PDA

View Full Version : any 40 er's + out there?? feeling old

missboatnam1
10-03-2002, 05:16 PM
ok, seems like everyone is so young here. :rolleyes: maybe im just going thru the 40 blues!!!( loosing my tan doesnt help).. mr b is turning 40 and thinks hes sooo old!!!!..is 40 really old, or am i just going thru a mid life thing???..just wanted to see how all the other 40 peoples feel!! wink

RiverDave2
10-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Mrs B, 40 isn't old. It's about the time that you start enjoying all the things that you worked for all your life. wink
Of course the night of my 26 B-Day I was thinking "It's all down here from here.. next thing ya know I'm gonna be 30!" wink
RD

GlastronGuy
10-03-2002, 05:22 PM
I'll be 44 in December.

Havasu Hangin'
10-03-2002, 05:23 PM
When Mrs. HH turns 40, I'm gonna trade her in for 2-20 year olds... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy06.gif

missboatnam1
10-03-2002, 05:24 PM
see HH, thats what im talkin about!!! :( thanks dave wink

RiverToysJas
10-03-2002, 05:25 PM
I'm 32 and my next wife hasn't even been born yet! :p wink :D J/K!
I'm looking forward to 40 in 8 short years! Remember, it's not how old you are, it's how old you act (according to my wife I'm still in Jr. High! I think that's good!)! The more trips around the sun you've had, just means you're that much more experienced at life!!!
Now 50, that's OLD!!!! eek!
RTJas :D

comin' unscrewed
10-03-2002, 06:20 PM
The bitch about turning 40 for me was almost like they were on a timer, my eyes went south. It's almost 5 years since and they just keep getting worse!

Her454
10-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Tina-talk about depression, I turned 40 today - AND Im losing my tan! Dont worry your not alone!
:D :D

mike37
10-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Hmmm Im confused age & tan
whats age go to do with loosin your tan :confused:
missboatnam1 if your loosing your tan that just means you should get out and show it off more

Jbb
10-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Yes Tina .....40 is OLD .....!
42 :rolleyes:

missboatnam1
10-03-2002, 06:32 PM
traci!!!!WELL HAPPY 40TH GIRL!!!! (i say girl, im mean girl!!!) :D why are you home? you sould be out doin the 2 step or something!!!!! have a great birthday, and im glad im not alone..
i gave ya five big stars!!!! better than nothin i guess :D
CU, i KNOW the feeling, damm, i got them on old helpers on right now!!!! :cool:
JBB, i would of never know!! seriously!!!!
[ October 03, 2002, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: missboatnam1 ]

RiverToysJas
10-03-2002, 06:36 PM
This may sound stupid but when you think about it, it's pretty interesting:
People who are 100 today were 50, 50 years ago!!!!
Think about all that they've seen, just since they were 50 yeas old!

rivercrazy
10-03-2002, 06:50 PM
40 is quickly "creeping" up on me. Just turned 37. :rolleyes:

77charger
10-03-2002, 06:52 PM
I feel old and i am turning 30 in jan(yes there will be a party and all are invited)but for my age i fell i have done enough in life to be happy.now 40 i will fell olderI even found some grey hairs.

Jrocket
10-03-2002, 07:01 PM
missboatnam1:
see HH, thats what im talkin about!!! :( thanks dave wink Yeah but when my grandpa was 80 he traded grandma in for two 40 year olds. :D

Jbb
10-03-2002, 07:06 PM
JBB, i would of never know!! seriously!!!![/QB][/QUOTE]
Ummmm you thought maybe 50's....60's....?
eek!

HammerDown
10-03-2002, 07:08 PM
45 December 14'th...my toy's keep me young...till I get to tired!

riverliver
10-03-2002, 07:09 PM
RiverDave2:
Mrs B, 40 isn't old. It's about the time that you start enjoying all the things that you worked for all your life. wink
Of course the night of my 26 B-Day I was thinking "It's all down here from here.. next thing ya know I'm gonna be 30!" wink
RDall your life
dose this mean this is the END Dave
Tina
Nothing wrong with 40+ ,gotta love a women that know what she doin !
I will take a 40 over two 20s, by the time the two 20s figure it out the 40 got the job done!
wink :D :p eek!

missboatnam1
i love your guys train of thought!!!!...i said the same thing once opon a time..... :p
i love you guys!!!! thanks, with a kiss :o
[ October 03, 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: missboatnam1 ]

BigDogIvan
AAHHH!!!! 40 aint so bad. It's how you lookk at it and take it. I have 4 kids and count the years that the last one is 18 and I can boot her little but out of the house. eek! Have fun with it and enjoy LIFE!!!!
BD

TCHB
10-03-2002, 07:59 PM
One good thing about 40 is you have a lot of toys.
2 boats
1 jet ski
1 jeep
2 harleys
Oh that is enough I do not want to make the 20 year olds cry!!

