PDA

View Full Version : Outboards vs car motors

Skaterfast
08-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Knowing what I know and reading the article on the DCB twin outboard I still don't understand why all the boats under 30 feet are not all outboard powered????

snappertapper
08-03-2002, 12:38 AM
I am also curious about this!!

Skaterfast
08-04-2002, 08:04 AM
Faster on less horsepower.Better gas mleage.Motor will last a lot longer.More quiet.More room in the boat.Easier to work on.A lot of people will disagree,but the fact is the motor will be at working level,you don't have to climb inside an engine compartment,there are no valves or springs,no oil pans to leak into your bilge,lower unit will last more than 2 times longer.What am I missing?If I had to guess on one reason there are not more outboards it would probably come down to that people are still afraid to work on them.I just look at it like a big motor cycle engine.

FASTPACE
08-14-2002, 10:18 AM
4 strokers have more money than cents and make noise / not velocity????????????/

jeff-in-ky
08-15-2002, 03:53 AM
Other advantages:
1) No "SKEETERS"-smoke gets them.
2) No women to complain.
Outboards are fine on bass boats and pontoons (I have one of ea) but true performance boats MUST have car motors :D :rolleyes: .IMHO

22TWIN
08-15-2002, 06:52 AM
jik, you've obviously never been in a twin outboard cat.

FASTPACE
08-15-2002, 07:26 AM
V-8'S ARE FOR GOIN STRAIGHT AND HARD!
DON'T TRY TO TURN, GET MORE WOMEN IN A BASS BOAT,
FRONT -REAR-MIDDLE, UNDER THE DECK ON THE DECK.
CAN THOSE 8'S REALLY COMPETE?

hoolign
08-15-2002, 09:16 AM
FASTPACE:
CAN THOSE 8'S REALLY COMPETE?have'nt seen any sprint races have you?

FASTPACE
08-15-2002, 10:50 AM
COULD WE SAY A SPRINT IS ----------
WELL A 1/4. WHO WINS IF/ WE RUN THERE AND BACK?
I CAN {HOLD YOUR BEER AND WATCH THIS} BEFORE A SPRINT CAN GET TURNED AROUND IF IT HOLDS TOGETHER.
AND STILL DO THIS ON A 1/4 OF THE HP WITH PUMP FUEL. CLASS ON CLASS I/B JETS LOSE

Skaterfast
08-17-2002, 09:34 AM
19 FT,225 HP OUTBOARD BOAT,70MPH GIVE OR TAKE.
19 FT CAR BOAT WITH DOUBLE THE HP 65MPH GIVE OR TAKE.
24-28 FT BOAT,TWIN 225 HP OUTBOARDS,90-100MPH.
24-28 FT CAR BOAT,600+ HORSEPOWER,90MPH IF YOUR LUCKY.
THIS IS VERY GENERAL STATEMENT.DON'T COME BACK AND SAY "WHAT IF THE INBOARD HAD A TWIN OSILATOR INFIBULATOR"?
OK OK,SPEED IS NOT EVERYTHING ,BUT THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH LESS THROTTLE YOU WILL USE TO GO 40MPH IN THE OUTBOARD BOATS.LAST TIME I CHECKED IF YOU USE LESS THROTTLE YOUR STUFF LASTS LONGER."CARBOATS HAVE MORE MONEY THAN CENTS".THAT'S A GOOD ONE.

Mohavekid
08-17-2002, 09:47 AM
Hey Fastpace, you might check on what a Sprint boat is before you make those statements. A sprint is an aluminum hull usually 15-16 feet long powered by a v-8 and a jet. They're quick as hell, turn on a dime and can run in 6 inches of water.

hoolign
08-17-2002, 12:21 PM
stanpace
seem to turn "fairly"good :p
http://nzjetboating.com/term.mpeg
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Edalealli/sprint.mpeg

Jungle Boy
08-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Skaterfast:
Knowing what I know and reading the article on the DCB twin outboard I still don't understand why all the boats under 30 feet are not all outboard powered????Never mind what I had to say. :rolleyes:

superdave013
08-17-2002, 09:48 PM
FASTPACE:
CAN THOSE 8'S REALLY COMPETE?I'ed like to see your twin weed wacker make the single pin turns at Long Beach.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/gn_turn.JPG
Or run a full day of endurance racing and then pull a skier in the Catalina race the very next day like Lance did a few years ago.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/gn790running1.JPG
I bet it gets old only seeing this end of a schiada river cruiser hu?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/schiada_back.JPG
Don't get me wrong, I like outboards. I like them alot. I just don't have time to wait for them to spool up in the mid range. Nothing like the punch of a heathly big block.

Charley
08-18-2002, 09:54 PM
I have a few reasons....
#1 My Mach 26 goes faster with a single 850hp BBC than it would with 640 HP of OB
#2 My BBC puts my baby to sleep...NO IM NOT KIDDING
#3 I enjoy being blown and that will never happen with an outboard :D :D :D

Skaterfast
08-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Lots of you are missing the point here.Outboards are almost 50% more efficient than inboards.

waterslinger
08-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Well boys had some fast o/b's on my Hydrostreams
but you smoke a v-6 clamp on and you soon find out
you could build 2 big blocks for the cost of one
clamp on. I have had both and will not have any
more clamp ons. The last XR-150 I had cost more than the jet boat I have now. It was 10 mph faster
but parts were just to high. Do the math.

FASTPACE
08-19-2002, 10:41 AM
BEEN GONE FOR A FEW DAYS CATCHIN THOSE SMALLIES, BUT IF YOU " JET HEADS" THINK THAT THE IB HOLD PERFORMANCE, EFFICIENCY, SPEED, BOAT CONTROL,HIGH DRY RIDES, THEN LET THE FACTS, JUST THE FACTS, SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN BEHIND THE 300 MERC, WELL-WELL-WELL. THE MERC 2.5 CATERGORY, IS WHERE THE SPEED RECORDS
ARE HELD, AND AS FOR "HARE' PINS TURNS, THOSE PICS
HAVE HALF THE FIELD OUTSIDE THE BOUY. OB CAN MAKE THAT TURN ON A DIME AND GIVE YOU 9 CENTS CHANGE.
AND PRICE, UP FRONT MONEY - MORE- ENVIROMENTALLY -MORE FRIENDLY. CAN YOU IB GUYS [HEAR] ME. DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR OVER 5 YEARS OB'S ARE CHEAPER. SEE JACOSMARINE.COM

Jungle Boy
08-19-2002, 03:17 PM
outboards cool factor = nil

Kim Hanson
08-19-2002, 04:40 PM
You guy's, mine would spank most of these car motor's, if not the majority of them.Only 325hp. at the "PROP"and it sound's "BITCHIN",but just your everyday clamp-on, right.Shit I even tried to fish from it and the hook won't stay in the water.LMAO...( . )( . )........It is costly to fix a "OB" but,If it is big enough my "humble" opinion,They will spank most if not all "JET'S"......
[ August 19, 2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

hoolign
08-19-2002, 04:45 PM
For some reason I just can't seem to take that last star away from you stan,lord know I've been tryin :p
Jungle boy,I'm hopin this is a good winter!!!!!!! :D
[ August 19, 2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: hoolign ]

