PDA

View Full Version : what days are ya'll plannng...

stump
02-03-2003, 04:08 PM
what days are ya'll planning on arriving at lake anna ,i'm trying to organize my schedule and am kinda thinking thursday leaving here and heading up,and coming home on monday.Does anybody have a idea how many people are planning on attending?Alcohol consumtion is permitted isnt't it?What about food ? Are grills there to use, or do i need to bring my smokinpit?Cookin out and sippin brews is my kinda good time.

fat rat
02-03-2003, 04:48 PM
I'm looking at the 12th or 13th.

wideopen545
02-03-2003, 04:55 PM
were comming in on the 13th and leaving on monday

sleekcraft76
02-03-2003, 05:16 PM
us from raleigh are coming up on thursday and leaving monday. yea what is the deal about grilling? :rolleyes:

shirkey4750
02-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Friday or Saturday and leaving Monday.

Wet Dream
02-03-2003, 07:21 PM
We are coming in on Thursday and leaving Monday. I usually bring the gas BBQ and do the cooking there on our cookout night. All you have to do is bring whatever meat you want cooked. The BBQ will be available anytime that someone needs to use it. There will be about 2 or 3 turkey fryers there to cook everything from corn to shrimp to turkeys. This will all come to a better plan as we get a little closer. Basically, on Saturday night, its a cookout potluck type deal.

DansBlown73Nordic
02-04-2003, 02:48 AM
I will arrive on Friday morning and leaving on Monday morning. We will be bringing some world famous Beef BBQ. I have 60 pounds left. So you guys better be hungery. wink

fat rat
02-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Dans66Stevens:
I will arrive on Friday morning and leaving on Monday morning. We will be bringing some world famous Beef BBQ. I have 60 pounds left. So you guys better be hungery. wink 60 pounds of what......left from when? lol :D

MANIC MECHANIC
02-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to the boards and my girlfriend and I are interested in possibly coming up,if you'd have us. When is this shindig and where is Lake Anna? (I'm to lazy to look it up and NOW I'm on medication! :D See "totaled my truck today)Describe a typical weekend. Thanks. Tim

fat rat
02-14-2003, 03:26 AM
Welcome M&M, lol....this years Beast of the East will be June 14. Lake Anna is 20 miles off I95 just south of Fredricksburg Va. Check out www.annapoint.com (http://www.annapoint.com) for more info. Don't miss out. wink Get Well!

shirkey4750
02-14-2003, 03:33 AM
Tim
There will be at least three boats from Charleston going. Three of us went last year, and it was a blast. We will be going down 77 & 64, so might as well hook up with us.

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 08:12 AM
FatRat,Thanks for the info. I will look forward to meeting you at BOTEIII! So, we camping or doing the motel thing? How about some reservation info? S4750,Yeah sounds good, we'll hook up on the way. Incidently, I have a friend from Charlston that I will be helping at the Creve Coeur Classic in StLois June 8-9 (Who's coming with?!) maybe you know him ,Jim Murray/Big Boy's Toy...? Do you ever come thru Princeton? My family's shop is in that industrial park to your left (going south)just before the Princeton offramp. Used to have the 33'Founttain full of bullet holes sitting on the bank behind the building..? :rolleyes: Tim

fat rat
02-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Motel info: Anna Point Inn 1 800 476 0454, you should mention Beast of the East. wink

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey shirkey4750;I talked to my buddy here in Princeton today (Leland Bailey/Liqiud Invader)Yeah, you know Jim,and you and I may have already met! Leland says he thinks you were at the last Highpoint drags (last, meaning the last race they had , two years ago)if so, we have almost certainly met before. Small world huh!Get back to me soon! Beverly ( the light of my life)and I are definitly making tentative plans to attend the Beast of The EastIII!! Thanks to FatRat for the motel info! We look forward to meeting him and everybody else too! I'm trying to get ahold of Jim tonight and then you'll have to defend youreself I'm sure!! :D Tim

sleekcraft76
02-14-2003, 05:20 PM
right on, manic mec!!

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 06:36 PM
I just tried to make reservations at the Anna Point Inn burningm No rooms available.I had them put us on the cancelations list, bit know better than to have much hope in that! Any suggestions? We could camp if someone would give us access to a shower. (I am SO SPOILED, I have to have a shower in the morning or my hair just won't look right allday!) Actually I just want Beverly to be comfortable, SHE is my first concerne, I'd sleep in the truck if I had to!Is there another adult couple that has reservations that would consider sharing a room with us? (No funny bussiness/ I'm such a party pooper!)we are a relativly quiet couple in our early forties. Tim smile_sp

76biesmeyer
02-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Looks like all rooms are gone!!I called also about a room. Looks like we should see if we can get get a bunch to camp!! Can,t beat a cold one and a camp fire!

HammerDown
02-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Not so guick...theres another motel not but 200 yards from Anna Point Inn, and ALL the rooms are right off the water with a nice view of the lake eek! ...much nicer rooms to!
accomodations:
*****High Point marina 540-895-5249********
[ February 14, 2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

76biesmeyer
02-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Thanks hammerdown will check into what we can get

HammerDown
02-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Campground 540-894-4744
Jeezzzzz...ya would think the "founding Fathers" would be posting this stuff...someones asleep at the wheel...My work here, is done.
[ February 14, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

shirkey4750
02-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Tim
I'm sure we have met, I was at that last race at High Point. Don't think I have missed one in the last ten years. Also was at the Augusta race this year. Been trying to get in touch with Jim the last couple of weeks, hope you have better luck.You may want to ask Moomawnster about that other motel, he stayed there last year. They are in site of each other. Is the St Louis race the same weekend as BOTE? It was last year. But then BOTE has been moved back a week this year. Trying to talk Jim into going with us this year to Anna. That C&H should make them sit up and take notice.

