PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Valve Covers

P-Money
09-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know where I could get a set of tall carbon fiber valve covers for a BB Chevy?

Sangster
09-23-2002, 10:15 AM
P-Money:
Does anyone know where I could get a set of tall carbon fiber valve covers for a BB Chevy?They used to be in Summit Or Jegs.. I was going to get a set and they discontinued them..Call there Tech Line, maybe they can point you in the right direction ..let me know wh :cool: at you find..Check this place out, they do alot of Carbon Fiber stuff Here's there site (http://www.gospitzer.com/)
[ September 23, 2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

P-Money
09-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the help Sangster. I checked out that site and they seem to have everything carbon fiber except valve covers. Do you happen to remember the price Jegs/Summit quoted you? One site I did find was Total Control Products LLC, but these don't look like they are talls. Here's that site: http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/valvecovers.html

Sangster
09-23-2002, 11:26 AM
P-$$, Those look like the same size as the ones I seen.. If I remember right, They were around $350.00 set for what they called "Tall BBC".. I'll keep an eye outfor them..Are you runnung stud girdels ?

P-Money
09-23-2002, 11:51 AM
No stud girdels as of yet, but I'm seriously considering them. I'm in the process of getting the motor back together. I stepped up to a 500ci with a 6-71 and I'm thinking that girdels would be a good investment. My main reason for wanting carbon fiber is that the valve covers eventually begin to rust. I've clearcoated and after a while ended up with the same results. I could go with polished aluminum, but I like the look of the carbon fiber covers.

FlatOut4Me
09-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Just seen these in the new Summit cat. CompCams makes a polymer composite(plastic???)valve cover.
The ad says they'll clear stud girdles. $60.00pr
The $$$ is right, I wonder if they're a pile of crap.

Sangster
09-23-2002, 01:04 PM
I hear ya, I'm running a Carbon Fiber Scoop and was hoping to find valve Covers also..If you find any, let me know......

P-Money
09-23-2002, 01:09 PM
FlatOut4Me, I also seen those valve cover (color choices of red, blue and black, right?). I don't know if they are crap, but I think they look like crap.
Sangster, If I find any, I'll let you know.

FlatOut4Me
09-23-2002, 01:12 PM
P-Money:
FlatOut4Me, I also seen those valve cover (color choices of red, blue and black, right?). I don't know if they are crap, but I think they look like crap.
Sangster, If I find any, I'll let you know.your thinkin what i'm thinkin

Kurtis500
09-23-2002, 01:58 PM
I think the plastic valve covers have a problem with warping under the bolts being torqued. I have heard of this problem from others but havent tried them myself. Composites with glass or fiber are much more rigid than plastics in this case.

Backtanner
09-23-2002, 03:10 PM
I think these are what you're refering to.$59.95 from summit. http://store.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/cca-vh027.jpg
[ September 23, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Backtanner ]

boatnam2
09-23-2002, 03:40 PM
i had those plastic ones, threw them in the trash they are junk!

Sangster
09-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Kurtis500:
I think the plastic valve covers have a problem with warping under the bolts being torqued. I have heard of this problem from others but havent tried them myself. Composites with glass or fiber are much more rigid than plastics in this case.The one's I.ve seen had a Billet rail in it

P-Money
09-24-2002, 05:08 AM
I talked with Total Control Products last night and they told me that they dicontinued the carbon fiber valve covers becuase they weren't selling as many as they would like. I think thats gonna be the story I hear from a lot of people. Didn't anyone ever buy a set and not like them? I willing to buy used!
As far as those plasitic covers go, those things look like bad news. Someone with those on a motor should be beat.

superdave013
09-24-2002, 05:23 AM
If you don't find the carbon ones. I have a brand new set of sheet metal deals that I would love to sell or trade. They won't clear my CMI headers, bassetts or logs would be no problem. They have never had a gasket attached to them . I would love to trade for a set of those angled jobs that will clear my pipes.

P-Money
09-24-2002, 06:57 AM
SuperDave13, Do you have a pic you can post along with a price? If I can't find carbon fiber, I'm gonna just go with some from Edelbrock. I want to get out on the water at least once before the snow starts to fly.

superdave013
09-24-2002, 11:54 AM
P-Money:
SuperDave13, Do you have a pic you can post along with a price? If I can't find carbon fiber, I'm gonna just go with some from Edelbrock. I want to get out on the water at least once before the snow starts to fly.Sorry, but they got snapped right up.

P-Money
10-17-2002, 09:01 AM
Anyone know who posted the pics of the hydro with the carbon fiber value covers in the grahics forum (Darren?)? If its YOU, where did you get all that carbon fiber equipment?!

Oldsquirt
10-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Check this thread...... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001306