Whatboat
08-19-2002, 04:52 PM
nothing beats the sound of twins belching exhaust out the transom. but like I said before,
lets see a 260 hp IB push a boat over 100 mph.
Also F1 Drivers experience up to 6Gs in the turns. That aint gonna happen with a IB. As far as endurance. They run a 24 hour race for stock outboards at Roughan Rouhan Rougan (however the f%#k you spell it). Anyway, just keep burning up those motors, Job security.

hoolign
08-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Kim Hanson:
You guy's, mine would spank most of these car motor's, if not the majority of them.Only 325hp. at the "PROP"and it sound's "BITCHIN",but just your everyday clamp-on, right.Shit I even tried to fish from it and the hook won't stay in the water.LMAO...( . )( . )........It is costly to fix a "OB" but,If it is big enough my "humble" opinion,They will spank most if not all "JET'S"......in 6-12"of water? :p

Kim Hanson
08-19-2002, 06:15 PM
I need at least 4 feet,and look out squirt's..LMAO.......

stanpace
08-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Oh-Hoolign:

Wet Dream
08-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Skaterfast:
Lots of you are missing the point here.Outboards are almost 50% more efficient than inboards.WHO CARES?!?!?!? If I wanted to be efficient, I wouldn't have a boat at all.
I know, you're thinking about a come back, something along the lines of..."yeah, but I won't run out of gas", or "I can go further on the same amount of fuel".
Its all about having fun and if everyone had an outboard, it would be pretty f'ing boring around here...wouldn't it???

future boater
08-19-2002, 10:03 PM
the name of this topic should be two strokes versus four strokes. if outboards are so more superiour than a v-8 then you wont mind producing a four stroke one, then will you? of course two strokes have the power but they are dirty! frown

Charley
08-20-2002, 06:37 AM
Skaterfast:
Lots of you are missing the point here.Outboards are almost 50% more efficient than inboards.and 50% harder on our environment....don't you like sushi? :p
[ August 20, 2002, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

D-BO
08-20-2002, 12:01 PM
Hey Charley, check out Mad EFI, you CAN get blown from an outboard!!

D-BO
08-20-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey Charley, check out Mad EFI, you CAN get blown from an outboard!!

future boater
08-20-2002, 05:35 PM
can anyone produce a bad ass fourstroke out board?

Charley
08-20-2002, 09:56 PM
D-BO:
Hey Charley, check out Mad EFI, you CAN get blown from an outboard!!wow... that is wild....I wonder what kind of boost is realistic with a 2 stroke ?

Whatboat
08-21-2002, 02:14 AM
future boater:
can anyone produce a bad ass fourstroke out board?Mercury's working on it (SC)

future boater
08-21-2002, 04:20 AM
i cant wait to see it. thanks for the tip. :D

Charley
08-21-2002, 08:02 AM
Whatboat:
future boater:
can anyone produce a bad ass fourstroke out board?Mercury's working on it (SC)I'm sure Mercury will do it.....I believe Yamaha already has a 200HP 4 stroke... the question is, what kind of RPM's and WOT duration? that's what makes a 2 stroke BAD-ass is hanging it out from dam to dam :D .....Don't tell anyone but Iv'e owned 2 OB powered cats before my current ride...SSSHH don't tell :p

FASTPACE
08-21-2002, 10:13 AM
HAVASU:
THAT IS A NICE RIDE. WHATS THE SPEED AND RPM?
IS IT A 2.5? AND WHAT PROP? I'M SURE THE GREY GHOST HAS LEFT MANY IN A WHITE WALL OF WATER.

Jet Junk
08-27-2002, 07:34 PM
There are some clamp-ons out there that might sway my opinion, but I think the acceleration, the loud, rumbling-ass exhaust note and the lumpy-ass idle of a v-8 powered jet can't be beat, but I fill up every time out and I'm sure there is a couple of bass boats that will out-run me going across the lake. Oh yea, my boat has a truck motor in it. Before that, it had an irrigation pump motor in it :D
[ August 27, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Jet Junk ]

Kim Hanson
08-27-2002, 08:20 PM
JETJUNK........
I have one........( . )( . )....... http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/untitled3.JPG

Jet Junk
08-28-2002, 04:05 PM
I know, I know. This is what I was talking about swaying my opinion. ( however unimportant it may be)

rustyk
08-28-2002, 06:38 PM
future boater:
the name of this topic should be two strokes versus four strokes. if outboards are so more superiour than a v-8 then you wont mind producing a four stroke one, then will you? of course two strokes have the power but they are dirty! :(YEAH! YEAH! DIRTY! DIRTY!LOL
rustyk

Kim Hanson
08-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Dirty,lmao..They are just fast,look at mine is that "DIRTY"......( . )( . ).........

Chummy
08-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Easy, everyone! Look if we all had the same setup it would be very boring don't ya think? There will always be the war between o/b vs. i/o or jets, but thats what makes it soooo.. fun. Personally I don't like these events that are for only one or the other the point here is we all like to be on the water :cool: See ya out there

Jungle Boy
08-29-2002, 05:08 AM
Chummy:
Easy, everyone! Look if we all had the same setup it would be very boring don't ya think? There will always be the war between o/b vs. i/o or jets, but thats what makes it soooo.. fun. Personally I don't like these events that are for only one or the other the point here is we all like to be on the water :cool: See ya out thereExactly. The common interest is boating. The type of boat is open to one's opinion. Happy boating. :cool: :p

Skaterfast
08-29-2002, 09:18 PM
True story.After racing a 25 ft car boat with my 24 foot twin outboard this is how our conversation went."Wow (me talking) your boat runs pretty good".Then this is what he says."My boat runs good?You smoked me.How much horsepower do you have"?My outboards are 450 total.Then he says."Wow Ive got almost 800 in my car motor".He was a little confused.450 against 800,hhmmm.

shockwaveharry
08-30-2002, 03:36 PM
Havasu Secret
[QB]...You just can't run a V8 car motor over 6000RPM for years without some kind of major problem...QB]You could if it was a 2.5L. It's all about reciprocating weight.
I know outboards are fast.
I know they are efficient.
I know they're light, burn less fuel, go faster with less HP, blah, blah, blah...
I wouldn't buy one for the same reason I wouldn't buy an electric Corvette no matter how fast it could go. It's just not for me.
I understand those 2.5 drag motors make one hell of a margarita though! wink

Wicky
08-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Charley:
Skaterfast:
Lots of you are missing the point here.Outboards are almost 50% more efficient than inboards.[/b]
and 50% harder on our environment....don't you like sushi? :p Did somebody say Sushi??

Bahner tunnel
08-30-2002, 09:52 PM
One of my friends has a 21' Daytona with a 300 hp. Evinrude that runs low 80's and gets really good gas mileage . Even more so now that his connecting rod is sticking out the side of his block. :) That was the best sounding outboard that I have ever heard as my other friends jet passed him right as it blew up. "CLUNK"

Skaterfast
08-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Bahner tunnel:
One of my friends has a 21' Daytona with a 300 hp. Evinrude that runs low 80's and gets really good gas mileage . Even more so now that his connecting rod is sticking out the side of his block. :) That was the best sounding outboard that I have ever heard as my other friends jet passed him right as it blew up. "CLUNK"I'm surprised your jet friend had enough money to be on the water after his 3rd rebuild,racing the outboard that had never been rebuilt after 300 hours.Ha Ha.

