PDA

View Full Version : Froggy Whats Up

Licketty Split
05-31-2002, 07:24 AM
Froggy wheres our prices on those place diverters we are dye'n here http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

DirtyBob
06-01-2002, 02:23 PM
I found a manual set up for $585.00 at www.jetboatperformance.com (http://www.jetboatperformance.com)
I haven't spoke to anyone about a group deal or anything; as advertised.
Originally posted by Licketty Split:
Froggy wheres our prices on those place diverters we are dye'n here http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by DirtyBob (edited June 01, 2002).]

propless
06-01-2002, 05:58 PM
You'll find Jet Boat Performance professional & something rather unique now'a days - a real desire to help AFTER the sale as well, what a concept!!
They provided not only very competitive prices but help after the fact, very few establishments provide that today.
When buying anything, think about this for a second, what "most" oftens gets someone to buy a car from the same dealer again?? The SERVICE they received while they owned it, not the salesperson.
It's time to party!!

ChetCapoli
06-01-2002, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by propless:
[B]You'll find Jet Boat Performance professional & something rather unique now'a days - a real desire to help AFTER the sale as well, what a concept!!
propless,
you really killin me here with this...are you the new era of "cheerleader" on here? It's a nice breath of fresh air but still.You called maybe 2 or 3 shops and only THAT one helped you??? Come on! I just can't believe it's as bad as you say it is. I'll ask you one more time, who did you call cuz you obviously didnt call around enough to back up your claim in my mind. Those guys i mentioned in that last thread about this would just about bend over backwards(some of them literally) to help you out. This is a FACT! I see no mention of you calling them so what's the deal? As i said before, if you guys dont look into aggressor's diverter, your leaving something on the table. It's cheaper, faster,has more options and is just as nice as the place, PERIOD.
Chet
Chet
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited June 01, 2002).]

riodog
06-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Chet good buddy, I'm really not trying to provoke a "flame fest" here -BUT- and this is just "cuz inquiring minds want to know", did you ever stop to think, knowing full well how most people are sick-to-death of your ranting about Aggressor Pumps, that YOU might be doing a HUGE disservice to the product that you are so actively supporting? Did YOU ever think to ask Aggressor Dave if he wanted, needed, or even appreciated YOUR endorsement? Food for thought.
Riodog aka M.W. Fulton
P.S. Don't bother 'starting in' on me cuz as long as he's rid of one H.B. I'm all for him.

Hydro-Thunder
06-03-2002, 05:17 AM
Chet if you want to post like this do it in the Jet Talk forum not there this forum is for tech talk only.

DirtyBob
06-03-2002, 05:33 AM
I found it here also, but I think this price is just for the nozzle, no controls > http://www.boatpartcentral.com/mcart/index.cgi?ID=IUP9SQ&task=show&cat=Place+Diverters

froggystyle
06-03-2002, 09:33 AM
Waiting on a call right now....

propless
06-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Dear ole ChetCapoli:
After inquiring on this board about what would be the best rig for my boat, Place Diverter stood out based on the comments I received, so I searched out for a Place Diverter. I have never once bashed a competitor's product, not once!
I will be the first to sound off if I'm not pleased with a product or a supplier, but I feel it is only fair to share the positive aspects of a product or supplier, wouldn't you.
I have found the Place Diverter a real asset to my boat (as many of the posters have as well), and found my experience with jetboatperformance.com even more rewarding.
I have simply shared my experience with those on this board who "may" find my comments of value, since I found "their" comments of value in my search.
Like TV, switch the channel or ignore my post
Life is to short for games my friend, happy boating Chet -

ChetCapoli
06-04-2002, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by riodog:
[B]Chet good buddy, I'm really not trying to provoke a "flame fest" here -BUT- and this is just "cuz inquiring minds want to know"
geez...away from this a couple days and looky, looky...old M.W. blesses me with his presence. Just for the record, my address is around for all to see and if there was a dilemma here, i would think certain people would let me know about my "problem" posts dont you think? I'm flattered that you think i have that much "pull" though. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif Anything else you want to know??? I dont care what the product is, if it's just as good if not better and it's cheaper, dont you think MOST if not ALL people would want to know about it? Ignorance is bliss they say and there sure is enought of it around here. BTW, just what kind of boat do you have and what parts might you have on it...i cant seem to recall. Mind?
Hydro,
thanks for the advice. Too bad i'm not the reason for the "other" forum. I never once use vulgar language or any of the other prerequesites that prompted the creation of another forum so.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Now for ole propless,
Place stood out eh?? I bet you didnt even know there were other's out there did ya? If you did, mind tellin what they are? Last i knew, i'm basically the only one here with something else other than a place diverter and has said something about it. For some reason no one is listening though. I didn't know mentioning comparable products(especially monopolized products) at better prices is a bad thing.... again, it's what we all look for right? Anyways, all i originally asked from you was for the names of shops who you called that gave you all this bad service that you have been ranting about just because i was wondering....simple question, hard answer must be. Maybe part of your "life is too short for games" motto?? Just seems strange you didnt call the shops right in your back yard for some reason.
time to switch the channel
CC aka ChetCapoli

froggystyle
06-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Hey Chet,
I was in Tijuana over the weekend, and saw something that reminded me of you. There was this shop with sunglasses and watches for sale. The sunglasses looked just like Oakley's and Arnettes etc... and the watches looked damn near exactly like Rolex's and Tag Heuers. The time was accurate on all of them, and they appeared durable. Hell, one of the girls we were with swore by the pair of "Ray Bans" she got from them last time, said they kept the sun out very well. I smiled through my real Arnettes, and checked my Citizen Aqua-Land watch for time and laughed out loud, realizing that some people are happy with cheaper knock-offs of an original design.
Squirts up bro.

froggystyle
06-05-2002, 10:47 AM
For everyone else... I have a new vendor who is cutting me a price as we speak (11:46 AM PST) and should have an answer today. This is looking promising, and CP is now all but out of the deal.
That is the last time I back them up when they start getting slammed for customer service.
Squirts up (hopefully soon!)
Wes

Hydro-Thunder
06-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Chet I realize that you are not the sole reason for the jet talk forum but the fact is that this is not the place to dispute what others think if you have a belief state it and do not argue with what other people think. I happen to agree with you on a lot of things I also run an aggresser "A" and LOVE it. The point is this area is for tech questions only.

froggystyle
06-05-2002, 01:24 PM
OK, we got some prices, but I am still trying to beat them up a little.

HBjet
06-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
As i said before, if you guys dont look into aggressor's diverter, your leaving something on the table. It's cheaper, faster,has more options and is just as nice as the place. Chet
So how much faster, and what are the options?
Last i knew, i'm basically the only one here with something else other than a place diverter
Not just here, but on any body of water where you find jet boats. I'm sure there are a few others that have them, but the majority of jet boaters go with the original, Place.
So Chet, how long has Aggressors diverter been for sale?
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited June 05, 2002).]

ChetCapoli
06-05-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by froggystyle:
Hey Chet,
I smiled through my real Arnettes, and checked my Citizen Aqua-Land watch for time and laughed out loud, realizing that some people are happy with cheaper knock-offs of an original design.
Squirts up bro.
Hey rich boy,
not to get off jets but there are $200 sieko's that keep time better than a true rolex..just like there are some fake rolex'es that only the factory would be able to tell you were fake. Reason i know is because i have a freind who is a jeweler and he sold a $5K rolex(what he thought was) to a customer and a year later when it was sent in to the factory for repair it was confirmed "fake". My bud said he's never seen anyting like it and had to return the $5 grand. Anyways, Why would you "laugh out loud" knowing you paid more for just a name? Does the same go for dominator, A/T and legend when comparing them to berkeley?? BTW, have you ever seen the "other" diverter??? If i had to put my money were my mouth is, i'd say you haven't. Enlighten me if you dont mind.
Chet

