PDA

View Full Version : Flaws in GEL COAT

Budman13
06-28-2007, 02:54 PM
I am looking for some one in the San Francisco bay area mainly east bay who does good detail work on gel coats. I have a 2006 custom painted boat with some imperfections in the gel. I want an opinion if this can be fixed or do I have to live with it. These imperfections were in the gel when I got the boat. The boat was made in southern california, the manufacturer does not seem to know how to repair or is not trying. I have a hard time believing these can not be repaired. Please give contact info. I am looking for a second opinion can possibly post pictures or will drive to shop. Thanks for any info.

jimslade
06-28-2007, 08:21 PM
What type of defects?

Budman13
06-29-2007, 02:21 PM
boat has small white dots that I can feel and see in the gel coat. They seem to be indented like small scratches that are white. I'm trying o get pictures but its very hard because of glare.

Washed Ashore
06-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I am looking for some one in the San Francisco bay area mainly east bay who does good detail work on gel coats. I have a 2006 custom painted boat with some imperfections in the gel. I want an opinion if this can be fixed or do I have to live with it. These imperfections were in the gel when I got the boat. The boat was made in southern california, the manufacturer does not seem to know how to repair or is not trying. I have a hard time believing these can not be repaired. Please give contact info. I am looking for a second opinion can possibly post pictures or will drive to shop. Thanks for any info.
Budman,
My shop is in Riverbank,Its not to far from the bay,We can fix anything.We just finished a complete eight color re-gel on a Howard that no other shop in the area would touch,Howard boats wanted nothing to do with it!!!!!Call me on monday,my boy has a wakeboard tourny this weekend.
Jeff Glow
Smooth as Glass
(209)869-3545

Budman13
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I will be contacting you thanks for the reply. I am giong to be on a vacation to lake powell until july 20, I will call you shortly after I return. Thanks again