Bahner tunnel
08-30-2002, 10:18 PM
There is some truth to your reply. It is just backwards . The out board had about 10 hours on it and the jet was on it's third season. The outboard was under propped and was turning 7000+ rpm or it would have lived forever I'm sure. I used to be an out board fan until riding in that jet . It is a true "Hot Rod" in every sense of the word. Gas guzzling , loud , and violent when you mash the throttle . Outboards obviously have the advantage on speed per h.p. being it took 600 hp to beat 300 h.p. Someday I would dig a 19' Daytona with a 2.5 , but until then I'll stick to most inefficient way to go fast on water , 700 h.p connected to a jet. 90+ mph the hard way. :)

DUCKY
09-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Here is the problem. I have owned outboards, my family owned a jet through my formitive years, and have also had v-drives, and this is the way I see it.
Outboard: lots of good things going for it, I will admit. Great power to weight ratio, more room in the boat, and yes, very efficient....
But, what is the most powerful outboard you have ever in existence? Maybe Land and Sea's old turbocharged OMC V-8? Maybe Rick Gilman's blown Evinrude? Either one is good for 450-500 hp and pushes their respective boats well past the triple digits. I think the Land and Sea motor ran 143 (unknown hull)one time and Rick's motor pushes his 21 Daytona 9sec 1/4's at about 105 every weekend. Or 120 or so with a big prop. These two motors are about as extreme as you can get with an outboard and I know Rick blows about 3 lower units a season. And what's with the having to mix oil crap?
Jet: Not very efficient, but very quick, even with a small amount of power. They (The pump itself) are virtually maintenance free and can withstand abuse that no outboard or v-drive can match. (Sand, tangled ski ropes, rocks, etc...) A jet can handle an almost infinite amount of power. The fastest jet I know of would be Frank Place's "Going Places". It would run in the 6's at what, 170 mph? It did take 3000 hp to do this though. Jet's never worked well on heavy hulls, but with Harold Bruce's new twin pump setup, this too could change.
V-Drive:
Requires lots of maintenace, but they are very reliable. And yes, hp for hp, an outboard will kill a v-drive. But, you can put an unlimited amount of hp through a v-drive. I believe the world record right now is 4.96 seconds at over 240 mph in the 1/4 mi. No other form of propulsion can match this performance, and how many jets or outboards that you know in a lake boat application can cruise comfortably at 50 mph at 2500 rpm like a v-drive (NONE)

Kim Hanson
09-30-2002, 05:17 PM
Ducky...
You get 5 from me......( . )( . )..... :D

Back To Havasu
10-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Bottom line in my opinion...if you have a heavy boat and/or need quick holeshot, go car engine because of torque. Light boat and/or don't care about anything but top speed and/or warrantied power, go outboard(s).

Skaterfast
10-06-2002, 04:20 PM
I still say outboards have it.Repeat:Better gas mileage,faster onless horse power,more room in the boat,etc.A Howard 26 foot boat is concidered heavy.If you put 600 HP worth of outboards on it the thing will probably go close to 100mph.It would take well over 700 hp worth of car motor to to that same speed.

Charley
10-08-2002, 06:42 AM
Skaterfast:
I still say outboards have it.Repeat:Better gas mileage,faster onless horse power,more room in the boat,etc.A Howard 26 foot boat is concidered heavy.If you put 600 HP worth of outboards on it the thing will probably go close to 100mph.It would take well over 700 hp worth of car motor to to that same speed.Add the cost of HQ 2 stroke oil and the gas for 2 x 2.5 and I'm guessing a 700HP BBC is about the same....Outboards...faster ? through the midrange?no....even top end? no, not faster ...will they run fast longer.... yes! that and reliablity is the reason to have outboards wink Outboards are cool skaterfast... I still may own them one day, I've owned them before...but....with the advancements in HP BBC engine parts over the last 7-10 years you can make a blower motor pretty reliable... and a big cubic inch naturally aspirated 700 HP motor is almost the norm now with aftermarket engine builders ....it's not uncommon to get 300 hours on a mild BBC set-up....I hope and I pray the tree huggers DONT get you 2 strokers off the lake.....now if they could get jetskiiers to look before they turn!
eek!
[ October 08, 2002, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

TOBTEK
10-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Im thinking a new F29 with two or three 300x's on the back would look pretty sweet....CHARLIE

HavasuDreamin'
10-08-2002, 07:47 AM
TOBTEK:
Im thinking a new F29 with two or three 300x's on the back would look pretty sweet....CHARLIETobtek, you know I am an outboard guy, but I think when boats get to be a certain length, inboards are the only way to go. On the 29 DCB you would need 3 300x outboards to get that sucka moving and I think that three motors is a headache just waiting to happen.
Charlie, I think your idea of two bad azz small blocks in that 29 is the way to go!

Skaterfast
10-08-2002, 08:38 AM
.[/qb][/QUOTE]Add the cost of HQ 2 stroke oil and the gas for 2 x 2.5 and I'm guessing a 700HP BBC is about the same....Outboards...faster ? through the midrange?no....even top end? no, not faster ...will they run fast longer.... yes! that and reliablity is the reason to have outboards wink Outboards are cool skaterfast... I still may own them one day, I've owned them before...but....with the advancements in HP BBC engine parts over the last 7-10 years you can make a blower motor pretty reliable... and a big cubic inch naturally aspirated 700 HP motor is almost the norm now with aftermarket engine builders ....it's not uncommon to get 300 hours on a mild BBC set-up....I hope and I pray the tree huggers DONT get you 2 strokers off the lake.....now if they could get jetskiiers to look before they turn!
eek! [/QB][/QUOTE]
I AGREE BLOWN BBC HAVE COME A LONG WAY FOR RELIABIITY.YOUR LEAVING A LOT OUT THOUGH.I'M THINKING WE'RE STILL EVEN ON THE GAS THING,BECAUSE AFTER I BUY MY OIL YOU HAVE SPENT AT LEAST THAT MUCH IN GAS TO KEEP UP WITH THE OUTBOARD MPG.700 HP NEEDS A LOT OF GAS.YOUR ALSO FORGETTING ABOUT THE EXTRA COST IN OUTDRIVES.WETHER IT BE IN REPARING THE BRAVO OR THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE UPGRADED DRIVES THAT ARE OUT THESE DAYS.ALSO WHAT'S THE AVERAGE COST OF FRESHENING UP A BLOWN BBC?FOR THE MOST PART YOU ARE PROBABLY CORRECT ON THE MIDRANGE,BUT IN MY APLICATION MY MIDRANGE IS STRONGER THAN THE 700 HP 25 0R 26 FOOTER.ALSO THE 700 HP IS NOT WANTING TO NAIL IT OFF THE LINE DUE TO THE DRIVE.YOU MUST KNOW BY NOW THAT YOU ARE TALKING TO THE BIGEST OUTBOARD FAN ON THESE BOARDS.I KNOW,I KNOW I'M A FREAK.

