PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Race Motors

snappertapper
10-02-2002, 08:47 AM
Does anybody have pics of a yamaha race motor, just curious to see one.

HavasuDreamin'
10-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Do you get Hot Boat Mag? If so, check through the ones with PROP coverage, there is a PROP boat that runs a Yamaha. It looks pretty bad ass! If you don't get the magazine, check the internet for a PROP web site. They might have some pictures of the Yamaha boat. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one serious Hi-Po Yamaha dealer in the states and they are out of Colorado.
:cool:

27mtrcougar
10-02-2002, 03:27 PM
i believe hydro-teck is hi-pro yamaha too out of nixa mo,near springfield.

TOBTEK
10-02-2002, 04:25 PM
27mtrcougar:
i believe hydro-teck is hi-pro yamaha too out of nixa mo,near springfield.27MTR....how do you like your 300x's. Have you had any problems or issue's? Have one comming soon, just curious....thanks

27mtrcougar
10-02-2002, 06:48 PM
so far so good tobek,not mixing the gas and oil is so nice and so much cheaper to run.the motors are very strong.only thing i have heard you have to watch out for is starting the motor when trimed all the way down the exhaust fumes back up and play tricks with the computer and you could fowl out your plugs,i heard about this from a few guys.sparkplugs.com have good prices about 4.70 apice most dealers will tell you $18 to $24 apice bucks (no joke) that would hurt buying 12.what did you decide on 22 mach?when will it be ready.im kindy thinken of downsizing just had a baby girl.maby a v-bottom io.dam somebody slap me lol.

TOBTEK
10-02-2002, 07:09 PM
27mtrcougar:
so far so good tobek,not mixing the gas and oil is so nice and so much cheaper to run.the motors are very strong.only thing i have heard you have to watch out for is starting the motor when trimed all the way down the exhaust fumes back up and play tricks with the computer and you could fowl out your plugs,i heard about this from a few guys.sparkplugs.com have good prices about 4.70 apice most dealers will tell you $18 to $24 apice bucks (no joke) that would hurt buying 12.what did you decide on 22 mach?when will it be ready.im kindy thinken of downsizing just had a baby girl.maby a v-bottom io.dam somebody slap me lol.Thanks for the feedback, At $20.00 for each plug that would get expensive quick! Yes, we are getting a new 03 22footer, they are starting it this next week and will be ready for the boat show in LA. Im pretty excited about a brandnew boat and having premix will be nice. last boat had a 2.5, mixing fuel isnt that big of a deal but im sure I wont miss it at all!It wont do 100mph but thats ok also....cant wait :D

snappertapper
10-03-2002, 04:51 AM
what is hydra-tecks website if they have one?

27mtrcougar
10-03-2002, 07:01 PM
snapper i found their number but did not list a website. hydro tec boating center,nixa,mo 417-725-5746.i know they use to be high performance but im going back 5 years.they built the motors for the prop team.

Fast Old Guy
10-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Yamaha does not build race motors. You will find a Yamaha powerhead on a Merc midsection and #6 SSM gearcase. They seem to be fairly competitive, but do not seem to last for Formula 1 racing. Too many RPM for too long.

snappertapper
10-15-2002, 08:00 AM
Found the site it is www.hydrotecmarine.com (http://www.hydrotecmarine.com)