PDA

View Full Version : Favorite East Coast Food

fat rat
01-16-2003, 06:55 PM
How many food critics have we got here? I LOVE to eat...so at the top of my list; Beef on Wick and Wings, Buffalo N.Y.....also N.Y. N.Y. Pizza by the slice and A good Philly Cheese Steak........there hard to come by. Oh and also a Maine Lobster....So whats your favorite dish. boxed

DaveA
01-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Nawth Carolina BBQ!!! :p
I like it all. Don't matter what part of the state. Rocky Mount/Lexington/Shelby etc etc.
It's all good!
Even like Maurice's BBQ and mustard based sauce in Columbia SC.
Anybody had that?

MOON-DAWGIE
01-17-2003, 05:03 AM
Philly Cheese Steaks, Scrapple, Pork Roll, Philadelphia soft Pretzels, Tastycakes, and Pa Dutch style Chicken or beef Pot Pie.
"I don't care what it's made out of, it's sooooooo good!!!" "and soooooobad for you, hear that? thats the sound of my arteries closing up with every bite" "Yum Yum"

Wet Dream
01-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Gotta go with the Philly Cheese Steaks, lobster, and Wet's Parking Lot BBQ. :D

fat rat
01-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Wet Dream:
Gotta go with the Philly Cheese Steaks, lobster, and Wet's Parking Lot BBQ. :D I forgot about Wet's Road Kill Specials.....have you and the big rig been stocking up for Anna. lol :D

wideopen545
01-17-2003, 01:55 PM
ive got the turkeys and smoked ham quarters
and corn on the cobb

miketsouth
01-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Fat, whatchu talkin 'bout
aint nothing like fresh caught Maryland crabs where you got to put a cinderblock on the pot to keep em from gettin out before you steam them. Seasoned with a slight bit of old bay and lots of crushed red chillies and peppers. Served with silver queen corn and lots of beer.
Next on my list is shrimp and crabmeat stuffed into a jumbo squid, cooked to perfection and cooled then served over a bed of iceberg lettuce sprinkled with lemon juice.
You right Fat, hard to get a good pizza. I like mine real thin crust with real deseeded pomagrante tomato, REAL pepperoni and real mozzarella. Olive oil, yeah!
How about a slow,slow,slow cooked (over a hickory wood fire) big rack of pork ribs. Not that shit you get a the safeway, but right off yesterdays hog, cold-packed overnight.

miketsouth
01-17-2003, 02:19 PM
oh yeah, that nawth carolina BBQ do kick some ass. There is a place near ocean city where i stop and get it, ima-jeans or something like that. They got the BIG smokers out front.

fat rat
01-17-2003, 02:26 PM
miketsouth:
Fat, whatchu talkin 'bout
aint nothing like fresh caught Maryland crabs where you got to put a cinderblock on the pot to keep em from gettin out before you steam them. Seasoned with a slight bit of old bay and lots of crushed red chillies and peppers. Served with silver queen corn and lots of beer.
Next on my list is shrimp and crabmeat stuffed into a jumbo squid, cooked to perfection and cooled then served over a bed of iceberg lettuce sprinkled with lemon juice.
You right Fat, hard to get a good pizza. I like mine real thin crust with real deseeded pomagrante tomato, REAL pepperoni and real mozzarella. Olive oil, yeah!
How about a slow,slow,slow cooked (over a hickory wood fire) big rack of pork ribs. Not that shit you get a the safeway, but right off yesterdays hog, cold-packed overnight. I think a reconize you from the home cooking channel. lol :D Wet and Wideopen, you might have some competition here. lol :D
BTW Miketsouth are going to Anna?

Wet Dream
01-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Competition??? Hell, if he wants to bring that for our cookout, more power to him. You can never have too much GREAT food. Between the crab and the squid dishes, my mouth is watering. I better not go outside, the drool will turn to icicles. :D

76 Sleekcraft
01-21-2003, 07:10 AM
I've got to say Lexington NC BBQ !!!
and the best place for that would be Lexington BBQ aka honeymonks.
Have not been there in almost 24 hours, suffering from withdrawal already! :D

DansBlown73Nordic
01-21-2003, 07:40 AM
I think I will say the BBQ beef we brought to Havre-De-Grace....Thanks to Arbys.... wink I still have #40 for next year. :D

Her454
01-26-2003, 06:47 AM
I've NEVER ever had Philly Cheese steaks, Pizza or CheeseCake like I did back East...THE BEST. eek!

BigBoyToys
01-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Her454:
I've NEVER ever had Philly Cheese steaks, Pizza or CheeseCake like I did back East...THE BEST. eek! What? What about the Jack-in-the-Box Philly Cheese steak? RIGHT!!! LOL
I agree 100%. East coast Philly Cheese Steak and Pizza is the best. Cheesecake I don't know about....

stump
01-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Have 5 racks of pork baby back's on the smoker should be just about perfect by gametime!!!!YEEHAWWW

HammerDown
01-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Sorry 737...today I stopped by Tony Lukes in the city...and had the Italian Chicken Cutlet w/Broccoli Rabe and extra sharp Provolone, extra wet :p

BottleFedJet
01-29-2003, 04:34 PM
Well I'd say a fresh possum medium well and a bowl of dead pigeon soup. :D

fat rat
01-29-2003, 06:47 PM
HammerDown:
Sorry 737...today I stopped by Tony Lukes in the city...and had the Italian Chicken Cutlet w/Broccoli Rabe and extra sharp Provolone, extra wet :p Thanx for the invite!