PDA

View Full Version : Klotz oil mix for outboards

sandsnake
08-20-2002, 02:20 PM
I currently have an 175 hp Mercury on the back of a 19ft deck boat. I have read here once in a while, someone will mention Klotz mix. Has anybody ever used Klotz mix in an outboard or can you use it. we currently use it in our 2 cycle off road bikes, but I didn't know if we could use it on outboards. Can anyone out there share any information on this. If we could use it I would perfer to because of the way the engines run with it. They run so much better with Klotz, at least thats been our experience.

Screaming Pete
08-20-2002, 02:36 PM
I'm Sure you can run it I know many people running it in thier 2.5 offshores and alike the only down side i know is cost $25.00 a gallon for a low poformance is a bit rich but if all the 2 strokes you own a running the same thing thats a bouns

TOBTEK
08-20-2002, 03:07 PM
last boat had a 2.5 Merc. I tried using all kinds of different oils. from Merc-YamalubeR, The best I found was Synergyn(spelling?) didnt smoke at all, boat ran great and clean. I found it on scaryfast.com website. Its made for high performance outboards, try it, you will like it! And no I dont work for them... :D

HavasuDreamin'
08-21-2002, 12:25 PM
I run Klotz KL-333 (synthetic) lube in my 2.4 bridgeport. I run 32:1 and have nothing but excellent things to say about it. I turn 7,200 - 7,500 RPM. You see a lot of formula one racers with Klotz stickers on the side of their boats. That should speak volumes about it. My engine builder who was an ex F-1 racer swears by it. You can order off their web site at www.klotzlube.com (http://www.klotzlube.com)
Good Luck

TOBTEK
08-21-2002, 01:25 PM
HavasuDreamin':
I run Klotz KL-333 (synthetic) lube in my 2.4 bridgeport. I run 32:1 and have nothing but excellent things to say about it. I turn 7,200 - 7,500 RPM. You see a lot of formula one racers with Klotz stickers on the side of their boats. That should speak volumes about it. My engine builder who was an ex F-1 racer swears by it. You can order off their web site at www.klotzlube.com (http://www.klotzlube.com)
Good LuckI was told that KLOTZ was to thick and makes 2.4L Merc's hard to start!......J/K H/Dreaming couldnt help it :D atleast you have a boat, im still a loser/boatless

HavasuDreamin'
08-21-2002, 01:29 PM
:D wink

Cactus Jack
09-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Just make sure you use the o/b oil instead of the motorcycle oil. I have heard nothing but good things about klotz but I like the convenience of buying Penzoil 100% synthetic at walmart for $19.99 a gallon. It works good but does smoke more than some other oils.
Hey, TobTek, how much is that synergen oil cost per gallon? The no-smoke part sounds good to me.

rude235
09-08-2002, 10:48 AM
have you tried amsoil? i use it and love it. it smokes less than the evinrude stuff. i also use their lower unit oil, and wheel bearing grease. great stuff! their full synthetic 2-cycle oil is only $17.80 per gallon. i'd love to hear from you and anyone else who'd like to know about amsoil. if you haven't figured it out, i am a dealer. my email address is jdirig4703@aol.com.
[ September 08, 2002, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: rude235 ]