PDA

View Full Version : outboard boat drags

ratso
03-24-2002, 07:56 PM
I catch the ODBA on the tube sometimes and they usually give the "et". Does anyone know what the top speeds are on some of these Allisons, Triads, STV's, etc.

pgf127rt
03-25-2002, 04:41 AM
ratso, in the ODBA format I don't know what speeds they run, however Marty Logan ran at Marble Falls in the IHBA race and on Saturday he ran in excess of 130 mph, but that was in qualifying and he blew a motor, as he was there tuning for the ODBA finals he didn't run on Sunday, saving the iron for his world championship run.
[This message has been edited by pgf127rt (edited March 25, 2002).]

HavasuDreamin'
03-25-2002, 06:39 AM
I would guess in the 8 second area. Maybe 8.50 - 8.60, at 130mph, but just a guess. What kind of cable do you have to be watching this kind of racing. If I could find it on the tube, I don't think I would ever move! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

pgf127rt
03-25-2002, 03:25 PM
HD, it comes on the Speed Vision channel for nowbut since they went NASCAR, I don't know for how long they will continue to show the boat drags, I believe the ODBA has a website which would give this info, I will try to find it and post it on here, their drag races are very fast paced and exciting to watch, Marty Logan is a good friend of mine who regularly tunes his Quartermaster here on Lake Granbury, where I live just outside of FT. Worth, Texas.

pgf127rt
03-25-2002, 03:29 PM
HD, here is the website for Odba;
http://www.odbaonline.com/

ratso
03-25-2002, 05:04 PM
pgf127rt...Thanks for the info and website and e-mail, drop by sometime if you're in the area, still got that stream and a few other projects going on. See you later.

pgf127rt
03-25-2002, 07:53 PM
Ratso, will do, I aquired an outboard ride this winter and it is ready to go to the water if it will ever warm up, it is a JBE Scorpion I think it is a pop of an Eliminator or JBE aquired the molds, because it was built the year after Eliminator discontinued it from their line, y'all need to come to the Nationals at Plowman Creek park in Oct. we usually have over a hundred boats, of all kinds for 3 days there and it is a blast, contact me or Garry Snow about the time.

ratso
03-25-2002, 08:48 PM
Went last October and anchored off behind the start, some fast boats were there. They had a Stryker putting it on quite a few of them.

pgf127rt
03-26-2002, 06:05 PM
Ratso, yeah that stryker had much engine and turboes, it was a sleeper, I am the one who does the cooking, stop by the cook tent and say hi this year, I'll bet I can find a beer for you.