Boatmaster
10-08-2002, 01:19 PM
No freak , and get it staight your tied for being the biggest outboard fan out there. Long live the two stroke. Could not agree more on the outdrive problems,not worth it to me!

Charley
10-08-2002, 10:51 PM
ok....skaterfast.... OUTBOARDS RULE!!!!!!... unless you want chicks to dig your boat.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Peace

waterslinger
10-09-2002, 05:19 AM
Well boys take it from a X-outboard owner.
After my last XR-2 merc burned 3 pistons I gave
up and bought a running jet boat for less money
than it would have cost to rebuild the clamp on.
The jet is slower but in the water more.
It is all about the money.
Waterslinger out

Skaterfast
10-10-2002, 07:57 AM
Charley:
ok....skaterfast.... OUTBOARDS RULE!!!!!!... unless you want chicks to dig your boat.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D PeaceYa,I won I won!!Outboards rule!!Ha Ha.

MAXIMUS
10-14-2002, 03:19 PM
I used to own a 19' daytona with a jet. Had a 468 appox 500+ hp. I used to get picked on by every kind of blending device there was. STV tunnels, stokers, hydro streams. All with the 2.5 "drag" motors or the "big" 300's. I would always roll out nice an easy with them until they were tapped! Then I would stand on the throttle & leave there sorry asses behind. I by no means am exaggerating. Then of course the exuse was either you have a fortune into your boat & mine is stock! Or they assumed I was a 105 mph boat :rolleyes: ! Lol when I told them that I was lucky if I saw 85... they would figure that I was full of sh*t. I could care less about economy, If you cant afford weekend boat gas... dont buy a boat! I would't be seen in a honda prelude, & I wouldn't be seen in a canoe with a tampon...err I mean clamp on! And thats all I have to say about that! Thank you!!! Im here till thursday... try the veal!
max wink

Boatmaster
10-14-2002, 03:30 PM
Maximus please step away from the crack pipe! Either you had alot more than 500hp, or found alot of outboards missing a few plug wires. Just come out to the BBSP put on by Havasu Barney and see where I'm coming from. HEHEHE outboards rule!

MAXIMUS
10-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Boatmaster????????? crack pipe???????? hmmmmm????
lol & thats all I have to say about that!!!!!!!!!!
max :p

MAXIMUS
10-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Oh yea & one more point of interest! For all you new outboard owners who just recieved there new "magazine tested" trick clamp on! Believe what you read! They all run 100 mph...cause the masterbaits :confused: err a masterboater :confused: or rather boatmister :( ... chit boatmisner........."BOATMASTER" wink says so!
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!
MAX

Boatmaster
10-15-2002, 07:58 AM
I know there is a few squirt boys out there that do 100mph. Everyone I have ever seen has had much more than 500hp. You can find bone stock outboards running 100 all year long.

MAXIMUS
10-15-2002, 01:05 PM
The truth of it all is... if you want to go fast, you have to work at it. I have never seen any v-drive, strap on, IO or jet come off the trailer & run the way it was intended with out testing & tweaking. The guy who works the hardest & smartest "usually" comes out ok! Of course there are those lucky bastards who live by "ignorance is bliss" motto! What ever makes u happy is the KEY! I like fast boats & swimmin with bowlegged women!!!!!!!!! wink Happy boating to all! :)
max

Skaterfast
10-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Any STV boat with a Merc 225 all the way to a 300 will smoke any jet with 500 HP.Ya baby, outboards rule.HA ha

snappertapper
10-15-2002, 05:39 PM
yes in deed outboards do rule

superdave013
10-16-2002, 05:42 AM
Run what ya brung and the OD didn't bring enough.
v-drive tunnel, jet boat & outboard racing in this vid clip.
Right click and save target as to view.
OB rolled up and smoked (http://members.cox.net/infomaniac/Snowman.mpg)

HavasuDreamin'
10-16-2002, 10:35 AM
SuperDave (aka....Mr. V-Drive) in the O/B section........ :D
Should we tell all the other v-drivers he was caught over here........??? wink
I'm just messin' with ya SD013...........never thought I would see your screen name over here. :p

HavasuDreamin'
10-16-2002, 10:38 AM
Boatmaster:
Maximus please step away from the crack pipe! Either you had alot more than 500hp, or found alot of outboards missing a few plug wires. Just come out to the BBSP put on by Havasu Barney and see where I'm coming from. HEHEHE outboards rule!Exactly.........in fact if you don't believe any of us O/B guys, just peruse your old issues of hot boat mag and check out the speeds and HP required to attain those speeds that hot boat has tested O/B tunnels at and 19' Jet Daytona's at. You will see what we are talking about. Maximus, your numbers don't add up

MAXIMUS
10-16-2002, 04:51 PM
Ok but I still ran 80-85 with a 13-1 468 at 6000 rpm with a b+ stainless. I would not tell stories about kicking outboards asses if it didn't happen.
I had a friend with a 2.5 merc on some type of tunnel. He used to laugh at jets. Later he called my boat the prop eater! Im not braggin or impressed. Just saying that the out boards I have encounterd were not impressive like I was told they would be. I'm sure that the boys in this section all have impressive boats... Enough said I'll crawl back to the hole I came out of! :) P.s. I definitly look foward to new adventures with you fellas next year! Take care and safe boating.

77charger
10-16-2002, 06:54 PM
i seemed to have no probs with o/bs this weekend at havasu.(no i wasnt looking to pick on eithere they came to me).I was in a flatbottom with about 450-500hp and v drive,The top speed is very good and gets there quick.But rough water sucks for me.I think it all comes down to power to weight ratio the o/d is half the weight of the big block alon not including the drive v,jet, or i/o.I think if both boats were of equal weight the bb would take it.But after riding in a couple of o/bs i have been impressed but noticed they are weight sensitive.But can admit they do have top end mph.And i would hate to see one with a 250 hull wanting to race me.

Havasu Cig
10-17-2002, 04:53 PM
I had a 2000 Mach 26 with twin 2.5's and a 2001 Mach 26 with a blown 510 chevy.
I had alot of problems with the O/B's but the boat was fun to drive when they were working. The downside of the O/B's were if you put any weight in the boat. Put 5 people in the boat with 1/2 tanks of fuels or above and you went from a 106 mph boat to a 95 mph boat,
My Mach with the BBC did not seem to be effected by weight as much. I raced a few friends with O/B powered Machs with my BBC powered Mach and never got beat. I got beat a few times by BBC powered Machs when I had O/B's though.
That being said I still think a 28 Skater with 300x's would be a fun Havasu boat. Maybe even triple 300x's. eek!