BigDogIvan
10-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Good point!! 20 year olds have yet to earn those kind of toys. One other thing. Being 40, it's a great feeling to kick a 20 year old in the ass and tell them to grow up. :D
BD

RH
10-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Very true your body takes a SHIT but your toys get better .

10-03-2002, 08:43 PM
40??? BFD!!! That was 12 years ago for me. But consider the alternative. Gettin old ain't so bad. wink

squirts
10-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Help I,ve fallen and I cant get up 45 this year and I agree I would take a 40 year old women before a 30 year old anyday of the week.

sandblasted
10-03-2002, 09:01 PM
I turn 40 in 2 weeks...Had 1 last trip to the river planned to celebrate it but the trip just fell apart...Oh well, just stay home and BBQ instead...and drink lots of beer...and maybe a few shots of Padron..and a kamakazi or two...maybe even some malibu rum with pinapple juice...and more beer on top of it..
Naw, i'm not concerned about turning 40 at all!!

JustMVG
10-03-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm 42 and life is better and better each day, i have a great wife, she's 32, keeps me young, and three step kids who make me feel like a million bucks. And as far as the toys for older boys, i totally agree, when i was 20 i wasn;t ready to appreciate all the good things in life, i just wanted to play, well playtime is alot more fun when you have the right toys!!!!!....
The older i get the better i was.....
Mike VG

spectratoad
10-03-2002, 09:15 PM
I will be 36 this month but Mrs. Toad is 40 and still lookin' good. Older women are the way to go. They are not into all the little girlie problems and know what they want. :D

MUDXPRT
10-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Yea, I'm 41 it's not that bad, a beautiful wife 3 great kids what's to complain about. Great firends and family also don't forget the lake! We can forget more than those 20 yr olds have learned.

beyondhelpin
10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
OLD
What the hell are you talking about?!! 40 is prime baby!!!!!!!! Dont forget it!
Im 42 and feeling younger every day!!! Most everyone we hang out with is their late 20's to early 30's. Theres not much they can do that I cant. As a matter of fact I cant think of any thing!!! The difference is I might hurt just a little longer.
Life is good. Have a beautiful wife whos 41 and barely looks 30. I guess the gym and all those beauty products work after all!! Me Im just trying to keep the six pack from going to a party ball.
Your as old as you feel and act! Dont sweat it! Have fun and enjoy yourself. One thing Ive joked about is that I am young enough to kick your ass and old enough to pay the lawyer bill!!!

rivercutie
10-04-2002, 03:35 AM
Tina your such a hottie... Trust me just get your booty out in the sun for alittle tanning action and your all set. Oh and I just turned 26 and no boat, no goodies.. See nothing wink

Liberator TJ1984
10-04-2002, 04:29 AM
Just turned 42 on Sunday..goin on 24 :D
would love to find a STABLE OLDER Gal ! wink young'ins have way too many hangups to deal with !!

jeff-in-ky
10-04-2002, 04:43 AM
AGE-it's all in your mind, I just wish I still had a mind; lost it 8 years ago. j/k
JB = 48yrs young :D

PipesClean
10-04-2002, 05:59 AM
MissB,
I've dated a couple of women that were 40. By no means did I consider them old! They were some of the hottest women I've dated....and the best sexual enthusiasts out there! eek!
RiverCutie,
You might be 26, but I wouldn't say you don't have any goodies! :D
[ October 04, 2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: PipesClean ]

twistedpair
10-04-2002, 06:39 AM
Today is my B-day. I'm not 39, I'm 18 (with 21 years of experience). :D

230Stingray
10-04-2002, 07:05 AM
40's not old, hell I'm 44 and the wife 49 we can still party with the best of them. Every weekend on the lake the party gravitates to our boat with plenty of 20-30 year olds just hanging out. I think it may have something to do with my great stereo and the fact that I like my rock and roll loud. I am a firm beleiver in the old statement that age is a state of mind. I do my best to stay young.

