PDA

View Full Version : Does any live near Thousan Oaks, Ca?

Magnuman
03-21-2002, 05:04 PM
I am negotiating on a Spectra 19 that is in Thousand Oaks, CA. Before I took the flight down I was wondering if anyone lived near there that could look at this boat for me. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
Eugene

Jetboatguru
03-21-2002, 08:05 PM
I live in Thousand OAks

SPECTRABRENT
03-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Is that the Spectra 19 v-drive that I refered you to?
Brent
Brentloan@aol.com

Magnuman
03-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Brent,
Yes it is. Hopefully it will turn out.
Thanks.

Jetboatguru
03-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Magnuman, stop wasting everyone's time, stop being a cheapskate, fly out and look at the boat yourself.

Snowboat
03-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Having driven from Wyoming to California to buy two flatties,I don't think his friendly request is out of the ordinary.

spectras only
03-22-2002, 11:17 AM
I think what Jetboatguru meant was ,just buy the damn thing http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif! You can't go wrong with a 19 V-drive spectra http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif.It's rare as hen's teeth,and Magnuman might loose it if he's contemplating for too long http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited March 22, 2002).]

Magnuman
03-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Jetboatguru,
If a fellow boardmember asked for someone to look at a boat for them in my area I would do it without hesitation. That what the boards are for. I have flown all over the country looking for boats at various times. At present two of my boats I have had shipped from Florida and Michigan. I also spent countless hours looking at peoples "perfect" boats to find out that the only thing their perfect boat was good for was an anchor. If you knew who I am and what my reputation is among the marine industry,
I don't think you would be calling me a cheapskate. But I guess there's always "one"
in the group who has to bring the rest down.
By the way, I have gotten many gracious responses to my request and will know by tomorrow if the boat is all that the owner says it is.

Stab-n-Steer
03-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Magnuman,
I will be near 1000 Oaks next week (Simi Valley) on business. I will be glad to check out the Spectra...
S&S

Costello
03-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Does anyone think the Jetboatguru would have told us where he lives if he wasn't willing to go look at the boat for this fella? It looks to me that he was plenty willing and never got a response back. I've had this same experience with Magnuman when he was first looking for 21' boats. I wasn't selling mine at the time, but I took about 1/2 hour and copy and pasted every 21' V-Drive I could find. Then I offered to sell him mine. He contacted me with some interest and we had correspondence a couple of times. Ultimately the ball was in his court and I was waiting either way to hear what he wanted to do. Never heard a thing. No problem really with me, but if Jetboatguru was waiting for details on where to go look at this boat and never got them, I can see how he was a little frustrated. As for reputations in the marine industry, love him or hate him, Jetboatguru has one himself, and most would agree it's a good one.

superdave013
03-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Magnuman:
Jetboatguru,
If you knew who I am and what my reputation is among the marine industry,
I don't think you would be calling me a cheapskate.
I just gotta ask, so who are you?
Now that reminds me of that Who song.
Who are you, who who, who who
I really want to know
You guys remember that one right? Is that on that album with them all taking a wiz on the cover?
Oh shoot, gettin off track again.
Anyway, hope it works out for ya! And don't let some jetboat guy get ya down. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Magnuman
03-22-2002, 11:54 PM
I am someone who is old enough to remember seeing the Who.
Costello,
I appreciate your response. Unfortunately I can't monitor the board all the time and respond within the time frame that some would like. I think we are all being a little thin skinned here. The responses that I received were very generous and most of them were sent to me via my e-mail that is posted. The request was not only put on this web site but on others that I post on as well under my same user name. This was done to expedite the matter beacause as Spectras only said "these boats are as rare as hen's teeth".
I am not new to selling or buying boats. Buying a boat is a very personal thing and each of us has his or her own perameters for their decision. We also have a greater market to attend to because of the internet. Unfortunately because of this we can't personally always converse with each other due to amounts of contacts that are made and time constraints. If I have offended any one beacuse of this I am sorry it was not my intention to do so.
Although, like I have said I also have sold boats on the internet including this website. Fortunately I've received many responses some with follow-up and some not. That is the beauty of the internet and I wouldn't get pissed if someone didn't respond to information that I've sent. I usually appreciate the contact that is made and hopefully it might turn into another referral.
I hope that now I have explained myself to all concerned as it is late and I've had a long day working to afford a wonderfull hobby.
Thanks again for the willingness to help.
Regards,
Eugene