PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Hot Boat Association

burbanite
09-27-2001, 03:53 PM
Does anyone have any info on this group? (or others).
DetroitJim, I take it you are a member?
I am in Indy and looking for places to hang out with like minded boaters,superdave013 had mentioned that he was from Indiana originally and I believe it was him that pointed me in the direction of Lake James a while back?
I wanted to get more info before I towed up to be sure I would be heading to where the action is.......
I have a Sanger hydro jet, yeah, I know, I'm in the wrong place but hot rods are hot rods right?

superdave013
09-27-2001, 08:06 PM
I have not been to Lake James for some time but it gets pretty rough out there for a hydro. Lots of smaller lakes around that might be better for your boat. That lake is big and deep. If ya sink it there ya might not get it back! I sank a flatbottom at Havasu and it was no fun. But i found out the hard way that that lake is not as deep as it looks. James is deeper than it looks, trust me.

MoJetBoPar
09-28-2001, 07:51 AM
I'm in the wrong place too.
I've got a jet, but want to get a v-drive eventually.
I have some names & #'s to the people who run that club your looking for. I gotta go home to get them to you though. If your e-mail is in your profile, I'll send that stuff to ya.

burbanite
09-28-2001, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys,
any help is appreciated. I have confined myself to Morse Lake here in Indy, (I'm in the water 45 mins after I leave work at the end of the day - and thats launching by myself), too many big boats at the weekend as it is kind of small although there is a party cove that I can hide in until the waves die down!
I went to Raccoon Lake last Saturday - perfect weather and not many boats, that can be a fun place at times.
I also ventured onto the White River once, that was a gas as it runs through the suburbs!!!!!
The main problem I am having is that my boat is so different from all of the rest and I would like to get together with people with similar interests.

BobMacD
09-28-2001, 07:49 PM
You can reach the Michigan Hot Boat Association at:
Dave Burgess
734-668-0100
violins@provide.net

Unchained
09-29-2001, 02:19 PM
I'm in the Mi. Hot Boat Assn. We had a great meet the weekend after Labor day. The Northern Indiana Hot Boat Club came up also. We met at Brower park which is on the Muskegon River/Hardy Dam backwater. It is a great place to boat. You can run for miles.
There were about 6 blown jet boats
( including mine ) a few flatbottoms and numerous 100mph outboards just to name a few. I didn't see the radar gun out because it was a little rough. One guy blew a headgasket on an American Offshore and a couple guys blew up their outboards so you know it was a fun time.

burbanite
09-30-2001, 07:32 PM
Thanks again, things are looking up.
BobMacD, I will give Dave a call.
Unchained, do you have a number for the Nth. Indiana club?
Went out today and got some good runs in, not many boats on the water these days, I'm not winterising until I absolutely have to!!!!!