PDA

View Full Version : firewood

squirts
10-01-2002, 05:49 PM
I know this is a little off topic but winter is soon to be here and Im looking for some firewood. I live in Southern California and we use are woodstove for the majority of winter to heat the house. Anybody have any connections that might help me out? I prefer oak or almond or any hardwood and I will travel if the price is right.Im looking for about 3 cords again Thanks

Stupid Fast
10-01-2002, 05:53 PM
squirts:
I will travel if the price is right.Im looking for about 3 cords again ThanksI can get it for $120-$150 a cord split. Kinda a long drive though :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
10-01-2002, 07:43 PM
Ohio, seems tempting if you were one state closer.

ROZ
10-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Where in so cal are you??? A friend of my parents have a firewood business in northern san diego county. I don't know what the price is like, but they seem like very fair peeps. Let me know if you'd like their number.

NorCal Gameshow
10-02-2002, 12:15 AM
firewood in southern california ? are you going to kick on the a/c to get it cold enough to need a fire ?

JetBoatRich
10-02-2002, 03:36 AM
Sure it's So.Cal, but I use firewood for the Camp Fires we paid $170 last year for a cord. Everybody loves deals, sounds good drinking by the fire with your friends, you make up better stories as you comsume more beer.

AZKC
10-02-2002, 11:11 AM
There is a huge firewood sales lot right of I-10
on the far west side of Tucson about 1 1/2 hrs out of Phoenix. They have all types of wood. I'll try and dig up a phone #.
KC

beyondhelpin
10-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Can you say pallets!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
10-06-2002, 07:22 PM
There is a place in Pasadena on the corner of Foothill and San Gabriel that sells firewood.

maxbowride
10-07-2002, 04:01 AM
ROZ:
Where in so cal are you??? A friend of my parents have a firewood business in northern san diego county. I don't know what the price is like, but they seem like very fair peeps. Let me know if you'd like their number.ROZ
I would like to have that, between camping and the fireplace we burn our share of wood in san diego

ROZ
10-07-2002, 02:27 PM
MBR(or anyone else),
The company name is Aspen Firewood. They supply many campgrounds in SoCal. Call Mark or Leslie @ 760-749-5469. Tell them that Mark Rozmus's son Chris sent you. Very nice, fair people. They have many different types of wood as well as cuts. You just need to know what type you want.
There is a Firewood company on Mission Rd in San Marcos. 78FWY/Twin oaks area. I'll post their number tomorrow....We have never dealt with them before, but I'll get the number and post it.

squirts
10-07-2002, 04:03 PM
Pallets I wonder how many it would it take to make up 3 cords :) Im mainly looking for oak almond hardwoods with 18in. cuts already split. If they come at 24in I can always recut. Driving to Ohio is a little to far I was hopeing I would not have to go any farther than 3 hours as I live in Lakewood. Anybody live new 29 palms or Joshua tree I saw some guy off the side of the highway yesterday comin home from the river and he had a set-up right off the highway dont know what kind of wood though.

Lightning
10-07-2002, 04:06 PM
We are about to cut four - 60 ft. Eucalyptus trees. This should be completed before Thanksgiving if you can wait that long, you can have as much as you want for free.

maxbowride
10-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Lightning:
We are about to cut four - 60 ft. Eucalyptus trees. This should be completed before Thanksgiving if you can wait that long, you can have as much as you want for free.I am there, tell me when

beyondhelpin
10-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Squirts
Just kidding on the pallets. When I lived in San Diego and we were going to make a fire at the beach, pallets were the easiest and cheapest wood around. On a serious side, wont burning Eucalyptus in your stove cause fire hazard problems with oil and tar in your stove pipe?

missboatnam1
10-07-2002, 10:10 PM
i got tree's that need tremming :D ok., that one just gave me one star.....just a joke ( i really do though)

ROZ
10-07-2002, 11:20 PM
beyondhelpin:
Squirts
Just kidding on the pallets. When I lived in San Diego and we were going to make a fire at the beach, pallets were the easiest and cheapest wood around. On a serious side, wont burning Eucalyptus in your stove cause fire hazard problems with oil and tar in your stove pipe?Correct sir! Euc. should be thoroughly dried before using and then sould be used as "starter" logs followed by something like oak or avocado.
I'd wait until next season to burn it.

maxbowride
10-08-2002, 04:08 AM
ROZ:
beyondhelpin:
Squirts
Just kidding on the pallets. When I lived in San Diego and we were going to make a fire at the beach, pallets were the easiest and cheapest wood around. On a serious side, wont burning Eucalyptus in your stove cause fire hazard problems with oil and tar in your stove pipe?Correct sir! Euc. should be thoroughly dried before using and then sould be used as "starter" logs followed by something like oak or avocado.
I'd wait until next season to burn it.Eucalyptus will burn just fine in my buddies fire pit in the dez, this year or next.
I'll split it and stack it criss cross in the sun and it will burn just fine this year.