PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' Wet Again(Chain-o-Lakes)

kphayes
04-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Going out again this Sunday(4/27). You guys ready yet? Water level is good, no bouy's(no no wakes), and the weater is supposed to be close to 70. Oh yeah, and the beers are going to be real cold.
kp"all about boating in April"hayes

kphayes
04-25-2003, 10:53 AM
I stand corrected. The bouy's are up.

superV
04-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Goibg out this weekend too! Will be the 5 outting of the year :D Have fun!

HavasuDreamin'
04-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Boat still ripped apart :( My gelcoating the floor project got pushed back one week. I am still shooting for Memorial Day weekend as the first outing.
Have fun.......and tip a few back for those who aren't out yet.
HD :cool:

kphayes
04-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Either of you two think you might make it up this way this summer? Not knowing where you are boating now, I think it would be worth a long weekend.(Thurs-Sun) It's no Havasu or LOTO but it's a good time. Thursday night races @ Blarney's then tearing it up Fri. & Sat. Lots of bars, resturants on the water. Then a mellow drive home on Sun. I would be more than happy to show you around.(if you never been on our Chain)
Kyle
[ April 25, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: kphayes ]

not guilty
04-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Got one motor pretty much rigged , the second still sits as a long block . Most of the re-wiring (ended up doing the whole D@#N boat!)is complete.Got the engine compartment 90 % done so should find time to set #1 in early next week .
Would look forward to a trip up that way this year,its only about 3 hrs.Is there ayplaces to stay on the water that are reasonable ?Or camping ?

Kilrtoy
04-26-2003, 11:35 PM
We want pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kphayes
04-28-2003, 07:58 AM
not guilty:
Got one motor pretty much rigged , the second still sits as a long block . Most of the re-wiring (ended up doing the whole D@#N boat!)is complete.Got the engine compartment 90 % done so should find time to set #1 in early next week .
Would look forward to a trip up that way this year,its only about 3 hrs.Is there ayplaces to stay on the water that are reasonable ?Or camping ? There are plenty of places to stay or camp. When your ready I'll research it for you and let you know where to go.

kphayes
04-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Kilrtoy:
We want pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get you some pics as soon as more peeps start going out and we see some skin. I know I owe you some pics, for posting the ones of your beautiful wife.

HavasuDreamin'
04-28-2003, 10:19 AM
kphayes:
Either of you two think you might make it up this way this summer? I'd like to say yes........but I should probably say I am not sure. :rolleyes: I don't know how it happens, but every year about this time I take a look at the calender and ask myself.....which weekends are "open" for boat trips where we can just "wing it" and go. After looking at the calender there are ususally between 0-2 weekends open........meaning we always have something going on.
My two big events that I have planned this year are Dale Hollow July 26-30 and the Rumble on the River August 8-10. Somewhere between early June and mid Sept. I will try to get a trip planned up there, but I can't guarantee anything.
KPhayes..........you planning on coming to Rumble on the River? It is a "Big" event just outside of Cincinnati. I heard there were about 165 boats last year. Peeps from all over the country are coming out for it. If you are at all interested, let me know and we will hook up! :cool:

kphayes
04-28-2003, 11:11 AM
HD-I know about the "No free weekends" deal. I told my wife not to make any plans this summer on Thursdays, Sat., & Sun. because I plan on being on the water.
I am seriously considering going to the "Rumble". I read about in HB and it sounds like a good time. I will have to let you know also. If we go I would definitly like to hook up & follow you down there.
Kyle

HavasuDreamin'
04-28-2003, 11:35 AM
kphayes:
HD-I know about the "No free weekends" deal. I told my wife not to make any plans this summer on Thursdays, Sat., & Sun. because I plan on being on the water.
I am seriously considering going to the "Rumble". I read about in HB and it sounds like a good time. I will have to let you know also. If we go I would definitly like to hook up & follow you down there.
Kyle Well, lucky for me, alot of our weekends will involve "being on the water", I am just not sure if they will involve a 3-4 day road trip because of wifey's work in addition to work around the house. Usually, we can only manage to get a couple of road trips in a summer. At the top of my list are Hardy Damn and the Chain, but I couldn't say no to Dale Hollow or Rumble.
At any rate, if you do decide to make it down for the Rumble, let me know in advance. I plan on leaving from Indy Friday late morning or so. If you were interested in trailering down to Indy the night before, you would be more than welcome to stay with my wife and I. Just a thought. Keep in touch, and I am not ruling out a banzai mission up to the ol' chain this year. :D

kphayes
04-28-2003, 11:51 AM
If you guys do consider a trip up this way, let me know and you two are more than welcome to stay at our house. We have plenty of room.
Kyle

superV
04-28-2003, 12:47 PM
kphayes:
Either of you two think you might make it up this way this summer? Not knowing where you are boating now, I think it would be worth a long weekend.(Thurs-Sun) It's no Havasu or LOTO but it's a good time. Thursday night races @ Blarney's then tearing it up Fri. & Sat. Lots of bars, resturants on the water. Then a mellow drive home on Sun. I would be more than happy to show you around.(if you never been on our Chain)
Kyle IM down its been on my list for some time now wink
What are you doig Memorial Weekend? I was think shelbyville?

kphayes
04-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Memorial weekend we are going to stay around here, as we are saving our pennies so we can go big @ Havasu in June. :D Where's Shelbyville?
[ April 28, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: kphayes ]

Rocket2003
05-06-2003, 04:51 PM
yeah, we want pictures!

kphayes
05-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Never fear, Kyle's here! I getcha some good pics as soon as it warms up and the girls cloths start coming off. :D