PDA

View Full Version : Cold in the East

JetBoatRich
12-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Just wondering if you having a fun winter out in the east.

Moomawnster
12-25-2002, 05:23 AM
You bet I am ! we got 3 inches of snow last night and the woods are beautiful ! I will harness up the workhorse and take a sleigh ride today .... Thanks for thinking about us ... :D

DansBlown73Nordic
12-25-2002, 06:15 AM
You have a draft horse? My father in-law had a pair he pulled for many years. Sounds like alot of fun.

737jetmech
12-25-2002, 06:47 AM
Yes , winter is fun in the northeast. Always a good time for garage projects(heater Required).This winter I bought a Wellcraft Nova ST with twin 454's.Boat is very clean,but there a few things that need to be addressed.That's where winter time come's in! Too Darn cold to even think about boating , So I guess its a good time to work on the Dam thing.I remember this time last year one of my (jet boat type dude) freinds was relocating this pump.(without heated garage)Boy, was he a bitch last winter.There's something to be said about the dedication of us northeast (cold boater's)!!! Happy Holidays to all!!! Bob (Prop type dude) :D

HammerDown
12-25-2002, 08:08 AM
Ah...your (jet boat type dude)friend was relocating his pump not only WITH OUT a (none heated garage)...but WITH OUT any garage at all! So lets tell the story correctly there (prop type dude)...and one more thing...with that nice BIG prop type boat ya now have ...I'll be leaving my (pump type boat) home!...
I figure the nice big engine hatch on your (prop type boat) will be a good place to sit while we judge...BEST OF SHOW!!!....With Cocktails in hand!

Nova ST
12-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Sounds like its going to be a fun boat 737, probably very similar to mine LOL! I'm in Hammer's shoes, well almost. I have a heated garage, but the boat is too big to fit in. So I look out my window now and see an inch or so of frozen mess covering my boat. Won't be untill March when I can work on it again.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Ray (Another Prop Type Dude) :) :)

JetBoatRich
12-25-2002, 12:07 PM
I'm glad the winter time gives you guys time to work on your boats. We only get a couple months off a year. Thinking about going out Saturday, still cold in the 50-60's. The water is flat and fun.
Just kiddin with you folks, you get all the beautiful seasons.
have a great Holiday Season. :p

lawbreaker2
12-25-2002, 07:26 PM
Oh it was a great X-mass day we got about 10 to 15 inch. of snow overnight. kids love it, me was playing on the atv in the snow allday. :D

JetBoatRich
12-25-2002, 07:28 PM
lawbreaker2:
Oh it was a great X-mass day we got about 10 to 15 inch. of snow overnight. kids love it, me was playing on the atv in the snow allday. :D My kids keep hoping for snow, we had a chance a couple weeks ago, never happened. We only get a fews days of snow a year. :p

DansBlown73Nordic
12-25-2002, 09:00 PM
I have 20 inches in my driveway. It is still snowing!!! eek!

JetBoatRich
12-25-2002, 10:05 PM
i guess you had you use of snow shovels in your time!

Nova ST
12-26-2002, 05:00 AM
A recent picture taken of Hammerdown's garage courtesy of 737.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Hammers_garage.JPG
[ December 26, 2002, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Nova ST ]

737jetmech
12-26-2002, 07:34 AM
Nova ST:
A recent picture taken of Hammerdown's garage courtesy of 737.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Hammers_garage.JPG Sorry I left out the fact that Hammerdown does not have any garage at all. I guess details are very important when telling a story. This is the next best thing !!! When your dedicated ,like Hammerdown it doesn't matter!!! I feel this photo depicts the correct conditions of hammers winter project about this time last winter. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Hammer. LOL... Bob jawdrop

JetBoatRich
12-26-2002, 07:41 AM
Tough conditions to work on your boat, good luck! :rolleyes:

HammerDown
12-26-2002, 07:57 AM
737....your a riot! Yes Hammer Dose have a garage...the Corvette lives in it! However, Unlike some...no Hammer dosent have a 3-Bay Garage! But knows one of them bays would have been available if Hammer needed it. (But Hammer most likely would not have gotten any work done)!
[ December 26, 2002, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

737jetmech
12-26-2002, 08:14 AM
HammerDown:
737....your a riot! Yes Hammer Dose have a garage...the Corvette lives in it! However, Unlike some...no Hammer dosent have a 3-Bay Garage! But knows one of them bays would have been available if Hammer needed it. (But Hammer most likely would not have gotten any work done)! Excuse me! It is a 4-bay with workshop area. Please get the details right!! And after several cases of Corona and bottle of Samboka I think we might have got some work done. Not that it would be done correctly, but who cares. it's not my boat anyway. LOL :D Bob

Nova ST
12-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Hey Hammer, your not alone. Two more examples of Pennsylvania boating in December!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/winter_108.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/winter_107.JPG
[ December 26, 2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Nova ST ]

HammerDown
12-26-2002, 03:53 PM
737jetmech [/qb]Excuse me! It is a 4-bay with workshop area. Please get the details right!! And after several cases of Corona and bottle of Samboka I think we might have got some work done. Not that it would be done correctly, but who cares. it's not my boat anyway. LOL :D Bob [/QB][/QUOTE]
Well EXCUuuuuuusssSSSSE ME...Mr. 4 Bay Garage...SO now there (is) a place for my boat this summer...lol
Correct...(prop type dude)!

HammerDown
12-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Nova ST...I feel your pain...but I do see some mighty big garage doors in the back round!

DerangedToo
12-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Hey BOTE people,
a belated Merry Christmas to all !!!, I have been busy converting my parents house on the water into a two family home, and have not been around...I decided to share my snow pic, if u look in the right hand side u will see a bit of derangedtoo coverd with snow in the back..btw i have to hang sheetrock in the 1900 sq feet i have added....do I hear any volenters????Just kidding , hope all is well, and a happy new year to u all!!!
http://derangedtoo.tripod.com/house/house.jpg
hey i cant figre out why this isnt coming up any help would be apreciated
http://derangedtoo.tripod.com/house/house.jpg
[ December 29, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: DerangedToo ]

blown daytona
12-29-2002, 04:32 PM
JetBoatRich:
Just wondering if you having a fun winter out in the east. I wouldnt have it any other way. I get burntout on boating 6 months of the year. The winter gives me a good chance to really go over the boat good, make it just a little bit faster & have a (hopefully) trouble free boating season. Luckily I have a heated garage. I'll be checking the west coast out next fall :cool: