3 1998 in the evening.
The only one hurt was me and my boat. The boat was the worst I only was bruised real bad and a severe sprain. I was wearing full gear when it happed as I always did.
I will call the # but where is Brian out of?