missboatnam1
10-04-2002, 07:16 AM
ok!!! i feel much better this morning, i think ill go wash the boat, the r.v., the motorcycles, the golf cart, and clean this big ole house, i guess your guys are right,
more toys = more fun
40 = more toys & more fun
thanks guys and gals
"tina loves water people" :D :D

HCS
10-04-2002, 07:19 AM
43 years old and lovin it! lifes just getting good, My old man bought our first ski boat when I was in the third grade. Been hooked ever since,Wouldn't give it up for nothing! HARDCORE SKIER and BOATER. 43 year old big grin :D
[ October 04, 2002, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

Spirit of Discovery
10-04-2002, 08:41 AM
You guys makin' such a deal about two 20 year olds.... I'd rather have two 40 year olds. There's an old country/western song that goes like this...
Older women,
Make beautiful lovers,
Older Women,
They understand.
I have found out
and I have discovered
That older women know just how to please a man!!
Happy birthday, You're enjoying the best years of your life right now!!

HCS
10-04-2002, 08:49 AM
Spirit of Discovery:
You guys makin' such a deal about two 20 year olds.... I'd rather have two 40 year olds. There's an old country/western song that goes like this...
Older women,
Make beautiful lovers,
Older Women,
They understand.
I have found out
and I have discovered
Happy birthday, You're enjoying the best years of your life right now!!Agreed older women-less head games.

Timer
10-04-2002, 09:02 AM
Try 60! You 40 year olds are just gettin' broken in.

PipesClean
10-04-2002, 09:33 AM
"You guys makin' such a deal about two 20 year olds.... I'd rather have two 40 year olds."
That's what I'm talk'n bout

Captain Kirk
10-04-2002, 09:43 AM
I'm 41.
My wife is 46. Loves to snowmobile, fish, boat. And what she does best is:
show her TITS!! And they look great!!!

HCS
10-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Captain Kirk:
I'm 41.
My wife is 46. Loves to snowmobile, fish, boat. And what she does best is:
show her TITS!! And they look great!!!My wife just turn 40 and shows her tits very well thank you!

NorCal Gameshow
10-04-2002, 10:01 AM
turning 40 next week, started wake boarding this summer...is that crisis thing hitting me????

HCS
10-04-2002, 10:09 AM
norcal spectra:
turning 40 next week, started wake boarding this summer...is that crisis thing hitting me????Hey, Norcal spectra, Wake boarding is a crisis.Your in Sactown there's not very many of us on here from Sac. Where do you hang? What lake or river?

boatnam2
10-04-2002, 11:03 AM
pipes clean knows whats going on.i turn 40 in amonth and its not that its old but it seemed like just yesterday i remember thinking man my dad is turning 40.its not so much a age thing for me ,but more of a were did the time go.not much longer to go and i will be putting myself out to pasture at parker,come on 55.mike the looking white not being tan thing comes from me bugging her about not tanning so much because of her age.

superV
10-04-2002, 11:19 AM
TCHB:
One good thing about 40 is you have a lot of toys.
2 boats
1 jet ski
1 jeep
2 harleys
Oh that is enough I do not want to make the 20 year olds cry!!Not so true my friend, im 28 and my list is much the same!
2 boats
1 27' RV
Many DirtBikes
1 jeep
1 set of hot wheels
1 jet ski
all the winter toys
all the water toys to go with the boats
1 Super soaker
2 salves i mean kids wink
1 ridding lawn boy
1 com. dive rig.
And a bunch of other shit i will have by 40
And the best part for last ALL THE TITLES
I know im a snot nose kid but i love it! frown

superV
10-04-2002, 11:22 AM
P.S. I though I stop there before I start making all my elders feel bad! :rolleyes:

gigamurph
10-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Tina, Tina, Tina! Is this question for you or Jim? You've have been in the presence of da gig and mrsgig on a few occasion and you tell me; is 40 old? You're damn right it is! They say that you're only as old as you feel! If that's true, I feel like I'm goin' on 60!...and the last time I felt the ol' lady she felt like she was goin' on 90!...and that was with the lights off! Nah, 40 isn't really that old' but it's close; so you guys are gonna have to start livin' it up more!
BTW, if anybody tells the ol' lady what I said about her, I won't deny it; I'll just blame it on one of you guys! :p

