PDA

View Full Version : holzclaw trailer

SIDEWAZ
11-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm about to go postal. Pennsylvania DMV is giving me the biggest ration of s#$% over registery my boat trailer, it from michigan, no title, no VIN, just a michigan registration card, before I bought the thing PDMV told me all I needed was bill of sale and the michigan registration, Now they are saying I'm F'd, My ? is anyone got any info or no anything about Holzclaw trailers, I want to try to trace the history of this trailer from the manufacturer. Or anyone got a used trailer for sale?

superV
11-21-2002, 07:43 AM
Just title it as a home made trailer. Get the HWY patrol to sign of on it and your done! wink

DetroitJim
11-21-2002, 09:57 AM
Your trailer was built by Holsclaw. Michigan does not require a title or VIN for a trailer. To register a trailer, a certified weight slip is needed to determine what the annual fee is. The registration with the weight on it is the only piece of paperwork from then on. For your state, they must have some way of titleing a trailer built from scratch or with no VIN. The Michigan registration should be valid to prove the weight.
DJ

DansBlown73Nordic
11-21-2002, 12:05 PM
I went through the same thing here in NY with a Michigan trailer. I had a registration. They said I needed a title.
I never did fix the problem. I just took a registration from a old trailer. Stamped the #s in the new one and Walla Done!!!!!!! :D
Motorvehicle=Menopause Concentration Camp!!!! :rolleyes: