PDA

View Full Version : Morse Forward-Reverse Cables

Costello
05-06-2002, 10:17 AM
Being that I'm a V-Drive guy, and the last time my family had a jet I was 11 years old, I have a question. What are the differences between Morse 33 and 43 cables? Is it just the length? I have to replace one today and just need to find out the differences.

SoCalPower
05-06-2002, 11:12 AM
33c has 10-32 thread on each end, uses clamp to anchor cable.
43C has 1/4-28 thread on each end, uses clamp to anchor cable.
43BC has 1/4-28 thread on each end and has larger bulkhead type connection on one end for anchoring cable.
All three types are used for jet drive fwd/rev control. You need to give your cable supplier the make and model of jet. He/She should know what you need...........

Old Charger
05-06-2002, 11:12 AM
I believe its the overall diameter of the cable. The 43 should be a larger cable. I imagine they are used for different apps. The 33 is used for stuff like the reverse bucket and the 43 for steering... I think..

Costello
05-06-2002, 12:25 PM
Thank you guys. The difference then apparently are the ends. I think I have seen these types in different lengths now that you clarified what the difference is Socal.

GM Killer
05-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Costello where you been? Havent seen you or Guru for a while.

Costello
05-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Hello Killer. I've been around here. I am making the 13 hour tow to the Regatta to see your FORD powered GM Killer. Time to get the race hype going again! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif To Socal and Charger, It was a 14' 43BC. I thought I might have to do some figuring it out, but the markings in the cable were still legible. This is for a 18' Nordic Bubbledeck that my folks just picked up for $3500. 55 original hours on the boat. Nice piece for the money. This cable and the rub rail (already replaced) is the only problem I can see. I'm sure there will be a few more when it gets on the water, that's usually how it goes.