beyondhelpin
10-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Time to sling a little shit on the sunny day. This may seem a little wierd considering my last post. That was last night this is today. Had to go into surgey for the first time in my life (42) other than accidents. (Sometimes Im a little to crazy for my own good) I had a cyst on my finger that they were cutting out. Since I am over 40 they ran an EKG for a baseline before surgery. The lady tells me there is nothing to worry about since I am in good shape. They just took my blood pressure and it was 113 over 62. About the same as a 20 year old athlete. Hooks me up to the machine and turns it on. She gets a funny look on her face and leaves the room with a print out. Comes back and repositions the tabs on my chest, and says we are going to run it again. When I ask whats up she tells me she probally has the tabs a little off. Again she leaves the room with another print out. In a few minutes she comes back with a doctor who tells me the machine says I have had a heart attack previously. WTF No way! Doctors tells me there is a good chance it is a error of the machine and the cardiologist will recheck and let me know in a few days. Talk about a shock. Theres no way. I am in good health. Although I am a smoker the doctors never know by listening to my heart and lungs during check ups. I run workout play hard. Nobody knows not even my wife (at least until I find out for sure). Either way cigs are gone! Sorry to unload here but nobody that knows me personaly knows and I mean to keep it that way. Dont want to be treated different or told I should not do that. I am probally freaked out over nothing
[ October 04, 2002, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: beyondhelpin ]

NorCal Gameshow
10-04-2002, 02:31 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
turning 40 next week, started wake boarding this summer...is that crisis thing hitting me????Hey, Norcal spectra, Wake boarding is a crisis.Your in Sactown there's not very many of us on here from Sac. Where do you hang? What lake or river?we go to the ocean called folsom lake....i'd like to go the river but i'm on the lake 15 minutes from my casa. we stay around the south fork..where do you go?

HCS
10-04-2002, 02:47 PM
norcal spectra:
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
turning 40 next week, started wake boarding this summer...is that crisis thing hitting me????Hey, Norcal spectra, Wake boarding is a crisis.Your in Sactown there's not very many of us on here from Sac. Where do you hang? What lake or river?we go to the ocean called folsom lake....i'd like to go the river but i'm on the lake 15 minutes from my casa. we stay around the south fork..where do you go?Not to hot on Folsom Lake to many people,Like to go to the Sac river north of the airport. Up by knights Landing.Lost of partys on the beaches up there. Great Skiing or what ever your thing is.If I go to a lake it's usually Clementine or Rollins,Try to catch'em when there not busy. :) :cool:

bigorangefan
10-04-2002, 03:10 PM
47 here eek! Mrs BOF 45 :D
Boatnam, check your e-mail

Oldsquirt
10-04-2002, 04:21 PM
BOF, I get to join you in the 47 club tomorrow. If not for the fact I have to work and can't go play at the lake, it wouldn't be too bad. :)

RiverToysJas
10-04-2002, 04:47 PM
beyondhelpin:
Time to sling a little shit on the sunny day. This may seem a little wierd considering my last post. That was last night this is today. Had to go into surgey for the first time in my life (42) other than accidents. (Sometimes Im a little to crazy for my own good) I had a cyst on my finger that they were cutting out. Since I am over 40 they ran an EKG for a baseline before surgery. The lady tells me there is nothing to worry about since I am in good shape. They just took my blood pressure and it was 113 over 62. About the same as a 20 year old athlete. Hooks me up to the machine and turns it on. She gets a funny look on her face and leaves the room with a print out. Comes back and repositions the tabs on my chest, and says we are going to run it again. When I ask whats up she tells me she probally has the tabs a little off. Again she leaves the room with another print out. In a few minutes she comes back with a doctor who tells me the machine says I have had a heart attack previously. WTF No way! Doctors tells me there is a good chance it is a error of the machine and the cardiologist will recheck and let me know in a few days. Talk about a shock. Theres no way. I am in good health. Although I am a smoker the doctors never know by listening to my heart and lungs during check ups. I run workout play hard. Nobody knows not even my wife (at least until I find out for sure). Either way cigs are gone! Sorry to unload here but nobody that knows me personaly knows and I mean to keep it that way. Dont want to be treated different or told I should not do that. I am probally freaked out over nothingGood luck bud! I hope it all turns out good, keep us posted. Good luck with the smoking too, you'll be much happier and little richer in the end.
[ October 04, 2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

