PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Jetboatguru
03-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Ron "Mad Dog" Bolton passed away over the weekend. To the Bolton Family and Jim Bandelin, we are very very sorry.
Tony Scarlata.

dmontzsta
03-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Ron "Mad Dog" Bolton passed away over the weekend. To the Bolton Family and Jim Bandelin, we are very very sorry.
Tony Scarlata.
:( Wow, that is a serious blow to my morning. VERY, VERY bad news. I had the great pleasure of hanging out with Ron at his shop (thanks Jerry). I had always heard he was a tough guy, but he was more than happy to break down some Spitfire history and tell me where to place my gear. I will remember that day forever now. What a blow to the sport. :(
R.I.P. Ron

gnRacer98
03-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Godspeed "Mad Dog".

Moneypitt
03-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I am speechless........Ron was one of the nicest people you could've ever known, a great asset to anything he did. He will be missed by all that knew him.......R I P K9 Ron..........Ray
PS: I've got to add, I met Ron and his father at Burley in the early 90s. They both coached us, offered their wisdom and experience, talked about boat set up and bad air engine tuning.......Ron's explanations about how boats are suppose to look and sound on the water is something I will never forget. The Kelron boats they built are legends in their own time. What a shame that Ron expired before seeing the non capped Ks back in APBA competition. The Motorsport fans, competitors, and friends, have truely lost an icon of the past, present, and future........

kipperps28
03-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Godspeed, Ron. What a sad piece of news. Our prayers to the family.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Rest in Peace Ron...
My condolences to the Bolton family.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Copy%20of%20Vintage%20Boat%20ads%20002.jpg

vdriver4ever
03-20-2006, 12:55 PM
My condolences to the family.
I met Ron in Burley years ago and his was the first boat racing t-shirt I bought.

Chris Kenner - PS681
03-20-2006, 01:09 PM
I used to read about the "Mad Dog" & his K-9 Kelron Racing boats back in Australia many years ago when I was just a kid. It was soo cool to meet him finally last year. What a great guy. He will be sadly missed. To Ron's family, our thoughts are with you all.

dossangers
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Truly a K-BOAT LEGEND!! and im glad to have had the pleasure of hanging out with him with my boat at irvine. Because ive been watching him drive for years and admired his talent.

supremeWAXer
03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
well everyone thankyou much ron was truely a nice , smart , very outgoing person but his time came an he will be missed greatly from evryone an the sport of K-BOAT RACING

WILDERTHANU
03-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm very sorry to hear the circle boat community lost a legend this weekend. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Beautiful Noise
03-20-2006, 06:44 PM
My condolences to the family.

GofastRacer
03-20-2006, 07:08 PM
How sad he was a great guy, RIP thoughts and prayers go out to the family!..

haulina29
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Boat 94 KELRON Haulin Skivies , sad news indeed .

Dave Sammons
03-20-2006, 07:47 PM
We've lost a truly great guy. I'll always cherish the times I've spent with him either at the boat races or Goodguy events or just talking at the shop. I can honestly say I have never respected a Driver/Fabricator more than I did Ron. My condolances to the Bolton family. Godspeed Ronny.

circleboatKIDD
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Very sad to hear this. Condolences to the Bolton family

LeE ss13
03-20-2006, 07:56 PM
So sad. Great guy. Met Ron in 1977 when I bought a Spitfire. Last saw him at Irvine last year.

BILLY.B
03-20-2006, 08:25 PM
When I got the phone call at around 8:00 am this morning I was in shock. Ron was one of those guys who could easily intimidate someone just by his personality and size, not to mention the way he drove a boat (all out). When I first met Ron back in 1977 he was very informative even to a kid (myself) and that continued up to the last time we spoke at the World Finals. I spoke to Jim Bandelian this morning and could tell that he was a lost for words. He lost a great friend whom he spent alot of time with (2 times a day for breakfast & lunch) and Jim just didn't know what to do. I told him that one of my funniest memorys of Ron was this year at Red Bluff. Jim & Ron were leaving the pits in Jims swat van and were headed right at me. I was wearing Hud's famous BB-Que apron (towel in front that lifts up and exposes a huge penis) and I lifted the towel and I thought that Ron was going to split a gut. You'd have to really know Ron to know that he always looked serious so seeing him like that is how i'll always remember him...........We ALL take our time on earth for granted some way or another and it's times like this that brings you back to reality. Ron was truley a class guy. I just wish I could of told him how much I admired his quality of workmanship and the way he treated everyone who needed help. My condolences to his wife, daughter, family & friends.

dmontzsta
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
When I got the phone call at around 8:00 am this morning I was in shock. Ron was one of those guys who could easily intimidate someone just by his personality and size, not to mention the way he drove a boat (all out). When I first met Ron back in 1977 he was very informative even to a kid (myself) and that continued up to the last time we spoke at the World Finals. I spoke to Jim Bandelian this morning and could tell that he was a lost for words. He lost a great friend whom he spent alot of time with (2 times a day for breakfast & lunch) and Jim just didn't know what to do. I told him that one of my funniest memorys of Ron was this year at Red Bluff. Jim & Ron were leaving the pits in Jims swat van and were headed right at me. I was wearing Hud's famous BB-Que apron (towel in front that lifts up and exposes a huge penis) and I lifted the towel and I thought that Ron was going to split a gut. You'd have to really know Ron to know that he always looked serious so seeing him like that is how i'll always remember him...........We ALL take our time on earth for granted some way or another and it's times like this that brings you back to reality. Ron was truley a class guy. I just wish I could of told him how much I admired his quality of workmanship and the way he treated everyone who needed help. My condolences to his wife, daughter, family & friends.
Thanks for sharing that Billy.
When I first met Ron back in 1977 he was very informative even to a kid (myself)
He continued this even almost 30 years later. This is how I felt when I met him. After I told him "Thanks" He said "No problem, you are the next generation". I was a happy guy after that day. I told everyone I knew how helpful he was, he really got me pumped. :(

uclahater
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
We just lost another Hero of Boat racing!!! Ron Bolton was a great guy willing to share his knowledge with anyone. Jim B sorry about your loss of such a great friend.
Jim

Flat Hall'N
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM
I used to hear great stories about Ron. I only had the oppurtunity to meet Ronny once at his shop to look at a revenge he had for sale. He had some really bitchen photos of his K racing days and had nothing but good things to say and some great stories & advice to share. Godspeed Ronny. Condolenses to the Bolton family. He will be missed.

gnRacer98
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
If anyone has information regarding services please post it. I'm sure a number of people would be interested and this is always a difficult time for the family to remember all Ronnie's friends from years past.
Again, my condolences to the family.

supremeWAXer
03-22-2006, 02:50 PM
services will be held TUESDAY the 28 when a time is gathered i will let people know thankyou and hope to see alot of you there

the real k-boat king
03-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Gordy talked to toots (Rons Mother) tonight and found out all the information on the services. The viewing is Monday March 27 at All Souls Mortuaire, 4400 Cherry Avenue, Long Beach from 3:00-8:00 and the service is Tuesday March 28 at the same place at 11:00. Cards can be sent to Debbie and Kattie Boulton: 3693 Hackett Avenue, Long Beach Ca 90808. The Mortuaire phone number is (562)424-8601. Ron will dearly be missed by all boat racers. Every story gordy and I can remember about ron brought lots of laughter. I will never forget the time that a bunch of us went to the barefoot bar in San Deigo and when it was time to leave the bar we all loaded up in two different taxis and raced back to the hotel. When ron got in his taxi he new his team was not going to loose to gordy. So he shoved the taxi drivers foot over and gased the taxi all the way back to the hotel. Of course his team won and we were all shocked that we didnt get thrown in jail. Thanks for that great memory ron. We will see you at the FINISH LINE