PDA

View Full Version : Hit & Run on Lk Minnetonka, MN - Need help

Mn Howard Cat
07-23-2003, 08:37 PM
I was involved in a hit and run accident on Lake Minnetonka tonight (7/23) at about 7:30pm. I'm looking for a 30-something ft Formula with the green and yellow Formula-type paint job. The name of the boat is Soggy Dollar. The boat was being driven by a white male with dark hair and he was alone. We tracked him to Lord Fletcher's where he was seen leaving drunk. If anyone has any information on this person or boat please contact me either on the board or at mnhowardcat@hotmail.com.
It left severe damage to the transom. It's possibly totalled. Noone was hurt.
Thanks,
Don

Rexone
07-24-2003, 02:11 AM
I just don't understand the mentality behind this hit and run crap. hope you nail the bastard. frown

jockorace
07-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Don,
So sorry to hear about your accident. Just glad to hear no one was injured. I assume he damaged your boat enough that you couldn't chase him down.
I don't run on Minnetonka much anymore, simply because it's so crowded (and mostly BIG boats) and the 40mph speed limit.
Let me know if you form a 'Search Party' to find this guy. Would love to see this asshole caught.
Dave

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-25-2003, 04:36 AM
That lake is really going to shit. It is hard to go out there and not hear about something like this happening. It never used to be like this out there, or so it seems. I agree, it is really way too crowded for me lately. I used to like all the activity when I was younger, but lately it is getting old. Besides, with stuff like this happening, who really wants to be out there anyway?

mud duck
07-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Wow, That is some bad luck!! I knew it was crowded out there, but to actually get hit. I hope you catch the guy.
That "Boat Rage" accident out there over the 4th weekend; they are now claiming the dude's own boat drove over him and killed him. Not the guy he was arguing with. They are also talking about possible new regulations for mooring around the big island to create better access for the sheriff and EMT's.
Minnetonka boating is so peaceful. What a nice place to relax. :D

chub
07-25-2003, 06:47 PM
And I thought Havasu was the only place that kinda stuff occured. Hope you find the guy.

burbanite
07-25-2003, 08:11 PM
With the description you have you would think it would be a no brainer for the authorities to find him, after all, it's not like there are a million just like it.....
Keep us updated, sorry to hear about your misfortune, I imagine it will be resolved soon.

Mn Howard Cat
07-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the responses. They caught the guy. That's all I know for now.