PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 Rememberance

SchellSchock
09-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Recently there has been an e-mail circulating telling people to turn on their car headlights on September 11th in remembrance. Well, quite frankly I don't think to many of us have forgotten about September 11th and I personally don't think turning our headlights on will make a big difference in our world.
So instead , why not use September 11th to practice random acts of kindness. Do something nice for a complete stranger. Buy a coffee at Starbucks for the person next to you. Pay for the persons toll behind you on the bridge. Bring cookies to your local fireman, pick flowers for a total stranger. And when they ask you why? Tell them it's in rememberance of what happened one year ago, September 11th .
We could all use being a little nicer to each other because you never know what tomorrow brings.
It maybe a small gesture but hopefully it will have a huge impact. It may not make a difference in the world but I'm sure it will make a difference in that persons day. And who knows, maybe that person will pass along their random act of kindness to someone else and eventually it will make a difference in the world.
Do something nice .
Have a great day!...and God Bless! ....and think how lucky we all really are!

HCS
09-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Buy beer and drink it.Then buy more beer and drink it!This will boost your spirits and the economy!! :)

BigDaddy
09-11-2002, 08:05 PM
SchellSchock:
Recently there has been an e-mail circulating telling people to turn on their car headlights on September 11th in remembrance. Well, quite frankly I don't think to many of us have forgotten about September 11th and I personally don't think turning our headlights on will make a big difference in our world.
So instead , why not use September 11th to practice random acts of kindness. Do something nice for a complete stranger. Buy a coffee at Starbucks for the person next to you. Pay for the persons toll behind you on the bridge. Bring cookies to your local fireman, pick flowers for a total stranger. And when they ask you why? Tell them it's in rememberance of what happened one year ago, September 11th .
We could all use being a little nicer to each other because you never know what tomorrow brings.
It maybe a small gesture but hopefully it will have a huge impact. It may not make a difference in the world but I'm sure it will make a difference in that persons day. And who knows, maybe that person will pass along their random act of kindness to someone else and eventually it will make a difference in the world.
Do something nice .
Have a great day!...and God Bless! ....and think how lucky we all really are!Well ShellShock I posted a Topic on remember 911 maybe you didnt see it any way Thanks and I sgree with you.
http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data/001/3F/3B/28/4B/pt97GFQNV-i+WQ1TQOim3+ZERzeCpNdf0180.jpg
Amen

kcm21
09-12-2002, 02:50 PM
that truely is an awesome picture.....i looked at it and it is awesome
-kev-

fat rat
09-12-2002, 06:44 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Buy beer and drink it.Then buy more beer and drink it!This will boost your spirits and the economy!! :) WHY!!!!