You Te
10-18-2002, 06:57 AM
Well Maximus,
I see you are from SO.Cal. so am I.
I guess you ran into some real weak outboards.
Stoker, that's not a race boat.
To bad you sold your hot rod, we could have hooked up sometime and you could have showed me
how bad ass your boat was. Oh well.
You Te

HavasuDreamin'
10-18-2002, 07:40 AM
Havasu Cig:
I had a 2000 Mach 26 with twin 2.5's and a 2001 Mach 26 with a blown 510 chevy.
I had alot of problems with the O/B's but the boat was fun to drive when they were working. The downside of the O/B's were if you put any weight in the boat. Put 5 people in the boat with 1/2 tanks of fuels or above and you went from a 106 mph boat to a 95 mph boat. You had a lot of problems with the O/B? That surprises me! I guess you can get lemon O/B's too just like anything else.
You are correct about the slower top end when full of equipment and people. Your problem could have been cut in half with the right O/B motor choice. The 2.5's don't have near the torque needed to push a Mach 26 which is a good size boat, and torque is what is needed to push a big boat. Now put more weight in the boat, and you suffer even more. If you had 300 Pro Max motors on the Mach, you would not have seen near the decrease in speed when loaded up. Having said that, I don't care for the 300 Pro Max...... and the 300X which I really like was not out back then. I think if you had a Mach 26 with twin 300X motors, you might have had a better O/B experience. :)

Skaterfast
10-18-2002, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAXIMUS:
[QB]Ok but I still ran 80-85 with a 13-1 468 at 6000 rpm with a b+ stainless. I would not tell stories about kicking outboards asses if it didn't happen.
I had a friend with a 2.5 merc on some type of tunnel.
A 1985 Sleekcraft tunnel with a 2.5 will go 65mph.
Same motor on another tunnel will go 120.

HavasuDreamin'
10-18-2002, 10:55 AM
Skaterfast:
A 1985 Sleekcraft tunnel with a 2.5 will go 65mph.
Same motor on another tunnel will go 120.How much do your '85 Sleekcraft tunnels weigh? 10,000 lbs. ? :confused:
They ran those tunnels in Mod-VP for years at around 100mph with 240+ HP 2.4L Merc's.

Skaterfast
10-18-2002, 12:32 PM
I was trying to say that one tunnel boat to another with the same motor can be as much as 30mph.

HavasuDreamin'
10-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Skaterfast:
I was trying to say that one tunnel boat to another with the same motor can be as much as 30mph.Okay, I can agree with that! :D

Havasu Cig
10-18-2002, 05:12 PM
HD,
The ProMax Motors had just come out and DCB had only done one other 26 with them at the time. I thought I was buying proven motors in the 2.5's but with all the problems I had I guess not. On top of that the 26 with 2.5's were faster than the ProMax motors. I hear the new 300X's are awesome though. Like I said I might try the O/B's again someday, but this time on a Skater!!

Skaterfast
10-20-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm with u Cig.Skater28 with two 300's and you might be king of the hill at Havasu.

MAXIMUS
10-22-2002, 04:38 PM
I was at parker this weekend & saw a Mirage with 225 on back. After speaking to the owner, he told my friend & I it would top out at 86 mph. Not very impressive considering my kids blow up raft had more substance. There was a large Howard cat with twin 300's that required all the passengers to run to the front so it could plain??? Not exactly my idea of user friendly? I know like all boats that some where there is some fast outboards... Just havent really got to see any?
Mr. YOU Te... don't fear I have a bigger & heavier version of my old hot rod that seats 5 carries 55 gal of fuel, wonderful stereo system with kickers and all, bimini top, swim steps, kitchen sink etc... (I think you get the idea) BY NO MEANS A RACE BOAT. :rolleyes: It is just a touch over 80+. I would be glad to give you a close up demo. I'll let you know the next time I'm available! wink

Boatmaster
10-23-2002, 08:11 AM
My own ride full of fuel with four people and cooler 102 on GPS no BS. Unloaded 106. Your right not the greatest hole shot but hole shot is not where it's at in a 25. 25 Daytona twin 300s.

You Te
10-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Maximus,
I would like that and you are right it does not sound like you have a race boat,
I myself don't have a race boat, my boat seats 4 and can hold 35 gallons of fuel.
Right now I have the back seat out and I have a smaller tank but it's not a race boat.
Let me know when you can come out to play and I'll show you what a good running outboard can do.
Most of the time I'm on havasubarney.com
YouTe

Kim Hanson
10-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Pardon me,don't recall your name You Te!!!!!!

You Te
10-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Very nice Kim, very nice.
You Te

Infomaniac
10-23-2002, 09:15 PM
Kim Hanson:
Pardon me,don't recall your name You Te!!!!!!Me either

HavasuBarney
10-24-2002, 10:44 AM
MAXIMUS:
I was at parker this weekend & saw a Mirage with 225 on back. After speaking to the owner, he told my friend & I it would top out at 86 mph. Not very impressive considering my kids blow up raft had more substance. There was a large Howard cat with twin 300's that required all the passengers to run to the front so it could plain??? Not exactly my idea of user friendly? I know like all boats that some where there is some fast outboards... Just havent really got to see any?
Mr. YOU Te... don't fear I have a bigger & heavier version of my old hot rod that seats 5 carries 55 gal of fuel, wonderful stereo system with kickers and all, bimini top, swim steps, kitchen sink etc... (I think you get the idea) BY NO MEANS A RACE BOAT. :rolleyes: It is just a touch over 80+. I would be glad to give you a close up demo. I'll let you know the next time I'm available! wink Please, please, please, I would also like a demo.
My 21ft 1800lbs boat seats 6, carries 50gal of fuel and runs a little blender.
But if your sportin a jet and less than 1000hp, I'm spankin dat ass my friend.
Stop singin, start bringin! :D

rustyk
10-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Embarassing moment also. I was once beat by an old tymer in a 16 ft bass boat not sure what hp he had but he smoked my 21 ft Baja with 454 with just 2 persons in my boat i was so mad i went home after that. And the bad part is my boat would do 70 on gps and slight porposing and he was running smooth with no hop at all. That is why i got my Firehawk cat because i will put in the Horses it will take to kick that old tymers ASS!
rk :mad:

Kim Hanson
10-24-2002, 06:03 PM
YOU TE,got you now sly shit!
Maximus, get your head out of your ass and smell air, then you might see what" THE **** " your sorry ass is saying! Kiss my MAXIMUS bitch! 85 MPH jet-boat suck......( . )( . )........ :p wink eek!
[ October 24, 2002, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

Boatmaster
10-25-2002, 05:55 AM
Kim you took the words right off of my keyboard. OUCH!! HEHEHE

MAXIMUS
10-25-2002, 07:08 AM
Well.... I'm dealing with some intellectuals again!!! lol wink Kim you said it all girl friend! Havasu Barney You be spankin me arse...cause I don't have 1000 ponies in the stable... I do love my suck ass boat though! :)

MAXIMUS
10-25-2002, 07:11 AM
Kim Hanson:
Maximus, get your head out of your ass and smell air, then you might see what" THE **** " your sorry ass is saying! Kiss my MAXIMUS bitch! 85 MPH jet-boat suck......( . )( . )........ :p wink eek! ?????????????????..... Oh now I understand... your from Canada.. wink

You Te
10-25-2002, 07:36 AM
Well Maximus,
I'll be waiting for you to give me the up close and personal demo of your hot rod.
Youte from So.Cal.

