PDA

View Full Version : Sangers / BBC Numbers

RH
03-10-2002, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know if there any sites for older Sangers early 70's or anywhere to get info. on them ? How about numbers to identify big block chevys thanks RH

72 superlite
03-10-2002, 10:03 PM
What kind of info are you looking for on the Sangers? My dad was a dealer for them in the 70's, and I still have a few broshures and other lit. kickin around. He still has a '74 Superlite hydro, and I have a '72 Superlite Runner bottom. As far as checking the numbers on the bbc, try the Roadsters web site at roadsters.com.
Rick

RH
03-11-2002, 12:01 AM
Superlite, I'm going to look at a 1972 Sanger
20' flatbottom , bbc v-drive In the next couple days and just wanted to find some info so I know what I'm looking at . How can I I.D. the hull , weak points to watch for , just general info. haven't had a boat in a long time and I don't know Jack about v-drives . RH

shirkey4750
03-11-2002, 02:11 PM
For BBC casting # information go to http:www.mortec.com also has carb. info. among other things.

HAVASANGER
03-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Hey, 72 superlite, I've got a 78 Sanger ski hydro, and I'd love to get a copy of a factory brouchure and info. I'd be glad to pay for it if you can help. e-mail threepointszeke@aol.com. Thanks.

72 superlite
03-14-2002, 10:05 PM
RH, sorry it took me awhile to get back. IDing that Sanger could be tricky,as in 1972 they didn't put the numbers in the transom. It could have a tag tacked to the stringers or even labeling tape stuck somewhere. I think it was up to whoever was trying to license a boat back then to come up with a way to show the ID numbers. I don't recall Sanger making a 20' flat, they did make what I think was a 19' 10" flat(or something real close to that) Which is probably what this one is. About checking it out, look for cracks in the corners, along the stringer, floor intersection area, Check to see if the boweye is tight and feels solid. If there are any open holes in the stringers, stick an awl or something like that into the wood to check for rot. Lift out the seat cushions and check out the bottoms, this can be a good clue as to how the boat is stored as well as cared for. Just a few sugestions, hope they help.

RH
03-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Superlite , Thanks for the info. I went to take a look a few days ago . Im not an expert but this looked like a pretty solid boat gel is shot , needs new seats , but it looked bone stock . I checked the 454 casting #'s 2 bolt main 1972-1979 , tandem trailer needs lights , If I had the time I think this would be a good project , he said it runs pretty good . RH oakley, CA $1,500.00
1972 SANGER BOAT flatbottom , 20' 454 Big Block, Casale in/out trans. blue and gold. can email pics. moving. must sell fast. tandem trailer. seats 5. i accept credit cards, cash, money orders. (209)815-3271

Costello
03-16-2002, 08:44 PM
I almost bought that thing a couple of Friday's ago, but it was just a little too hammered looking for me. There is no paperwork at all which is neither here nor there, but it's worth the money for the right guy, it's just going to need a bunch of attention. EVERYTHING looks nasty on it right now.