PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Mid-Atlantic Winter PowerBoater Chill-Out

Sydwayz
12-16-2002, 12:21 PM
We did this last year at Hooters in Fredericksburg, VA. The event was a raging success, and since several people have asked about it already for 2003, lets get started:
We are going to do it again in either Richmond or Fredericksburg, VA. Last year we had a 3-2 ratio vote to go with Fredericksburg over Richmond, but we lost a lot of folks from the HRPBA by going with Fredericksburg. I was able to get $59 hotel rooms last year right across the street from the restaurant.
I am proposing a two event setup for 2003; with at least the Dinner & Social hour taking place before the Miami Boat Show (February 13-17th, 2003). This will take place in either Fredericksburg or Richmond, based on votes solicited next month.
The second event which will also be coordinated next month, and promoted at the 1st gathering, will be an afternoon or evening of organized Professional Go Kart Heat Racing at All Sports Gran Prix in Dulles, VA. This venue is literally minutes from Dulles International Airport, with dozens of hotels, restaurants, and even a mall very closeby. I have done two organized heat racing event 'parties' at this venue, and let me tell you, this is not kid stuff. You must be 18 with a valid drivers license to race, and after a couple hours of racing, you are damn tired.
http://www.allsportsgp.com
Please pass this along to the other Avid Boaters you know. This whole purpose is to get us all together in the middle of the off-season, to chat and enjoy the sport of powerboating, even though most of us are going to be high and dry.
This gathering started with OSO and has also been broadcast to the RPBA, HRPBA, and CBPBA. We can make this a giant effort to get a lot of folks together to know a lot more folks when all is said and done.
I am kinda toying with February 1st as a set date, with February 8th as a snow date for the social gathering. Go Karting will be another night.
So far we have significant interest from people in NJ, DE, MD, VA, DC, NC, OH, CT, NY, SC, PA, and other places. I want more folks to come. I am in the process of interviewing venues as we speak.
When I send out the emails, I will get the headcounts that way, as well as hotel room counts. I will solicit hotel discounts based on how many want rooms, and then post/email
directions on how to book yourselves.
I am not doing this for a profit. The cover charge will be for my costs and etc., only. Last year I provided Wings and Appetizers for everyone with the cover charge, and bought some pitchers of beer with the leftover cash. If anything turns out to be left over, it will be donated to a fitting charity.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED...
PHYSICALLY TYPE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in a REPLY to THIS THREAD, so I can easily compile a list for email distribution. I am not going to send a bunch of emails or PMs to folks via several different websites. It gets cumbersome.
LIKE THIS:
TrimmedOutHP500@aol.com
Or if you are worried about spamming:
TrimmedOutHP500 at aol dot com
Most of this information is duplicated at:
w w w off shore only dot com in the General Discussion forum, to include pictures from last year. A special offer exists if you are a member of the just mentioned forum. You will have to find it on that forum.

Sydwayz
12-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Not 1 reply yet?

nitro557
12-17-2002, 05:54 AM
i would be interested but the d.c. boat show is that week and weekend so for me its a no can do.e-mail me a flyer and ill post it here at the marina

JOHNNYBEGOOD
12-17-2002, 09:14 AM
NITRO, what is the best of the two shows? Washington or Baltimore. I have been to the Baltimore show before but not to the show in D.C. I was just wondering. I can not go to the D.C. show anyways, I will be at the Daytona 500.

nitro557
12-17-2002, 09:32 AM
ive never been to the baltimore show myself ,different dealer has that area,i had won tickets to daytona and gave them away because of not being able to go