MAXIMUS
10-25-2002, 08:42 AM
You Te:
Well Maximus,
I'll be waiting for you to give me the up close and personal demo of your hot rod.
Youte from So.Cal.Ok...You te fair enough. Apperantly I have been living with my head up my ass... It will now take some time for the oxygen to restore sain thinking. Just sharing some of my experiences. Unfourtunatly we have to resort to bench racing lol. Outboards are superior to jets period! With that being said I would think that all of you here can unwad your panties & go back to complimenting each other & sharing love. :) I shouldn't ever think that I could compete on your level. :confused: I will sadly go back to the jet board now.... goodby cruel world... :( he he
P.S. anybody know of a good deal on a 2.5... my lawn edger just died & I need to replace it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha!!!
take care all

572Daytona
10-25-2002, 09:25 AM
MAXIMUS:
P.S. anybody know of a good deal on a 2.5... my lawn edger just died & I need to replace it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha!!!
take care allHere ya go...it has a nice shiny cleaver on it for those tough to cut weeds wink
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/cleaverwacker.jpg
[ October 25, 2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: 572Daytona ]

Boatmaster
10-25-2002, 09:27 AM
2.5s also make a bitchn blender at the sandbar.

HavasuBarney
10-25-2002, 09:41 AM
MAXIMUS:
Well.... I'm dealing with some intellectuals again!!! lol wink Kim you said it all girl friend! Havasu Barney You be spankin me arse...cause I don't have 1000 ponies in the stable... I do love my suck ass boat though! :) Maxi, no need to go, we still love you! :)
I also love jet boats, 80% of my business comes from you guys lovin your classic hot rods.
Much props wink to ya!
Most of us responding here do run high performance lawn gear and we don't see too many fast jets, 80+.
Please keep in mind it is all in good fun and most of us are very glad that you came in to stir the pot. Us lawn boys live for this stuff!
Hope to see you on the water one day, do some running and have a few cold ones! :)

572Daytona
10-25-2002, 11:09 AM
One thing you can say about outboard though is that they certainly are versatile. They've been known to power everthing from cruise ships
http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-5-79997-Dscn6872ob.jpg
To kitchen tables wink
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/tableboat.jpg

MAXIMUS
10-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Ok... you talked me into staying... so who has the fastest tampon in here???? I know kim has the most brains here but who is the fastest??? 572 might be able to take that claim!!! he he
:cool:

MAXIMUS
10-25-2002, 04:34 PM
572... that is some really funny stuff!!! I get a kick out of all the pictures that get posted with add ins... :)

Kim Hanson
10-25-2002, 09:25 PM
MAXIMUS:
Kim Hanson:
Maximus, get your head out of your ass and smell air, then you might see what" THE **** " your sorry ass is saying! Kiss my MAXIMUS bitch! 85 MPH jet-boat suck......( . )( . )........ :p wink eek! ?????????????????..... Oh now I understand... your from Canada.. wink Don't be dishing Canada now bitch, just cause you are ****ed up! Just put that jet back in your bath tub and enjoy it and then you can get a canoe or a floater and then all you have to do is keep blowing it out you ass the way you are and maybe 85 mph.......( . )( . ).......... :D

MAXIMUS
10-26-2002, 06:46 AM
Don't be dishing Canada now bitch, just cause you are ****ed up! Just put that jet back in your bath tub and enjoy it and then you can get a canoe or a floater and then all you have to do is keep blowing it out you ass the way you are and maybe 85 mph.......( . )( . ).......... :D [/QB]Wow Kim... that is really deep! lmao!!! Right on par though... I like your consistancy! And I thought maybe after your bad high wore off you would "sweeten up" a bit? Reminds me of that Weezer song... lets see how does it go???? Oh yea
"I can't help my feelings they go out of my mind... I got my crack pipe" :) Short version of course but I think you get the idea! Keep showing that Canada class my love!
[ October 26, 2002, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: MAXIMUS ]

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Keep showing that Canada class my love!
That is quite gay to me! I stand not sit,so get off the potty bitch! :rolleyes: :D

MAXIMUS
10-26-2002, 08:15 PM
Kim Hanson:
Keep showing that Canada class my love!
That is quite gay to me! I stand not sit,so get off the potty bitch! :rolleyes: :D Ohhhh sh*t.... my bad.... I thought you were a dike :confused: ....lol I'm sorry! Ahh well now that you are a boy... please continue! :D You know the whole time your mouth is running Im thinking... wow this is a rough biotch!!! lmao
Again sorry for the identity confusion?? :)

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 08:54 PM
What ever bitch! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/maximus1.JPG

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 08:58 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/maximus.JPG

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 09:19 PM
This is your day, did you get it or what?

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 09:24 PM
I'am going to run through the rain and will talk to you after that , about 15 minutes tops!

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 09:27 PM
I'am going to run through the rain and will talk to you after that , about 15 minutes tops!

MAXIMUS
10-26-2002, 09:42 PM
LMAO!!!! Dude you really gotta take it easy... I'm laughin my ass off!!! I just assumed (ass out of you & me!)kim was a female??? Take care & try to settle down a notch! That cold ass weather has you all up tight!!! wink

Kim Hanson
10-26-2002, 10:20 PM
Not me , shit! I will talk to anyone! You just happened to be in the arena at the time that I was in there..etc,etc Later......( . )( . )....... :D :D :D :D

Moomawnster
10-27-2002, 02:27 AM
Hell, I just like apples better than oranges , my jet has 15 yrs hard use on it ! :rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
10-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Moomawnster:
Hell, I just like apples better than oranges , my jet has 15 yrs hard use on it ! :rolleyes: You guys have me all wrong here,I like jets.I don't like people saying they can beat a Big-OB,unless it's a race boat!Mine is good enough against a jet! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/untitled2.JPG

MAXIMUS
10-31-2002, 06:58 AM
Kim Hanson:
Moomawnster:
Hell, I just like apples better than oranges , my jet has 15 yrs hard use on it ! :rolleyes: You guys have me all wrong here,I like jets.I don't like people saying they can beat a Big-OB,unless it's a race boat!Mine is good enough against a jet! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/untitled2.JPGKim I don't have you all wrong.... I'm just stirrin the pot!!! :D Everything I said earlier was true about my experiences racing outboards...I believe I just didn't find any that were contenders. Very nice pick of your ride there!! By the way were is You Te??? I wasn't done bench racing yet!! :p I need some good outboard advice??? Like stay the hell away!! lol
take care all you boating fanatics & always keep it safe!! :)
P.S. here is a pick of my jet! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DSC00010.JPG

572Daytona
10-31-2002, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah...well my daughters pink barbie lil' tykes will blow the doors off your daughters bike with a basket...lol
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/liltykes.jpg
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/DSC00010.jpg

MAXIMUS
10-31-2002, 09:42 AM
572Daytona:
Oh yeah...well my daughters pink barbie lil' tykes will blow the doors off your daughters bike with a basket...lol
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/liltykes.jpg
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/DSC00010.jpgNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT PINK BIKE HAS A 25 TOOTH FRONT & 13 TOOTH REAAR... 4.5" CRANKS & WEIGHS ONLY 12 LBS!!!! (WITH OUT BASKET :p )AT HALF CRANKING, POWER FROM EITHER ONE OF MY TWIN DAUGHTERS, THIS WOULD SMOKE THE AVERAGE HIPERF MINI TIKES!!! 572 you are starting to sound like the clamp on guys!!! :rolleyes:

