PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 21 skater?

stoneman
10-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Anyone have or know of a good 21 skater for sale?
Thanks Stoney!

mbrown2
10-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Try the following links:
www.screamandfly.com (http://www.screamandfly.com) (check the forums for boats over 21')
www.offshoreonly.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com) (check classifieds)
www.boattrader.com (http://www.boattrader.com) (couple of 21's in there now)
Also, if you are interested. I can send you the info of someone who might be interested in selling his. I test his up in Seattle earlier this year. It was a white 90 with a 97 2.5 O/S. It was pretty clean and pretty fast..I just wanted something newer and they don't make the 21' anymore.
Another option is to look at the 21' Lightning; they are made in Sarasota, Fl and are a splash of the Skater 21. I test drove one of them also, and they have made improvements on the bottom with an additional lifting strake, so the boat has more lift than the original skater and does not hunt at lower speeds. If I was getting a 21' I would definitely look at the Lightning mini cat 21'. It will handle the rough better than a DCB Mach 22, Cougar 22, or Eliminator 22 hands down, and will drive better than the old Skater 21. The Lightning, nor the Skater were rigged to the level of a DCB, but both are fast and fun rides...You can find used Skaters for anywhere between 15K-30K...A brand new Lightning will go for 39K-42K with a 2.5 or Promax 300. Talk to John at Lightning; he was a pretty good guy...just had my heart set on a bigger cat.

flyinbrian
10-17-2002, 12:00 PM
mbrown2:
You can find used Skaters for anywhere between 15K-30K....That is with a single motor.
I have a friend selling his 21 with twin fresh 2.5 Offshore's here in Ohio. It runs 120 and out accelerates just about anything. I think he is looking to get low 30's out of it. You will not find one cleaner out there. It has been very well kept, indoors always, freshwater only, etc.
He has it listed in the classifieds at offshoreonly.com

mbrown2
10-17-2002, 12:12 PM
flyinbrian:
mbrown2:
You can find used Skaters for anywhere between 15K-30K....That is with a single motor.
I am sure your friend's is clean...I think his is the one that was rigged from the factory for twins (1 of 4 ever made), but there is one with twins in the boattrader now for 28K and I have seen them with twins for as low as 24k just 3 months ago when I was looking.

stoneman
10-18-2002, 03:28 AM
Hey MBROWN!Thanks for your input!I met john with
Lightning power boats in FL this year at the radical boat reunion,he is a nice guy.I also talked with the guy in ohio about his 21 skater,
the color didn't excite me"grey/white"nor did the
32,000 price tag.I guess i'am looking for something in the low to mid 20's.I may need to look into the 21 lightning,there were two of them at the RBR and didn't think to ask john for a test ride. Thanks Stoney!

flyinbrian
10-18-2002, 04:30 AM
His is spotless and very low hour freshwater motors, I would guess that is why he's asking more than some others. You are correct though, I bought a 24 Skater that is just as clean as his 21 for much less. Granted, I don't have the nice new 2.5's, but clamp ons are easy to change and there is nothing wrong with my original 2.4s.
I found mine on boattraderonline.com an hour after he put the ad on the net. I called him the second I read the ad and saw the cheap price. The boat was 600 miles away, so I finished that day of work and left to go take a look that evening. I brought the money, but I figured it would be a piece of chit with the low price.
It turned out to be a gem and I lucked into the boat I have always wanted for a price I dreamt of.
Keep looking Stoneman, the great deal is out there, just take your time and keep looking.

mbrown2
10-18-2002, 10:12 AM
stoneman:
Hey MBROWN!Thanks for your input!I met john with
Lightning power boats in FL this year at the radical boat reunion,he is a nice guy.I also talked with the guy in ohio about his 21 skater,
the color didn't excite me"grey/white"nor did the
32,000 price tag.I guess i'am looking for something in the low to mid 20's.I may need to look into the 21 lightning,there were two of them at the RBR and didn't think to ask john for a test ride. Thanks Stoney!Stoney,
You have a email with the info and pics of the Skater in Seattle and Lightning which John is trying to sell currently on Scream and Fly.
[ October 18, 2002, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Stupid Fast
10-18-2002, 09:12 PM
flyinbrian:
mbrown2:
I have a friend selling his 21 with twin fresh 2.5 Offshore's here in Ohio. It runs 120 and out accelerates just about anything. I think he is looking to get low 30's out of it. You will not find one cleaner out there. It has been very well kept, indoors always, freshwater only, etc.
He has it listed in the classifieds at offshoreonly.comIs it the white one that can be seen at alum, and buckeye lake?
If so, It is very nice!