PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Crash

OOfatso
09-03-2002, 05:58 AM
Hey Guy's
Well we (Family) made it through another Holiday weekend with-out too many problems, but I saw something that caught my eye on Saturday... Going down to Havasu saw a bunch of people in the water and when we were coming back up there was a Sherrifs boat tied to something and on Sunday I saw the Hull to something.. Hopefully no-one was killed! Anyone see anything..
OOfatso :confused:

Hallett19
09-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I think what you are talking about was a boat that split down the middle. It was a newer custom boat and the owner said the driver was cruising behind a big boat, hit a wake and the entire thing split, the deck flew off and the back of the boat sank to the bottom. I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter :)

JetBoatRich
09-05-2002, 08:18 PM
"I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter "
Hit while in shock, good move :D :confused:

hd&boatrider
09-05-2002, 10:47 PM
What kind of boat was it that split in half?

OOfatso
09-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Hey HD&B,
From the size of the hull that I saw that was left,it appeared to maybe be 18 to 21 footer. I could be wrong though because it was busted up pretty good. Man that has to suck! How many people were on the boat? If I remeber corectly, I only saw a couple of people in the water with boats around them. Hopefully everyone made it out OK. Man, Sh*t happens quick when your on the water.
OOfatso

shockwaveharry
09-06-2002, 08:05 AM
hd&boatrider:
What kind of boat was it that split in half?Hallett19 talked to the owner. So.. what was it? An "A" boat? "B"? "C"? "D"?... wink

RiverDave2
09-06-2002, 03:27 PM
"H"??
:D LMAO
(Harry, now that was some funny shiznit.)
RD

sandblasted
09-06-2002, 08:01 PM
Sure it wasn't a bayliner? what kind of boat falls apart from hitting a wake? If it was a newer custom boat with a place diverter than it was probably a 21 footer..Probably cost around $35-40,000 new...so exactly what did the owner pay for?
I mean a friggin $40,000 boat should not fall apart from hitting a wake, unless it was the wave from "The Perfect Storm"!!

OOfatso
09-07-2002, 07:56 AM
Ya know, there may have already been some stress cracks or someyhing like that, because I agree, any new boat seems to be built with some pretty good Sh*t. I will say one thing though, there was about a 10ft section of a tree that floated up on to my Bosses beach and it took 8 guys (185lbs. to about 250lbs.)just to roll it over 1 time!!!!I dont even want to think what kind of damage that thing would have done to my 29, I guarentee it would have ripped the outdrive off!!!! I swear, that was the biggest floating log that I have every seen in my life at the River!!!
OOfatso

PICKLEtheLOAD
09-07-2002, 07:59 PM
The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside, it was pretty nice, minus the fact it was split in the middle. By the way, Hallett asking for the diverter, you have to strike while cauldon is hot.

FastTimmy
09-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Yes the bow did split at the molding back to abought the windshield erea, but the top of the bow was ripped off while trying to unsuccessfully pull the boat up just after the accident.
It did look like a newer 21' closed bow jet.

Mohavekid
09-08-2002, 04:42 PM
I'd hate to be the owner of that boat company come Monday morning when the boat owner comes a callin. :mad:

shockwaveharry
09-09-2002, 05:47 AM
PICKLEtheLOAD
[QB]The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside...QB]O.K. So, two people have talked personally to the boat owner, the mfgr. is in Riverside... "E"? "F"?

OOfatso
09-09-2002, 06:03 AM
Ok,
Lets see..... How many boat builders are there in Riverside?????????
OOfatso :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

flat broke
09-09-2002, 06:24 AM
Hallett19:
I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter :) I hope you're kidding. For god's sake, the guys boat just sank. That'd be on par with stopping at a fatality accident and asking if the stereo equip is for sale.
Chris

OOfatso
09-09-2002, 06:33 AM
shockwaveharry:
PICKLEtheLOAD
[QB]The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside...QB]O.K. So, two people have talked personally to the boat owner, the mfgr. is in Riverside... "E"? "F"?Ya Know the whole things sucks no matter how you look at it but the main thing is hopefully No-One was hurt or Killed!!!
OOfatso :)

Charley
09-09-2002, 11:16 AM
Why are we afraid to name this manufacturer here?.... lets put them on the line here and see how they handle the situation!

