PDA

View Full Version : Boating in NH anyone????

Tahiti Owner
08-21-2002, 10:06 AM
I've been to the sandbar on Winnesquam a few times in the last few weeks, water was warm and clean,the crowds were moderate, and the marine patrol is not busting balls. Anyone interested in coming up Saturday? It's easy to get to... take exit 20 off 93 go left off the exit (doesn't matter if you were going north or south) go approximately 4-5 miles and when you cross the bridge turn right into the marina. There is a boat launch there at Sarge's General Store ($10.00) that includes parking. Get there early since the parking gets full. If you have to park far away they will drive you back to the ramp. The sandbar is on the other side of the bridge from the marina. Bring the grill, chairs and coolers!

HammerDown
08-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Have ya ever boated at Lake Winapasaki(spelling?) in Lacona??? Awsome lake(Cool water). I have friends up there...I use to go every June for the Bike event (Harley owner here)... anyhow my friends own a home and a boat house on the water Breath taking area...but he dold me my boat, with over transom Headers would not be welcome! Oh well, still a awsome place to visit!
N.H. is one of the nicest places I've riden my HD...also Sturgis and Sky Line Drive Va.
Damm...I think I'm going for a ride!

460Dave
08-22-2002, 03:20 AM
I am planing to be at Winnesquam this Sunday or Monday, can't make it Saturday. Will be in a red/white 460 18' Southwind.

Tahiti Owner
08-22-2002, 04:59 AM
Dave if the weather holds i might be there Sunday too (2 tone blue 17ft Tahiti). Hammerdown Yes I have been in the Big lake (Winnepasaukee) its a little rough on the weekends but if you ride in the channel and stay mostly in Paugus Bay its not too bad. As far as over the transon headers, do you have baffles in em? The marine patrol isnt too bad here although im sure they would give you a look over as they do with most of the higher performance boats. Just make sure you have all the required equiptment on board and are not raising hell too close to anyone and they are pretty cool with ya.