RiverToysJas
06-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Hell, one of the girls we were with swore by the pair of "Ray Bans" she got from them last time, said they kept the sun out very well.
I'll have to say those Mexicans make really nice Ray Bans! I got my last two pair there, the first was much better than the second but both were great glasses. Right down to RB in the lens.
RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

ChetCapoli
06-05-2002, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HBjet:
Not just here, but on any body of water where you find jet boats. I'm sure there are a few others that have them, but the majority of jet boaters go with the original, Place.
So Chet, how long has Aggressors diverter been for sale?
HBjet
I got mine about a year and half ago when they first came out. I should have waited for the oildyne pump they have now instead of the bennett which i got. Eliminates the solenoids and has less of a current draw which results in a faster up/down time.Pump is rated for more pressure i gather also.
They go with the original place because they are not aware of any others out there dont you think hb??? I told you of the options last time and since everyone is tired of my "cheerleading" i'll spare them. You can look it up though which i'm sure you will.
Originally posted by KenF:
Never used one, but did look one over real close last winter. Great looking unit. They seem to have put in a little more thought into their product before production. Swivel joints do no impede water flow as place diverter does, as water is funneled into the joint rather than against it.
hey rich boy,
i think this guy has a fake rolex for sale, maybe you're interested?? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited June 05, 2002).]

froggystyle
06-06-2002, 07:41 AM
BTW Chet, I "operate" with a $50 G-shock, and wear the $80 Arnettes because they are polarized for water use... something the fakes are not. The Citizen was a Christmas gift from my wife so I did not need to buy a second dive computer, and was $300.
I didn't draw any correlations between Tijuana Ray-Bans and Aggressor... only mentioned that when I saw cheaper fakes I thought of you... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

ROZ
06-06-2002, 08:10 AM
hey rich boy,
i think this guy has a fake rolex for sale, maybe you're interested?? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited June 05, 2002).]
You gota problem with Molex Watches? Mine works great http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
P.S. The Tag Herrera works just fine, too http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

froggystyle
06-06-2002, 10:41 AM
So sweet! They look good with the Phonets!

jordanpaulk
06-06-2002, 11:40 AM
So sweet! They look good with the Phonets!
I usually wear my Fakley's along with my Rolmex... http://216.40.201.38/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

77charger
06-06-2002, 03:27 PM
hey chet what is wrong with some one who is willing to put time and effort into a group purchase?If you have a problem with it why dont you do your own deal with aggressor?(btw aint knocking there product)as i have heard is does sound good.(nozzle changes)
Always seems there is always someone who thinks they can do better only to f up a good thing.
Froggy if i can order a smallrudder from place on this deal let me know.I'm in for this

froggystyle
06-06-2002, 06:14 PM
I'll ask for sure. I might have a rudder for you for free though. Give me a day to find out.
Wes

ChetCapoli
06-06-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 77charger:
hey chet what is wrong with some one who is willing to put time and effort into a group purchase?
Always seems there is always someone who thinks they can do better only to f up a good thing.
Listen charger,
If you can get a great price on a group PD purchase god bless ya and hat's off to ya. If I could get a PD cheaper than the "other" one i would have done it also. It didnt' happen just like i dont think this will happen. PD has been around for 25 years and they have long had the attitude of " take it or leave it, we are PLACE DIVERTER". He sets a price(which seems to go up every six months) because it's obvious(with guys like froggy around) he knows what he has and there hasnt' been any competiton for him above all until now so WHAT DOES OR SHOULD HE CARE. How you get a "group deal" with that kind of attitude?? Let me know if you would. I mentioned the "other" option just as a little help and for some competition maybe to get the price down for ya's. PLACE DIVERTER HAS PRICED THEMSELVES OUT OF THE MARKET. Great product but extremely expensive in my opinion. I'm the "best bang for the buck" kinda guy rememeber but with an attitude like froggy's, it's obvious it is all in vein here. The outcome of this will be interesting to say the least.
CHET
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited June 06, 2002).]

eliminatya
06-06-2002, 07:55 PM
oh yeah, well i have a bushwacker diverter, and it is the shit, you dont need nozzle inserts when you have a bushwacker with fins in the nozzle.