PDA

View Full Version : vacuum ports

cncer691
05-18-2002, 06:17 AM
I need a vacuum port for my pcv. I am running race carb w/o any vacuum ports, so can I use 1 of the ports on my Performer intake? It looks like it has 3, 2 near the middle and 1 half-way down a runner. I really don't feel like buying a carb spacer right now, I am too busy putting myself in a hole on other boat parts right now.

apollo74
05-18-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by cncer691:
I need a vacuum port for my pcv. I am running race carb w/o any vacuum ports, so can I use 1 of the ports on my Performer intake? It looks like it has 3, 2 near the middle and 1 half-way down a runner. I really don't feel like buying a carb spacer right now, I am too busy putting myself in a hole on other boat parts right now.
yep you can use one on the manifold, they used to always be hooked to the manifold in the center behind the carb

MikeF
05-18-2002, 11:11 AM
C691, How big is the cam you're using? Will have a affect on the PCV operation. Extra lean to 1 cylinder.....I don't think you want that! Mike

cncer691
05-18-2002, 11:34 AM
It is the stock cam. I was wondering about it leaning out. I really should buy the carb spacer, I guess.

MikeF
05-18-2002, 03:16 PM
C, As long as you have 18"+/- vacuum @ idle then you should not have a problem. The valve part of the PCV gets sucked into a idle (normal) position. If the cam is radical, the PCV will bypass too much air...leading to a leaner condition. Bzzzzzzz

HOSS
05-20-2002, 06:20 PM
I would opt for the spacer with port. You will lean that cylinder. I think. Maybe it would be too rich. I`ve really never tried. But I don`t see how it would work right on one cylinder.
[This message has been edited by HOSS (edited May 20, 2002).]