Boater Bill
10-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Nope and I'm hittin' the next major milestone in 2 months. Im actually looking forward to sitting at the bar at Hussongs pinchin' butts and gettin' free margi's by the "young" ladies who think I'm "cute" (finally) when I'm 80! :D

rrrr
10-04-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm 45, I just don't think of myself as an old fart (yet). I can still ski and wakeboard, just not as fast or for as long. My wife is 42, goes to the gym four times a week and looks hotter than hell. We were up until 5:00 this morning having fun.
I am looking forward to quitting work and enjoying each other and our toys we have accumulated. Nothing wrong with getting a bit older.
:)

sandblasted
10-05-2002, 07:16 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Hot_Chicks.JPG
Pic of my 38 year old wife (the blond) and her 30 year old friend...they get almost as much attention at the sandbar as the 21 year olds, except they won't rip their tops off for anyone but their husbands! As it should be..
[ October 05, 2002, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]

boatnam2
10-05-2002, 07:55 AM
beyondhelp, what a blow that must of been....how crazy is that, they cant even trust there own equipment....well i do hope that the equipment is WRONG.......well keep your chin up, and good for you for quiting the smokes, they are bad news!!! i gave it up to, one f the best things i ever did, keep us posted. :rolleyes:

missboatnam1
10-05-2002, 07:57 AM
beondhelp, that was me, i forgot to log mr b out!!! ooppps!!!!!

Craig
10-05-2002, 03:30 PM
43 here :D , 'course most times I'm told to "grow up"! Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. You're as old as you feel and act. And lastly, "You can only be young once, you can be immature forever"
Craig
[ October 05, 2002, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

lakeboater
10-05-2002, 04:55 PM
To those of you feeling like 40 something is old. A lot of the posts were dated 10/04 the day I turned 62. Took 1/2 a day off and finished with dinner and a bottle of good red, in very fine company. Age is a matter of perspective. My date of the last 15 years is 45 but if she were my age it would be ok with me. She still calls me a stud muffin, she's just not comparing me to 20 or even 40 somethings. I still like to think of myself as having slow hands and a lead foot. I'am at Clear Lake, just bought a house with dock and lift to hold my 300 hp Stoker. :)

missboatnam1
10-05-2002, 05:59 PM
happy birthaday to all ya birthday peoples!!!! :cool:

SMFRiverRat
10-06-2002, 01:33 AM
41 years old here
Its not "We don't get old and then not play.......It's.."We don't play,and then we get old".You are only as old as you feel. Look at me, new plane,new boat. the new Gal. It's really is a wonderful life.
"the River....It's a way of Life"

JetBoatRich
10-06-2002, 06:29 AM
Hey Greg(Sandblasted) you join the 40 group next week don't you? I have two years to go and don't feel a day over 37?

sandblasted
10-06-2002, 03:20 PM
JetBoatRich:
Hey Greg(Sandblasted) you join the 40 group next week don't you? I have two years to go and don't feel a day over 37?Yep, the big 40...Oh well, the alternative could be worse!
Unfortunetly my river trip next weekend fell apart..so I'll do the usual, BBQ and drink beer!!

Donnie
10-06-2002, 03:20 PM
I'll be 40 in a month....but have no fear I still get in trouble like I did when I was 20 eek! eek!

Dribble
10-06-2002, 04:13 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
turning 40 next week, started wake boarding this summer...is that crisis thing hitting me????Hey, Norcal spectra, Wake boarding is a crisis.Your in Sactown there's not very many of us on here from Sac. Where do you hang? What lake or river?we go to the ocean called folsom lake....i'd like to go the river but i'm on the lake 15 minutes from my casa. we stay around the south fork..where do you go?Not to hot on Folsom Lake to many people,Like to go to the Sac river north of the airport. Up by knights Landing.Lost of partys on the beaches up there. Great Skiing or what ever your thing is.If I go to a lake it's usually Clementine or Rollins,Try to catch'em when there not busy. :) :cool: I'm there all the time. The beach is called the Hog Farm. Just between Verona and Knights Landing. We used to be there in a Black and Orange Southwind Jet. Now catch me in a teal, purple and pink Eagle Pacific 20.5 Open Bow. We're five minutes from tha ramp at Granite Bay but it is the total zoo these days. Don't tell the So Cal guys that you can ski and board at the river all weekend and get smooth water all day. We'll catch ya there next season.

