PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Cover Left Marks!

tittyman
08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Went camping over the weekend. A small storm came in and I forgot my boat cover. Used an old piece of blue plastic that once was a liner for a water bed. The sun came out later and it left a light gray mark in my brown gel coat. Tried cleaners to remove and it still there..what can I use to get it out? It's like it sucked the color right out of the gel coat...

tittyman
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Buehler..Buehler...Buehler

vee-driven
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Dem sum big ass titties!!

Jbb
08-14-2007, 12:10 PM
If you have access to a buffer...any mild compound should bring the color back by removing the haze and light scratching.....I always try the mildest stuff first ...and work into heavier compound if it does not seem to be working...
Perfect it 2 from 3m is where I would start...If that dont work . Imperial microfinishing compound

tittyman
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Is it just a burn from the plastic and the sun, hard water that baked under the plastic? Yes I have a buffer..will 3M buffing compound for boats work or do I need something with more grit..thanks..

Jbb
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Is it just a burn from the plastic and the sun, hard water that baked under the plastic? Yes I have a buffer..will 3M buffing compound for boats work or do I need something with more grit..thanks..
Cant tell without seeing it...Boat compound is typically the roughest ....try something finer first...

TRG
08-14-2007, 10:08 PM
"Yacht Bright" you can get it through LNL marine Corona CA.
Bar none! the easiest compound/polish and best product for Gel as well as polish on aluminum/stainless!...its what i use in my shop and works very well!
Todd
TRG custom Fiberglass
626-991-9031