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Hammerdown; Much thanks for the info ! :D I called the #you posted and found out this much; #1, The rooms are $100/nite that weekend #2, She THINKS there are rooms available that weekend #3, I have to call in the MORNING to get reservations,and #4, I DEFINITLY woke her up!(Here I need a little icon of laughing till I cry!! :rolleyes: )I will call back in the morning!! Again,much thanks !...I take it you will be there? Tim

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Shirkey4750; I tried to get ahold of Jim a couple of times tonight & no answer. I wonder what's up with him? :confused: I haven't talked to him in quite some time. I'll have to ask Leland about him tomorrow. I'm working on reservation's at Lake Anna,although the night shift clerk didn't inspire a lot of confidence. :rolleyes: The StLois race is June 8&9. I can't think of a better way to start the boating season than a good drag race! Hope EVERYONE shows up!! :D Tim

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Hey ya know now that I think about it,My Dad has a rotisarie..rotisary.. OH THE HELL WITH IT,the rotating thingy for cooking meat, that I could bring sometime that we used to cook a whole 200lb pig or leg of beef on over an open fire. It takes about 24hrs and a good bit of hardwood to cook something that large but, say half a small pig or a small leg of beef could probably be done in an afternoon.. Just a thought, Tim

DansBlown73Nordic
02-15-2003, 02:02 AM
There must be alot of people coming to BOTE if the motel is booked..... eek!

shirkey4750
02-15-2003, 05:09 AM
Tim
Jeff a friend of mine talked to Jim last week, so he is still alive. And he was on the boards last weekend. PE 857 if your on the boards give me a call this weekend. I took a bunch of pictures at the Augusta race of Lelands,Jim and Johns boats. Will try and post some this weekend.

MANIC MECHANIC
02-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Good afternoon all, Beverly and I have decided that we are going to camp at Lake Anna. I called the # Hammerdown posted and got an answering machine. I will try again later. How about some info about the campground. Is there a website? Thanks Tim smile_sp

nitro557
02-15-2003, 11:45 AM
go to www.lakeanna.com (http://www.lakeanna.com) they have all the campgrounds listed also you can rent a house on the lake

HammerDown
02-15-2003, 12:41 PM
MANIC MECHANIC:
Hammerdown; Much thanks for the info ! :D Again,much thanks !...I take it you will be there? Tim Tim I have 1 room at both Motels...however at this time its not looking like I'll be attending...but I wont make any cancelations until 48 hrs prior to my original arrival date.
Then there could be 1 or 2 more rooms available.
[ February 15, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

nitro557
02-15-2003, 01:10 PM
on feb 7th fat rat posted this When you make your motel reservation's make sure you memtion Beast of the East.
FYI there's 12 rooms left.
it doesnt seem to me that 12 rooms were rented out to bote people in 8 days ,did anyone ask if all the rooms are to bote poeple or are there gonna be other guests and youll be stuck with dealing with bass cop agian ? :rolleyes:

MANIC MECHANIC
02-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Hammerdown&Nitro557;I called the Anna Point Inn again after seeing your last post. Key word "Beast of the East"Had no probs getting reservations then-apparently the entire place is reserved in advance for BOTE. Does this exclude BASSCOP? He Sounds like the type who would appreciate the cruedness of a couple good sheep jokes!! :D Thanks much both!We look forward to meeting everyone. Tim&Beverly smile_sp

nitro557
02-15-2003, 05:37 PM
thats good the rooms taken was starting to worry me ,im renting a house for this year but bass cop can kiss my #ss

Cole 383
02-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey Shirkey,
If Jim goes I may take the Invader. But if i do he will take The Big Boys Toy. That will make them sit up and take notice. We could use the trailer for a camper. This should get some stuff started.
Later 383

MANIC MECHANIC
02-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Hey, COLE 383. Nice weather huh? What's up with Jim? I have tried to call him several times this weekend and get no answer. I'll try to stop by your office tommorow but with this weather and not having my truck that's kinda iffy. Ihope you and Jim both can make it to BOTE!Tim smile_sp

shirkey4750
02-17-2003, 03:15 PM
If Jim takes the Curtis instead of the C&H, that will surely be interesting.

Cole 383
02-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Hey Shirkey,
How are the pictures of Augusta coming? This lake Anna thing sounds good except for the ticket thing. Jim and I wouldn't have a chance. They would probably throw the book at us. I do have some zoomie mufflers, I think maybe John has them i'm not sure. We trade so much stuff around all the time. Is J.D. going to take his boat to lake anna?
Later 383

shirkey4750
02-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Cole 383 just got off the phone with Jim, he thinks there is a Kentucky Drag Boat race that weekend. JD's boat is sitting in the garage covered with blankets. Blew a head gasket the day he, Jim and I were out. Put it in the garage and hasn't touched it since. As for Zoomie mufflers, there have been a few sets on this site and a few on E-bay. May watch and pick a set up fairly cheap. They are a must for Anna or any lake in Va. I was checked here on the Kanawha last summer by the city cops that patrol the river, but he was really just warning me that the DNR were out. Hope you and Tim make it to Anna, it is a really good time with a lot of good people. As for the pictures, I thought I had them on the computer but there not here. I must have used my 35 MM that day. I will try and post them this week. Have some good pictures of you and Jim sitting on the ramp and in the pits.
[ February 18, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: shirkey4750 ]