PDA

View Full Version : Calling Amy!

markc
03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Amy, hows your foot from Parker, did you break it? are you going to be at Elsinore.....
Mark

h20skiracer
03-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm not going to make Elsinore :cry: But I didn't break it. Thank goodness! I have nerve damage into my toes though, and I can't feel my toes still really. Here are some pics of my foot last week:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3385toes.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/33851.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/33853.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/33852.jpg
I am walking now though. I was going to try to ski Elsinore, but it is still way too tender. I am hoping for Puddingstone. We will see what happens!

markc
03-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Ouch! it still looks swolen(sp) see you at pudingstone.......

h20skiracer
03-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, it is still swollen unfortunatley. But it doesn't look like a club anymore. I looks like a fat foot now. Look forward to seeing you at Puddingstone!

SGettmann
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi Amy - sorry to read/see the condition of your foot. What happened at Parker? I talked to Mike Beemis this morning on the phone. Said that Parker was blown out and cold - I should of went - that's perfect conditions for racing for a skier from Idaho. (Just kidding, even I like mellower conditions).
Good luck with your recovery. you doing the ice massage several times per day? Frozen Dixie ice cups in circular motions were the secret from my cross country/ironman days.

h20skiracer
03-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi Amy - sorry to read/see the condition of your foot. What happened at Parker? I talked to Mike Beemis this morning on the phone. Said that Parker was blown out and cold - I should of went - that's perfect conditions for racing for a skier from Idaho. (Just kidding, even I like mellower conditions).
Good luck with your recovery. you doing the ice massage several times per day? Frozen Dixie ice cups in circular motions were the secret from my cross country/ironman days.
I am still icing it, although it doesn't seem to be helping much anymore. This crash was a little weird. I normally know when I am going to crash, and this time it was the complete opposite. I was caught by surprise. One second I'm skiing along no problem, and the next second I'm thinking to myself wow I'm getting wet, and holy sh it my ski is coming off, and when it was all said and done, I ended up being hurt. I have crashed much worse than that, so the whole thing is weird. I can't remember how I went in or anything. But you have to know it is going to happen sooner or later.

obnoxious001
03-25-2006, 11:40 PM
When you fall that way, your mind doesn't tell you to let go of the handles. If you get the tip into the water, the result can be fairly sudden and violent.

Riverkid
03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Are you sure that didn't happen on the dance floor at Bluewater kid??? :)

h20skiracer
03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Are you sure that didn't happen on the dance floor at Bluewater kid??? :)
HaHa! Well it could've... I know I needed a couple drinks Saturday after it happened though! The drugs I was on, with alcohol, I'm surprised I wasn't dancing! :D :devil:

SGettmann
03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Have you guys had a chance to check out Jeff of GoldFinger Racing's splash of the month? When you fall that hard and bounce on your head like that, do you get back up on the deck of the boat and reload while being dizzy and wanting to spew your guts out? I've been in some serious bike crashes from crits and road races, and remember going down hard, and jumping pack on my bike and going at it again. I would think that once you go down hard, a certain amount of strength is taken out of you, and you're likely to go down hard again. Mountain biking is like this for me. Crash hard once, I'm going in again. Your thoughts? Also, when you go down, is the fetal position the right position to take. From bike racing, never stick your arm out, since the collar bone is the weakest bone in the body. I really don't feel like letting go of the handles at 75 mph for shits and giggles and finding out the proper way to fall. The skier in Jeff's clip looked like he was knocked out afterwards. Of course, I don't plan on skiing 90 plus anytime soon, atleast until I get my motor done. :rollside:

h20skiracer
03-29-2006, 06:54 AM
Have you guys had a chance to check out Jeff of GoldFinger Racing's splash of the month? When you fall that hard and bounce on your head like that, do you get back up on the deck of the boat and reload while being dizzy and wanting to spew your guts out? I've been in some serious bike crashes from crits and road races, and remember going down hard, and jumping pack on my bike and going at it again. I would think that once you go down hard, a certain amount of strength is taken out of you, and you're likely to go down hard again. Mountain biking is like this for me. Crash hard once, I'm going in again. Your thoughts? Also, when you go down, is the fetal position the right position to take. From bike racing, never stick your arm out, since the collar bone is the weakest bone in the body. I really don't feel like letting go of the handles at 75 mph for shits and giggles and finding out the proper way to fall. The skier in Jeff's clip looked like he was knocked out afterwards. Of course, I don't plan on skiing 90 plus anytime soon, atleast until I get my motor done. :rollside:
That is a really good fall. But I have found you actually feel better after you bounce. When you just slam into the water and don't bounce that is when you get hurt worse. And honestly you really don't have time to tell yourself to really go into any position. You just have to tell yourself to go limp and not fight it.