PDA

View Full Version : Anyone?

HowardFlat
10-19-2007, 09:05 AM
So does anyone still ski on an old Vogue?

skeeinfreak
10-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I was just given one of those ski's in the original case...It's like brand new but I havent ridden it yet...

obnoxious001
10-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I have one of the first original Vogue concave skis in the rafters. I recall getting it for $60 with full fixed custom bindings and a bag. Only thing I ever did to it was take it apart and have the aluminum anodized blue to match the stripes, and the fin black hard anodized, still has the original bindings.
I have a Maha 360 that I have skied on for years now.

FASTJTBT
10-20-2007, 01:32 PM
We have a few in our shed at Mead seems my father knew Sam and he would get a few from time to time. Endos in belmont shores has a few on the wall

skeeinfreak
10-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I have one of the first original Vogue concave skis in the rafters. I recall getting it for $60 with full fixed custom bindings and a bag. Only thing I ever did to it was take it apart and have the aluminum anodized blue to match the stripes, and the fin black hard anodized, still has the original bindings.
I have a Maha 360 that I have skied on for years now.
Hey is that Maha one of the wooden ones with the rubber nose cover??? I have one of those too :cool:

skeeinfreak
10-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey is that Maha one of the wooden ones with the rubber nose cover??? I have one of those too :cool:
The Vogue that I have is prob an early 70's i'm guessin..... The bag is like brand new and so is the ski! :D

HowardFlat
10-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Sam was my grandfather. I have 27 skis from various years. I have 10 square backs and 2 race skis that never had bindings on them. I'm sure the race skis were built in the mid to late 70's and the square backs are probably late 70's early 80's. still look brand new.

obnoxious001
10-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I forgot I had a Vogue race ski that I had purchased used at some point, and then resold some years later.
I have to guess the first Vogue concave skis were made around 68, 69,, possibly 1970?

skeeinfreak
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Sam was my grandfather. I have 27 skis from various years. I have 10 square backs and 2 race skis that never had bindings on them. I'm sure the race skis were built in the mid to late 70's and the square backs are probably late 70's early 80's. still look brand new.
Hey...I was just curious....did you ever know a guy named Rob Nemethy? I went to school with him years ago and if I recall correctly...I thought he had a relative or someone that had something to do with Vogue ski's.......:confused:

HowardFlat
10-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Well I know Earl "Bud" Nemethy. He passed away a couple of years ago. I would guess Bud was his dad. Bud was a great guy. He did all the upholstery work at Vogue Marine when my grandparents owned it.

skeeinfreak
10-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Well I know Earl "Bud" Nemethy. He passed away a couple of years ago. I would guess Bud was his dad. Bud was a great guy. He did all the upholstery work at Vogue Marine when my grandparents owned it.
I do believe that was his Dad...not sure...Anyway, Rob was my age (46 now) But I beleive he succumbed to cancer a year or two after we graduated High School. We graduated in 1979 from Charter Oak High School in Covina, Ca.. I went to school with Rob way back into 7th grade....He was a great guy... very,very friendly! :)