OOfatso
09-09-2002, 11:19 AM
hey Guy's,
Look in the Forum Graphic Depot... Another flip!!!
OOfatso :confused: :confused: :confused:

BowTie Rick
09-09-2002, 11:42 AM
Charley:
Why are we afraid to name this manufacturer here?.... lets put them on the line here and see how they handle the situation!No doubt, I keep checking to see who it was. I am sort of in the market for a new ride and would like to know for obvious reasons. Most likely it was a fluke and not representative of their product but knowing would be helpful. :confused:

OOfatso
09-09-2002, 11:56 AM
BowTie Rick:
Charley:
Why are we afraid to name this manufacturer here?.... lets put them on the line here and see how they handle the situation!No doubt, I keep checking to see who it was. I am sort of in the market for a new ride and would like to know for obvious reasons. Most likely it was a fluke and not representative of their product but knowing would be helpful. :confused: Boy,
That got to be the suckiest fluke for ANY boat builder!!!! I have heard of a few new boats getting a spider crack or two and usually the builder steps up and fixes it but Sh*t, busting in half....
OOfatso :confused: :confused: :confused:

220EagleXp
09-10-2002, 06:20 PM
So who built the boat, cmmmmooooooonnnnn give it up. :D

Hallett19
09-10-2002, 07:45 PM
I got the owners phone #, I want to call and see what the deal is with the place diverter, I'll ask the name of the builder.

OOfatso
09-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Hallett19:
I got the owners phone #, I want to call and see what the deal is with the place diverter, I'll ask the name of the builder.Hey hallet 19,
Did you ever get a phone call off to the guy...... ?????
OOfatso
:confused:

shockwaveharry
09-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Well???????????

shockwavebd
09-14-2002, 06:48 PM
I can tell you who it wasn't :D :D :D

rude235
09-15-2002, 08:06 PM
you've definitely got my attention! who made the thing?!

Bense468
09-15-2002, 10:47 PM
Damn this is draggin. We are boaters and we should no the truth.

OOfatso
09-16-2002, 05:14 AM
?????

JetBoatRich
09-16-2002, 05:43 AM
Bense468:
Damn this is draggin. We are boaters and we should no the truth.The truth or will they tell us what we want to hear?

OOfatso
09-16-2002, 05:49 AM
??????
Oofatso
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
[ September 24, 2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: ***boat ]

Laveyman
09-17-2002, 03:59 AM
How's about AFTERSHOCK. They're the only boat builder I know of in Riverside.

Laveyman
09-18-2002, 07:02 AM
Well....Anyone agree/disagree? Any more info?

THOR
09-18-2002, 07:17 AM
I dont know what to think after all this stuff.
What was the question again?

shockwaveharry
09-18-2002, 09:13 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Two guys know what boat it was because they were there and spoke personally with the unfortunate owner. What aren't they telling us?

Laveyman
09-18-2002, 10:07 AM
It has always been one of my beliefs that one of better uses of these types of message boards is the exchange of information between those with common interests, or to expose others to maybe a different point of view. You go to OSO or some of the other prominent boating message boards and folks there tell it like it is. None of this withholding garbage.
Every manufacturer can, and probably has, screwed up and put out a lemon. That's what happens when you have humans doing the work. Nobody's perfect. What the manufacturer does AFTER it has been discovered there was a problem is what's important.
I don't think anyone here is looking to slam any particular manufacturer for putting out crappy boats across the board. I think most folks would like to know so they can follow it and see how it is handled. I know that if I bought or plan to buy, a boat from manufacturer "X", I would like to know how they handle a major situation like this. A lot of money is invested in these toys, and info like this would likely help one decide whether or not to do business with "X".
So...Come on guys. Give it up.

GBLASER
09-24-2002, 06:22 AM
Just don't want this to go away without finding out who the manufacturer is ...What is the big secret...isn't Boatworks (Omega?) in Riverside?

OOfatso
09-24-2002, 06:40 AM
GBLASER:
Just don't want this to go away without finding out who the manufacturer is ...What is the big secret...isn't Boatworks (Omega?) in Riverside?Hey GBLaser,
Thanks for bringing this subject back to life!!! As a matter of fact here is a "5 Star" rating for ya! I kind of got the impression that whoever the boat manufature was of the Boat that broke apart and sank must be paying some real good "Hush" money because no one knows what type sank. I said it before and I will say again.."Hopefully" no one got hurt or lost there life in this accident. I know that there have been a few respnse to the thread from people that actually talked to this guy.... but the only thing that is for sure is it had a place diverter????
OOfatso
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

GBLASER
09-25-2002, 02:28 PM
OK!! back up to the top....