carreraelite
10-06-2002, 04:21 PM
OOps!! Double post!!!
[ October 06, 2002, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: carreraelite ]

carreraelite
10-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Turned 40 on friday!!No big deal, just another day. Spent friday at Parker and Saturday at Havazoo. Had a great birthday weekend!! Age is a matter of mind.....if you don't mind , it doesn't matter!!!! :D :p

Dribble
10-06-2002, 04:23 PM
Advantages to being over 40. (46)
I actually get treated like a high roller at the casinos.
I can race MX senior class, trophy and think I'm fast.
If I ski twice in one day, my friends think I'm some sort of iron man (my wife knows better).
Insurance is cheap.
When you're 20 you only check out young chicks. When you're older you check out (almost) everyone.
If I call in sick, I'm not lying anymore.
We have paid our dues.

bchbum
10-06-2002, 06:42 PM
I loved turning 40 , bought a new boat (midlife crisis ) ? HOPE SO . Taking-up wake boarding next year. Twin 6 year-olds help keep me young. Summer is spent on the water ,winter is spent riding off-road . It's great seeing 6year girls riding their pw50's .
I may not be as good as I once was , but I'm good once as I ever was !

fat rat
10-06-2002, 06:48 PM
$^.......and tired :cool: :cool:

hd&boatrider
10-06-2002, 08:12 PM
43 here and according to some at RD's party a card carrying member of AARP! It is all in attitude and being free to make choices. I don't mind being 43 at all...There are many benefits to already have made and learned from mistakes. Had my birthday a few weeks ago and don't feel any older. Just wiser...I think. lol

Havasu Doug
10-06-2002, 08:48 PM
hd&boatrider:
43 here and according to some at RD's party a card carrying member of AARP! It is all in attitude and being free to make choices. I don't mind being 43 at all...There are many benefits to already have made and learned from mistakes. Had my birthday a few weeks ago and don't feel any older. Just wiser...I think. lolI second what hd&boatrider says even though I'm not quite there yet (37). I was at RD's too and saw Tom having a great time, which in turn, made it more fun for everyone else!
Thanks Tom!

infotraker
10-07-2002, 06:50 AM
Turning 56 and loving it ! Retired 4 years ago to have more boating and Vette time. Picked up a 77 Sanger pickle last year and a 85 Vette, still have the 68 Schiada flat. Age is what you make it, still doing most of the things I did in the twenties (still drive the same boat, 68 Schiada) !). We also float around in Folsom ocean and go to Knights Landing for skiing.

HCS
10-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Dribble:
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
turning 40 next week, started wake boarding this summer...is that crisis thing hitting me????Hey, Norcal spectra, Wake boarding is a crisis.Your in Sactown there's not very many of us on here from Sac. Where do you hang? What lake or river?we go to the ocean called folsom lake....i'd like to go the river but i'm on the lake 15 minutes from my casa. we stay around the south fork..where do you go?Not to hot on Folsom Lake to many people,Like to go to the Sac river north of the airport. Up by knights Landing.Lost of partys on the beaches up there. Great Skiing or what ever your thing is.If I go to a lake it's usually Clementine or Rollins,Try to catch'em when there not busy. :) :cool: I'm there all the time. The beach is called the Hog Farm. Just between Verona and Knights Landing. We used to be there in a Black and Orange Southwind Jet. Now catch me in a teal, purple and pink Eagle Pacific 20.5 Open Bow. We're five minutes from tha ramp at Granite Bay but it is the total zoo these days. Don't tell the So Cal guys that you can ski and board at the river all weekend and get smooth water all day. We'll catch ya there next season.Got a 95 malibu respone,White, green stripes, pink accent.Verona's where it's at! Been going there 20 years. :)

nodigg
10-07-2002, 07:43 AM
hd&boatrider:
43 here and according to some at RD's party a card carrying member of AARP! It is all in attitude and being free to make choices. I don't mind being 43 at all...There are many benefits to already have made and learned from mistakes. Had my birthday a few weeks ago and don't feel any older. Just wiser...I think. lolRIGHT ON HD! Since I AM your dad I won't need to say I am an AARP CREW Member also. Age is just a number quantified by attitude. Unless a jealous young whipper snapper can't keep up in their boat and trash talks the rest of the trip about age. LOL! :D

