PDA

View Full Version : Interior molding

79Hawaiian
05-30-2002, 11:16 AM
I just finished reupholstering my boat and put in new carpet. There is a strip of molding all the way around the bottom lip of the hull under the dash that finishes off the fiberglass. It is old and looks like shit. I can't find it anywhere! Anyone have any ideas? It has a thin flexible aluminum back with plastic face. The one I have is a wood grain but I would like to find something either solid color or carbon fiber.
Thanks!

miller19j
05-30-2002, 11:35 AM
I just ordered an anodized aluminum strip from CP Performance they also had a plastic one if I remember correctly. I have not received yet but it looked good in the catalog.
You may want to give them a call
Best of luck!

spectratoad
05-30-2002, 11:51 AM
I am getting ready to purchase some from CP also. I think it needs to be riveted on and they said they no longer carry the rivets. That was the gold anodized though. Not sure of the other colors.

HavasuDreamin'
05-30-2002, 01:12 PM
I pulled mine of my 19' Daytona and had it powdercoated to match my bezels. Mine is aluminum. If you can't find what you are looking for at CP, you may want to try some custom boat shops near by. See if they will sell you some molding. I would think they would do that if you approach them with the ...........I have tried everything else, can you help me out.........attitude. Good Luck

e-ticket
05-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Have you tried L&L Marine (1-800-969-parts)?
The carry different sizes andodized bright, black, blue gold and red.

HBjet
05-31-2002, 01:15 AM
I just picked up a 12' blue piece for 12 bucks from Ultra Custom Boats today.
Try a boat shop/builder, they will have some for you, that is if they do there own rigging.
HBjet