PDA

View Full Version : Quick interior question.

jkh04200
06-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Not sure on where to ask so I'll try here.
Just got all the interior redone it the boat. Looks awesome. The upoholstery shop used marine grade vinyl, ss staples, etc. Thye wrapped all the pcs. with plastic first so water could not get into the foam. But, this weekend I got caught in some real real bad weather. Now the cushions are about 3 times as heavy and you can feel water has gotten in. I have the cushions standing on edge to try to let it run out. But, am I just being paranoid? The old material definatley did not have plastic over the foam. But, it also didn;t have the stitching this new stuff has. I see many boats with some wild interior and water is gonna get in where they have been stitched. Does anyody else encounter this? And, what do you do?
Thanks

jimslade
06-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Make sure the upholsterer put ventilation holes in the back. I'm not a fan of plastic, it tends to hold water in longer than no plastic.

jkh04200
06-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Thanks,
They did not. I talked to mu buddy who has a baja, he said his does the same thing. After a day of people crawling in the deck he will raise his deck and water drips out of it for days. I wonder what could be done for it now though.