GBLASER
09-26-2002, 09:55 AM
HEY!!!! What happened to this story... Someone knows what happened so please let us all in.

OOfatso
09-26-2002, 10:04 AM
GBLASER:
HEY!!!! What happened to this story... Someone knows what happened so please let us all in.Hey GBlaser!
SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Someone might not want us to know!!!!
OOfatso
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: eek! :cool: :cool:

superV
09-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Hallett19:
I got the owners phone #, I want to call and see what the deal is with the place diverter, I'll ask the name of the builder.How could you talk to guy at the removal site and not know the builder? Or did some get a free place diverter!
:mad:

OOfatso
09-26-2002, 11:49 AM
superV:
Hallett19:
I got the owners phone #, I want to call and see what the deal is with the place diverter, I'll ask the name of the builder.How could you talk to guy at the removal site and not know the builder? Or did some get a free place diverter!
:mad: Hey....
Mabey a insurance scheme..... We need to ask Boat Cop!!! Maybe there is a REWARD!!!!
OOfatso
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

superV
09-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Someone needs to speak up! We all want to know...

superV
09-26-2002, 11:53 AM
There must have been an accident report filled out? Mayby BoatCop can get a copy?

OOfatso
09-26-2002, 11:58 AM
superV:
There must have been an accident report filled out? Mayby BoatCop can get a copy?Hey SuperV,
I hate to say it... but if someone got all F**k-up and maybe even killed, there would be all kinds of info....
OOfatso
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

shockwaveharry
09-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Maybe it's some kind of conspiracy... An elitist, secretive group of boat builders who identify themselves only by single letters of the english alphabet ("Good morning Mr. H Builder." they say...)as they sit around a large oak table in leather chairs, smoking Cuban cigars, sipping warmed brandy and stroaking their beards discussing which competitors their secret moles will laud and which they will villify on the various forums and message boards of the internet...
http://www.timelord.co.uk/scifi/pics/truth.jpg

OOfatso
09-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey Shockwaveharry,
I liked that theory... ya put a lot of thought into that!!! So...BAM.. ther's ya a "5 Star" rating.
OOfatso
wink wink wink

sillywilly
09-26-2002, 05:31 PM
And to think these "custom boat builders" as they call themselves can knock a "production boat" as they call a scarab or a fountain. Well All I know is that my "production" 33 scarab was 6' out of the water in 4-6' seas last weekend. We launched that thing thirty times at least. Came down so hard once one of my passengers almost blew his knee out. I heard of a similar story with a boat built in Havasu by one of the popular manufacturers. It was about a thirty footer. Boat was going about 70mph in the ocean when it came apart. Killed the driver. The passenger, his wife or girlfriend lost both legs and one arm, not to mention many other injuries. Too many people buying sold on these boats with fancy gelcoat work that come at a cheap price. Buyer beware

GBLASER
09-27-2002, 08:38 AM
If boats are comming apart and people are getting hurt, why can't we get names....We all just want to be safe so come on already.......By the way ...I do feel like I'm being watched... for bringing this up all the time.

OOfatso
09-27-2002, 01:20 PM
GBLASER:
If boats are comming apart and people are getting hurt, why can't we get names....We all just want to be safe so come on already.......By the way ...I do feel like I'm being watched... for bringing this up all the time.Yeah,
That me watching ya!!!!... It seemed like this info died out a few days ago and I even had another guy on another thread Bag on me because I was just trying to find out what happened...
OOfatso
:p

rude235
09-27-2002, 01:36 PM
HOLY $H!T WOULD SOMEONE SPILL THE BEANS ALREADY!!! i'd love to hear more stories on who is building boats that are coming apart. at least we would all know who to avoid. or at least which ones shouldn't be on big water. these toys cost way to much to be wondering "am i driving a boat that will come apart at any time?" so let's hear it, who's building these time bombs?

shockwaveharry
09-28-2002, 09:01 AM
OOfatso:
[QUOTE]...and I even had another guy on another thread Bag on me because I was just trying to find out what happened...
OOfatso
:p Who? Where?

shockwaveharry
10-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Still wondering...

