PDA

View Full Version : 2 CHOPPERS

cavey lavey
03-13-2002, 06:45 PM
23 HILL CHOPPER AND A 24 MAZCO RE 4 SALE BOTH IN GREAT SHAPE, WEST LA. AREA, AROUND $300 EACH.

bilDewey
04-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Cavey Lavey,
What prop are you running on your Sebring?
I've tried about 10 different props and the best I've found so far is a 24" small hub Trophy. I've got a 25" Tempest that I think will be faster, but I've not been able to hang it out yet.
Dewey

cavey lavey
04-16-2002, 03:56 PM
HEY BIL, IM RUNNING A MAZCO RE 24 PITCH. BUT ITS A ROUND EAR CHOPPER WITCH IS A BOW RAISING PROP,MY SETBACK GIVES ME NATURAL BOW LIFT. CHOPPERS MORE TUNED FOR V HULLS THAT NEED BOW LIFT. RUNNING LOW 80S AT 7300 RPM. ON A GOOD RUN. IM LOOKING FOR A 24 PITCH LIGHTNING ET. ITS A TRANSOM RAISING PROP TO KEEP THAT TUNNELSOMEWHAT FLAT AND THE AIR PACKED UNDERNETH. HOPE TO FIND ONE BEFORE I MAKE THE RIVER.

cavey lavey
04-16-2002, 04:03 PM
O YA, THE SMALL HUB TROPHY IS SOMEWHAT VENTELATED. IS THE TEMPEST VENTELATED? IF YOUR IN THE LA. AREA YOUR WELCOME TO TRY THIS 23 CHOPPER THAT I HAVE 4 SALE. THE EARS ARE SLIGHTLY CUPPED. FOR A NOSE HEAVY TUNNEL I USED TO HAVE.

bilDewey
04-17-2002, 07:09 AM
I tried a 24" Mazco RE4 and it didn't work too good. I have a 22" chopper at home, but it need to be reworked and then I may try it and see what happens. I have a wife and kid wit all of the crap that goes with it, so the holeshot is still important.
How much setback you running? I have a 16" transon bracket with an additional 4" from the land & Sea jack plate.. Gives me a total of 20". Are you running a sportmaster lower unit?

bilDewey
04-17-2002, 07:11 AM
BTW, I have a 20.8 Sebring with a 98' 2.5 efi.

cavey lavey
04-17-2002, 03:43 PM
ya the same 20.8 with a 97 2.5 efi sport lower unit g force exaust. hey r u interested in some land and sea heads?

bilDewey
04-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Not if they require race gas. I'm a pump gas only kind guy nowadays. I've run race gas in all of my boats for the past 10 years and its nice to pull up to the local Chevron and fill er up.
You didn't mention you setback or propshaft height? Proprietary mixture? Just kidding. I'm always interested in what works on other rigs like ours. In regards to your ? about the Tempest, yes, it is ventilated and it makes a big difference which plugs you have in it. With no plugs it does okay on the hole shot and carries the bow really well. If I put the plugs in, it bogs the motor. I need to play around with it and see what happens with the plugs in at different propshaft heights and see what that does.
How's your holeshot?
[This message has been edited by bilDewey (edited April 18, 2002).]

cavey lavey
04-18-2002, 09:39 PM
sucks if i dont dump the motor down, early mid to top is great, but ive got 2 more rpms to work with hopefully the et will help.