AZKC
10-07-2002, 08:01 AM
Sitting at 44 yrs young with BC my wife of 25yrs she is 43. We try and stay current in our thinking and fun, our 20 yr old son and his friends have a hard time keeping up with us when we get a roll goin. Lookin forward to Fifty thats when the real parties start....
KC

VitaminSea
10-07-2002, 08:21 AM
Tina, just remember that 20 goes into 40 twice, while 40 can only go into 20 1/2. from your pictures your just hitting your prime. It only gets better from here on. Cliff

beyondhelpin
10-07-2002, 11:15 AM
First of all I want to say thanks to those that sent me an email or posted a reply about my little scare with the ekg. After talking with the cardiologist he thought it looked fine. Just to be on the safe side he sent me in for another one. Every thing is good to go. Time to start acting 20 again! The good of this is it scared the shit out of me and I threw the cigarettes away. So hopfully this little glitch or what ever it was that showed that I had a previous heart attack will make me even more aware of heathy living. What the hell its time to go have a ribeye then a few beers at the strip club then come home and work momma over like a teenager. But no more smokes and little more gym time so I can keep acting like a twenty year old!!!!!!!!

RiverToysJas
10-07-2002, 11:26 AM
hd&boatrider:
43 here and according to some at RD's party a card carrying member of AARP! It is all in attitude and being free to make choices. I don't mind being 43 at all...There are many benefits to already have made and learned from mistakes. Had my birthday a few weeks ago and don't feel any older. Just wiser...I think. lolIt was all in fun HD!!! You're the man bud, we can go one on one with the Tequilla again anytime, as long as I'm not busy for a day or two afterwards! wink

hd&boatrider
10-07-2002, 01:45 PM
I hear you Jason...Actually it was the other people that I was doing shots with at Sundance after you were doing that foam dance that did me in. Nodigg said he had to come and get me so we could all leave. Some funny shit though...lol I stopped counting (and who cares to count anyhow) somewhere in the 10+ range. Lets see, we were there about what 3-4 hours?
Nodigg--Don't be starting any shit now...Be good and get over to the posting about the Cheeta regatta....
Everybody have fun and TRY to be safe!

missboatnam1
10-07-2002, 07:10 PM
beyondhelp, im so happy everything is ok with you, stay off the smokes though, they kill people.....it was a "lil" rude awaking for you... eek!
[ October 07, 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: missboatnam1 ]

NorCal Gameshow
10-07-2002, 09:01 PM
infotraker:
Turning 56 and loving it ! Retired 4 years ago to have more boating and Vette time. Picked up a 77 Sanger pickle last year and a 85 Vette, still have the 68 Schiada flat. Age is what you make it, still doing most of the things I did in the twenties (still drive the same boat, 68 Schiada) !). We also float around in Folsom ocean and go to Knights Landing for skiing.infotraker, i had a '66 schiada flattie, i miss that boat.

76 Sleekcraft
10-08-2002, 03:46 AM
I'm 47, been married almost 25 years. Just got back from the fall motorcycle rally at Myrtle Beach SC. Have 2 boats, water ski a lot, ride the harley etc, life is great! uh oh, wait a minute, I go into the hospital today for a series of tests on my heart, somethings not quite right, but what the hell, its been fun so far! :D

pops1
10-08-2002, 07:28 AM
Jrocket:
missboatnam1:
see HH, thats what im talkin about!!! :( thanks dave wink Yeah but when my grandpa was 80 he traded grandma in for two 40 year olds. :D Did he eat Two Dinners.

pops1
10-08-2002, 07:30 AM
76 Sleekcraft:
I'm 47, been married almost 25 years. Just got back from the fall motorcycle rally at Myrtle Beach SC. Have 2 boats, water ski a lot, ride the harley etc, life is great! uh oh, wait a minute, I go into the hospital today for a series of tests on my heart, somethings not quite right, but what the hell, its been fun so far! :D You will be OK! Have Faith!

LeE ss13
10-08-2002, 07:48 AM
Spirit of Discovery:
Older women,
Make beautiful lovers,
Older Women,
They understand.
I have found out
and I have discovered
Happy birthday, You're enjoying the best years of your life right now!!Amen to that Scott ... I met my first 3 wives when they were 19. The current wife, I met when she was 42. WOCKO SOCKO what a difference !!! Older has it's benefits too !!