572Daytona
10-31-2002, 10:53 AM
Seeing that the daughter that we bought the power wheels for is almost 12 now, I think you've got me on this one Maximus...I don't think it would even budge with her riding it now :) But seeing how we are in a fishing motor forum maybe some of the guys here can help me adapt a 24volt trolling motor setup to that baby, then we'll see some real speed wink

LVjetboy
10-31-2002, 01:18 PM
Kim, just noticed your flag...ya! Love it!
Now from pink barbie trikes back to car boats:
Just watched Info's race video again. What happened to the O/B? He take a f*kin' smokin' oil break or what? Oh ya, those car boats have way more hp so not fair right?
<Waaaaa, waaaaa...> Cryn' baby here
Looks like he got freakin' blown away...to put it mildly! (Hint: Watch close to even see the O/b smoked big time in this race :) )
Whatever.
The other day I was even thinking about buying a Vette. Silly me. Then I noticed Volkswagen's Turbo 4 cylinder Beetle seats 4 and gets way more gas mileage! Oh well shoot. Gall darn.
http://users.lvcm.com/lvjetboy/Beetle.gif
Looks like those goofy cute Chevron ads hugh? H*ll, even has a frumpy f*ckin' flower holder. All that with less hp? And more gas mileage!? Think how many chicks in that bug? More than the Vette no doubt. Then I came to my senses...
:)
http://users.lvcm.com/lvjetboy/TowVette.gif
:)
For me, it's all about thrill of power and sound of brute strength. Ever since I snuck away and saw my first top fuel funny car drags. (SIR = Seattle Internatn'l Raceway, '77 or '78?? don't remember for sure) Something like 70 funny cars, all running at the same time...BE there, be there, BE THERE! <Radio voice here> Overkill...maybe...so what the f*ck? Stinking tire smoke burnin' the track. Think that's efficient? 3,000+ hp to go a 1/4 mile.... Guess again! Gas mileage, who really cares? Gas milegage sounds like a fruity Martha Stewart concern to me. But hey, what do I know? As long as you make it back to the pump, freakin' copy?
I cruised at 70 for over 60 miles on my tanks, should make it to the next marina even on Powell?? With reserve to spare. Here's a post w/ my numbers...
Jet mpg (http://www.banderlog.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/1706_2.html)
$$$'s spent per mph debatable 'till the end of time...that's a fact. But one thing's for sure. Nothin' matches the pure primal FEEL and SOUND of a big block runnin' balls...of that I've no doubt. And for me, that's what it's all about. Period. High revin' rice burners be d*mned.
Give it to me you sushi blenders you.
jer
[ November 01, 2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

HavasuDreamin'
10-31-2002, 01:46 PM
Well if you feel like a man by spankin' a 300HP O/B with your 1200HP Big Block, then more power to you.........I guess you need it! :p

LVjetboy
10-31-2002, 02:02 PM
Well, although I've never spanked a 300 hp O/b with my mild and well-worn 340 hp chevy. As you can well guess, if I added a freakin' 1200 hp engine...suppose I could top 135++ mph? Like to be conservative. Not to mention out-accelerate that lame-a** gay sounding high strung sewing machine weed-wacker m*ther f*cker of yours. Like a bat outta' hell no less?
You think??
Wanna exaggerate a little more mr. havasu??
Cheers!
jer
[ October 31, 2002, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

Kim Hanson
10-31-2002, 03:05 PM
LVjetboy, you guy,s have a lot of good looking boat,s down in the US.We don't have many choice,s here.This is one that would work for me,but going to wait till spring and start looking for a jet........( . )( . )....... http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/post-28-10981-po733826f11035302374421.JPG :D

LVjetboy
10-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Hm,
What is that hull Kim?
jer

Kim Hanson
10-31-2002, 03:29 PM
It,s a HarberCraft 240 sport sprint..............( . )( . )........... :)

MAXIMUS
10-31-2002, 03:58 PM
OK I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but here it goes... Kim what does this mean
....(.)(.)... ???
:confused:

LVjetboy
10-31-2002, 04:04 PM
Means like it looks.

Kim Hanson
10-31-2002, 04:49 PM
Maximus.......( . )( . ).....= TITS and instead of sweet it is TITS here.Also, I allways end with that on any post.I do have a thing for BIG TITTY'S too!Avatars on here and HavasuBarney are TITS, thats all I think about!Tits and boat just go together don't you think?.......( . )( . )....... :p

MAXIMUS
10-31-2002, 05:07 PM
YEA... THEY DO... :)

Kim Hanson
10-31-2002, 05:24 PM
Maximus..
I think that your boat is " TIT'S ", that is sure a KILLER engine.Really nice detailing to it, chrome it all hey! Must be a bitch to polish it all though? ........( . )( . )...... :)

Kim Hanson
10-31-2002, 05:28 PM
By the way do you have any of your boat on the water? I use these for background and that would work fine and dandy....( . )( . )...... :)
[ October 31, 2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

MAXIMUS
10-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Kim Hanson:
Maximus..
I think that your boat is " TIT'S ", that is sure a KILLER engine.Really nice detailing to it, chrome it all hey! Must be a bitch to polish it all though? ........( . )( . )...... :) So far I have been fortunate! The aluminum is pretty good quality & comes real clean with gunk, soap & water followed by vinegar. I wished I could chrome it all... would be piece of cake then. I don't have any pics on the water yet... Having trouble with camera software? Glad you like it! I spend a lot of spare time just staring at it... like beavis & butthead! I'm now trying to convince my wife that it really is a "family" boat?? :( She can't understand what the hell I did to it!!!lol :rolleyes:

You Te
11-01-2002, 08:36 AM
Lvjetboy,
The outboard that was in video was not racing.
As far as the sound goes, I like the sound of big blocks and I like the sound of a good running
outboard.
However,I'm more interested in the performance of my boat, rather than the sound, while 600 horse power ain't shit for a big block it works quite well on a small little outboard.
You Te

MAXIMUS
11-01-2002, 08:50 AM
You Te:
Lvjetboy,
The outboard that was in video was not racing.
As far as the sound goes, I like the sound of big blocks and I like the sound of a good running
outboard.
However,I'm more interested in the performance of my boat, rather than the sound, while 600 horse power ain't shit for a big block it works quite well on a small little outboard.
You TeHMMMM??? & no mention of me??? :confused: That hurts! :( Maybe its time to head over to the v-drive arena?? :p

Kim Hanson
11-01-2002, 08:21 PM
You te,what you trying to get going here. I agree with you though, 600 hp ob will spank the best of them.Are you trying to sand bag them with your boat..LMAO....( . )( . ).... :D :D :D :D :D :D

You Te
11-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Kim,
I not trying to start anything, I'm just throwing out a little food for thought.
You Te

MAXIMUS
11-02-2002, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kim Hanson:
[QB]You te,what you trying to get going here. I agree with you though, 600 hp ob will spank the best of them.Are you trying to sand bag them with your boat..LMAO....
If they made a reliable 600 hp outboard (no dental gas) I would own one! That would be very impressive! On gas is also very impressive however not long term enough for me! I hate running out of juice when your in the middle of a good spankin!

