PDA

View Full Version : IOWA jetboaters - looking for Lake along RAGBRAI

hydro-KC
07-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey any Iowa boaters , any lakes i can take a jet
to along the RAGBRAI route without getting to many tickets. Close enough i can hook up with some of the riders?

jlnorthrup122
07-14-2003, 03:55 PM
What is the ragbri route bro I am in Cedar Rapids I don't have a boat that runs anymore but I know some OK spots around here. definatly try Lake okaboji if you can!

RandyH
07-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Well your best bet is Lake Rathbun. Near Oskaloosa. I have never taken the Boat there yet. I live in Northern Iowa and mostly boat on the Mississippi. Sorry we can't join you. Headed to Tablerock that week for a Roost Fest.
Here is a link to the Lake.
http://www.lakerathbunia.com
Have Fun :D :D
RandyH

jlnorthrup122
07-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Or if you hit Coralvile lake in cralvile next to Iowa city ask where the party cove is and were wennie beach is Or in Cedar Rapids Hit the cedar River above the down town damn that spot is called ellis harbor You will run into all the river rats (Jetboaters)there. and there are some cool spots to take in the scenery there are a couple of old brken down bridges up river that you will not miss so just be very carful around them.

hydro-KC
07-15-2003, 05:04 AM
Hey all thanks for the advice so far.
Not sure of the complete route , its on their website. I'll print it out tonight , compare it to a map , then get back on here.
I want to go to the roostfest , after my wife leaves to bike ride , then maybe i can sneak down too. :)

hydro-KC
07-17-2003, 05:29 AM
The lake by osceolla(?) is the closet to the route
so far. How is that lake? Jet boat friendly?
The mississippi down by fort franklin(?) how is it?