XTRM22
10-08-2002, 09:39 AM
It's all how you feel/live, Mrs XTRM is a little north of 40,and I'm a little south, but last weekend was our 14th lake trip this year and if there was more time available we'd have gone more! Old enough to know better, and young enough not to care, or young enough to do what ever, old enough to afford the bail! :D :p :D
Chuck

Back To Havasu
10-08-2002, 09:43 AM
I'm 56, still love tunnel boats with Merc V6s, have been going to Havasu since 1959, and only feel old when I look in the mirror. I am blessed.

shockwavebd
10-08-2002, 11:44 AM
Oh to be 40 again :cool: :cool:

Her454
10-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Tina, thought you might like this......I've changed it around a bit...
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight age and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning more about motors, boats, computers, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop," the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, boating, pets, keepsakes, music, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, a foreign country, but not to guilt country.
10. Tell the people you love, that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
[ October 08, 2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Laveyman
10-08-2002, 12:11 PM
40 as far as the calendar goes, but in my simple little mind, I'm still a young 25 year old stud!

cigarette1
10-08-2002, 02:27 PM
49 in January .... just fell off my skateboard and almost broke my wrist ... it was a header, head over, roll on the back, slam on the hip.
Didn't even slow me down ;-)

missboatnam1
10-08-2002, 05:25 PM
i like that traci!!!!......feeling like part of the crew again :D :D

WETDAWG
10-08-2002, 06:17 PM
40 Old!!!!
No way! You are only as old as you feel!
Wait until you get to my age (40++) and still have a 6 year old kid... Life is good
and it just gets better when the Angles win and I can go to the river in mid October! :D
Hey RoostWear!! You ought to make a decal....Not Old Yet! wink

sandblasted
10-12-2002, 02:42 PM
40 can be very good...My U-12 girls soccer team beat the 1st place team today...Go Greased Lightning!!
come home after the game and find a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from jetboatrich (thanks Rich) and then find a full keg of Molson ale in the backyard from some other friends...
I won't be posting tonight because I plan to be good and drunk...if i can't be at the river then I can have a good time at home, even if I live in Lancaster!!

sandblasted
10-12-2002, 04:00 PM
sandblasted:
40 can be very good...My U-12 girls soccer team beat the 1st place team today...Go Greased Lightning!!
come home after the game and find a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from jetboatrich (thanks Rich) and then find a full keg of Moosehead Lager in the backyard from some other friends...
I won't be posting tonight because I plan to be good and drunk...if i can't be at the river then I can have a good time at home, even if I live in Lancaster!!

24ROD
10-12-2002, 05:44 PM
My wife and I are both 47. We have a great time with our Daughter & Son 24RODjr and his wife. We not only enjoy Boating together. We all love hanging together, because we are the young happinin parents :p

RiverGypsy
10-13-2002, 06:41 PM
I think we are only as old as we want to *feel* If we think old we are...if we think young *we are* Nobody ever believes I have a son 23 years old! ~I'm glad I can still enjoy ROCK, some rap, R & B and evening get into some country! "We've only Just begun!" <smiles>

Badboat1
10-13-2002, 08:20 PM
I'am 41 and my wife is 40 she is still awesome in
everyway.Went to a Harley rally a few weeks ago and she got more beads than you could think.All the peps there thought she was early 30's I think life starts at 40 except body don't work with you on that,takes longer to get over shit (like awesome parties) I hope to come to Havasu this coming year and meet and hang out with all and of course get smashed
Badboat1

sandblasted
10-13-2002, 08:27 PM
How do you know you are old?...Well, i've been celebrating my 40th birthday for 2 days now and the keg of Mooosehead is still about 1/3 full...Man, I must be old...back in the day the keg would have been gone dry in no more that a day...old age sucks...Now give me a beer!!

JetBoatRich
10-14-2002, 03:35 AM
Greg you let me down, your not driving you have to kill that keg! Sorry I missed it, I stopped by an hour early. I should have come by Sunday and helped you with that thing. I'm under 40 for now and like the beer, oh well!
[ October 14, 2002, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

waterslinger
10-14-2002, 07:29 AM
A wise man told me you are only as old as the last girl you had. So go young and go long.