Kim Hanson
11-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Maximus..I have only had my 325 horsepower outboard and it will go at least 90 mph that was when I stopped,if you got me in the 1/4.I would own you after that.......( . )( . )... :p :D http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/untitled2.JPG

Kim Hanson
11-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Maximus..I have only had my 325 horsepower outboard and it will go at least 90 mph that was when I stopped,if you got me in the 1/4.I would own you after that.......( . )( . )... :p :D http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/untitled2.JPG

Kim Hanson
11-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Maximus..go into Bench Racer and find Speed-Kim Hanson and last page bottom,look about 3/4 of the way down and Tom Brown did some videos of it this summer.It just didn't last long this summer over stupid little shit......( . )( . )... :D

You Te
11-02-2002, 07:36 PM
Maximus,
The beauty of n2o is you don't have to use it all the time. So the motors can last. I have friends that run Merc drag motors and n2o, and they generally get about 4 seasons before they need a rebuild.
Kim,
Our home board has been a little wild this last week huh.
You Te

MAXIMUS
11-03-2002, 07:32 AM
You Te & Kim... I know what you are saying & I agree! However we would not be having fun with out some friction. I have run gas on my cars & it is with out a doubt a very good tool! My main reason for stating that I have never found a fast outboard was not to talk smack. I really thought that "most" outboards were screamers! You can imagine beating a "fast looking" outboard with a good running jet & being suprised. I never lost a race & I'm talking top end. Now I'm not saying all outboards are slow. It just seems that I should have been spanked & never was? Kim I'm sure your boat is a very good running boat! You Te or Uncle Tom :) Your boat is apperantly a screamer! It sounds very impressive! You also know what it takes to make it happen! Not an overnight project huh? lol Hats off to anybody willing to spend the time & dedication on their piece. Puts you a notch above the guy at the boat dealer with a check book in hand! :rolleyes:

MAXIMUS
11-03-2002, 07:51 AM
Kim I saw the page with all the pictures. Is there a video in there?? I Looked but didn't see anything??

Kim Hanson
11-03-2002, 09:38 AM
You Te..it sure has been crazy around there and it don't look like it is going to stop for awhile...( . )( . )........
Maximus..yes about 3/4 the way down on the left side it is a picture, just click on it.............( . )( . )........ :D

You Te
11-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Maximus,
There are some fast stock outboards out there, not very many on the west coast.
A lot of guys talk about 100+ mph boats, and while it is true 100 mph is 100 mph but the first one that gets there is the winner, at least in a drag type race.
You may have raced outboard guys that had big props for top end and if you had a strong jet with a drag race type impeller and could only top out in the 80's then you beat them.
It's true, not all outboard's are quick and fast and not all jet's are quick and fast, however there are those few recreational Jet's and outboards that are worthy of the 100+ 1/4 mile runs.
We all know Jet's make 170 mph pass, but I've yet to see one running up and down the rivers or lakes, what I'm saying is yes, jets can kick an outboards ass in the 1/4 mile, but that's a full race and on the track type thing.
You Te wink

MAXIMUS
11-03-2002, 05:17 PM
True..True!!! Well its kinda sad now.... that the chit has to stop?? It was fun! I guess we all can "just get along". :) I will have to start spending more time at havasu barney I guess? :confused: Seems like all the real racers are there?
Also uncle tom how often do you get to parker??
Do you go during winter??

Kim Hanson
11-03-2002, 05:32 PM
that the chit has to stop?? It was fun! I guess we all can "just get along".
This is getting along I thought, now you guys have me all ****ed up...LMAO...( . )( . )... :p :D

You Te
11-03-2002, 05:55 PM
Maximus,
Sometimes I go to Parker or Havasu in the winter.
I do testing at Lake Elsinore year round and sometimes Puddingstone.
Kim, did you get the motor fixed yet?
You Te

Kim Hanson
11-03-2002, 06:59 PM
Ya, just have to go get it and I'am going this next weekend to get it. How is your boat doing?........( . )( . )........ wink :D

You Te
11-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Kim.
I'm doing some testing with the injectors in front of the reeds, seems good on the trailer.
I'm ready for the lake but don't have time right now. As soon as I see how that works I'm going to try Wayne Taylors or Tony B's ECU system.
You Te

LVjetboy
11-05-2002, 12:45 AM
Maximus, you gettin' soft? Wanna strap on a beater instead of your jet? You foldin' here bro? Compromise's for politicians.
Kim, "...you guys have me all ****ed up" <You guys> Excuse me, but jet's have always RULED and weedwacker's have ALWAYS sucked. How's that for a freakin' attitude adjustment? Sorry for the confusion.
You Te, just back from Coors Finals and only saw one lame O/B. Maybe he wasn't really racin' either? Where's the rest of your buddies? 1/4 mile no fair to O/B's?
jer

You Te
11-05-2002, 07:23 AM
LVjetboy,
You are speaking of the Shaw Brothers and they ain't racers, they is circus monkeys.
The fast outboards run ODBA.
Jet boats, all that horse power, what a waste.
You Te

Kim Hanson
11-06-2002, 07:07 PM
LVjetboy..freakin' attitude adjustment! You have it all wrong,Jets blow it out there ass end and OB'S blow it out there ass too! We just don,t need all that power to spank the " Shit " out of your squirt boats, so ****ing there!Jets Rule when no one is on the lake.. :p .....( . )( . )..........

LVjetboy
11-07-2002, 01:26 AM
Kim, your point well-taken. Jets do need that excess power. But unlike others posting...I do not concede. Total excess in power reigns supreme!
Just back from the drags and there is nothing, I repeat nothing rivaling the savage excess in power and pure gut wrenching ear deafening thrill of the top nitro fueler running the 1/4!
When an O/B can match that...I'll be interested.
jer

MAXIMUS
11-07-2002, 07:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LVjetboy:
[QB]Maximus, you gettin' soft? Wanna strap on a beater instead of your jet? You foldin' here bro? Compromise's for politicians.
No... just didn't have anything constructive left to add? I know there will not be a strap on that can touch me when I'm done... period!!!! Maybe after a 2 mile run when I'm out of fuel!!! :p I have a secret weapon??? shhhh its a jet!!!! :D lmao
that should stir it up again!

You Te
11-07-2002, 08:52 AM
Aii I can add guys, is, when I can run a top fueler up and down the lake all day on the gas I can carry then I'll be interested.
You Te

MAXIMUS
11-07-2002, 10:33 AM
You Te:
Aii I can add guys, is, when I can run a top fueler up and down the lake all day on the gas I can carry then I'll be interested.
You TeI might be able to interest you if you could settle for gas instead? wink

LVjetboy
11-07-2002, 12:36 PM
How about ski behind a top fueler? Seems like I remember a dude that did it once with pictures in HBM? Crazy!!!

You Te
11-07-2002, 02:34 PM
Sorry guy's
You could not pay me enough to drive a top fueler.
You Te