PDA

View Full Version : West asking East???

AZKC
10-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Fell upon a web site LKNfun.com does alot of talk about Lake Norman, the boats I see in most pics are of the big cruiser style with a few cats and big vee's. It looks like a great party and a good group of people hang there.
Are most of the boats as I described? And if so the reason? How big is that lake and what kind of $$$ does it take to get a house on the water?
I grew up living on the edge of Smith Lake in Alabama and really miss that stuff living out west, where your lucky even to camp by the water.
KC
ps... is Lake Norman where alot of the Nascar teams have houses or hang outs?

Tahiti Owner
10-08-2002, 04:40 PM
where is Lake Norman anyways?

Big Boys Toy PE857
10-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Just North, kind of a suburb, of Charlotte NC. On Interstate 77.

stump
10-09-2002, 03:30 AM
Lake Norman definately has some big boats on it ,yes most are big V type Hulls ,some even have radar on them I dont know why ,kinda hard to get lost on a lake.Realestate on the lake is expensive ,lots average 200,000 lots with houses upwards of 500,000 .It is located about 20 miles north of charlotte,NC.If Iremember right the lake has over 1000 miles of shoreline but i might be incorrect.DaveA probably knows better than me as he grew up here.NASCAR teams and shops are all around this area.And yes there are quite a few race car drivers that own houses on the lake.