OOfatso
10-02-2002, 10:47 AM
SSSSSSSooooooooooo am I!!!!
Ok, lets start mnaming some manufactures in Riverside....Shockwave....Aftershock....Eliminater ....?????????
OOfatso

GBLASER
10-02-2002, 11:26 AM
OK ... How about boatcop....There must have been a report or something. Maybe that will tell?
Isn't boatworks in Riverside also?

shockwaveharry
10-02-2002, 12:52 PM
OOfatso:
SSSSSSSooooooooooo am I!!!!
Ok, lets start mnaming some manufactures in Riverside....Shockwave....Aftershock....Eliminater ....?????????
OOfatso
:confused: Shockwave is in Corona. IMO, the LAST boat in the world to split down the middle.
Eliminator is in Mira Loma.
Aftershock recently moved to Riverside but I think they still work out of Perris.

OOfatso
10-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks shockwave!
The post wasnt a slam on anyone... just asking the people out there who was in riverside??? At first I thought maybe even a Bayliner... But they dont come in a jet.
OOfatso
:confused: :confused:

OOfatso
10-02-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey Shockwave,
How are the sales on the 29ft doing these days...... Man that was my second choice... seemed pretty nice.
OOfatso
:D

shockwaveharry
10-02-2002, 01:51 PM
It seemed that every time I stopped by their shop this summer there was a bitchin 29 being put together for some lucky SOB! Someday...

squirts
10-02-2002, 06:37 PM
I hope nobody tells me to go to Havasu to get my firewood.

OOfatso
10-03-2002, 04:15 PM
HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ?????
Any one out there????
Looks like this thread is dying one of the slowest death's I have ever seen...
OOfatso
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( frown

rude235
10-03-2002, 05:14 PM
you can say that again. and the sad thing is we'll never know what boat cracked up out there and if the manufacturer is going to correct the problemL!

GBLASER
10-09-2002, 06:32 AM
back to the top

WETDAWG
10-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey!!
Isnt Galaxy Boats in Riverside? wink :)
or is that Bayliner II? :D

hot_diggity_dog
10-10-2002, 12:19 PM
All right someone out there knows. What's the deal

shockwaveharry
10-11-2002, 10:25 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
All right someone out there knows. What's the dealAsk these guys:
Hallett19:
Yeah, I think what you are talking about was a boat that split down the middle. It was a newer custom boat and the owner said the driver was cruising behind a big boat, hit a wake and the entire thing split, the deck flew off and the back of the boat sank to the bottom. I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter :) PICKLEtheLOAD:
The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside, it was pretty nice, minus the fact it was split in the middle. By the way, Hallett asking for the diverter, you have to strike while cauldon is hot.

hot_diggity_dog
10-11-2002, 10:27 AM
All I can say is X-Files
HDD

OOfatso
10-11-2002, 10:31 AM
Man,
This has got to be one of the best well kept secrets that i have seen in a long time!!!!
OOfatso

superV
10-11-2002, 10:34 AM
shockwaveharry:
hot_diggity_dog:
All right someone out there knows. What's the dealAsk these guys:
Hallett19:
Yeah, I think what you are talking about was a boat that split down the middle. It was a newer custom boat and the owner said the driver was cruising behind a big boat, hit a wake and the entire thing split, the deck flew off and the back of the boat sank to the bottom. I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter :) PICKLEtheLOAD:
The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside, it was pretty nice, minus the fact it was split in the middle. By the way, Hallett asking for the diverter, you have to strike while cauldon is hot.You now i really think its bull shit these guys are on the boards all the time and will not speak up! What kind of shit is that. Dame this really pisses me off. And you call your self hot boaters? You mean to tell me you talk to the owner saw the boat and dont know what ****ing make it was? CHICKEN SHIT MFs
Sorry to come off so rude but God Dame what a bunch of shit this is. Its only been like a Month or more. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OOfatso
10-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Sh*t,
I think that am going to need some counsling about this post.... Sh*t, we know more about what is going on in the War, than we do about this boat that sunk!!!!!!
OOfatso
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

superV
10-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Im Feeling ya Bro! This is complete Bull Shit...

wsm9808
10-11-2002, 11:40 AM
damn, I just read this thread for the first time today, it sure took a long time to get to nowhere.
I felt kinda bad about selling my custom jet this summer and buying a Scarab, But now my "production" boat is looking pretty good. I had a 19ft gullwing tunnel(Condor) that split the bow a few years ago.

OOfatso
10-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Here is the original thread..... I think that the other guys are talking abot a boat on the July 4 holidays and the one i saw was on the labor day weekend.
OOfatso
:D

OOfatso
10-16-2002, 03:54 PM
WEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL??????????